The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Running things through

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Running things through Left_bar_bleue150/150Running things through Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Running things through Empty
PostSubject: Running things through   Running things through Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:17 pm

I walked into the melee section and grabbed a sword. I made sure it was balanced and felt right in my hand. Then I swung it at the neck of one of the dummies. It sliced it right off, a straight cut. I then stabbed the dummy in the gut and ran a slash across its back. I was getting into the feel of the sword. Just getting started.
Back to top Go down
Selene

Female Posts : 138
Birthday : 1999-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Running things through   Running things through Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:38 pm

Running things through Ben+10+Alien+Swarm+(2009)1
Marnie Kaleen

I walked over to the Melee section. That word made me cringe period. I walked over, but I saw that boy from District 2 again. "Hey," I said calmly. I grabbed a sword, balancing it in my hand. I was indeed inexperienced in this, and hoped that I would make a fool of myself. Luckily, when aiming, I sliced the head and arm off, and lodged the sword in it's stomach. Maybe I could do this.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Female Posts : 723
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Running things through Left_bar_bleue135/150Running things through Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)
Character Name:: Sebastian Sommer
Alliance:: Anti-Careers

PostSubject: Re: Running things through   Running things through Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:45 pm

Running things through Tumblr_ldpo1aRHLR1qa2hwao1_500
"Live every day to it's fullest, because you never know when yours might end."

I miss you
I miss your smile
And I still shed a tear
Every once in a while
And even though it's different now
You're still here somehow
My heart won't let you go
And I need you to know
I miss you, sha la la la la
I miss you

Klark looked at the male tribute for two and the female tribute for 11. Both of them seemed to be able to hold weapons pretty well. Klark could hold his, and could obviously stab the dummy. It was a dummy, and nothing would happen, but he wasn't sure what was going to be able to kill a person, but he couldn't let the other tributes know.
So, Klark stabbed the dummy. Once in the shoulder and another time in the stomach. He saw the girl from 11 talk to the guy from 2. He wasn't sure if he should go over to them and say hello, or simply continue what he was doing.

You used to call me your dreamer
And now I'm living out my dream
Oh how I wish you could see
Everything that's happening for me
I'm thinking back on the past
It's true that time is flying by too fast

I know you're in a better place, yeah
But I wish that I could see your face, oh
I know you're where you need to be
Even though it's not here with me
Back to top Go down
http://divergentcity.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Running things through   Running things through Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:20 pm

Star hurried over the the melee station and went to talk to her district partner. "Hey, nice stabbing, isn't stabbing people entertaining? Anyway, I was wondering if in the arena we should be allies or not, 'cause if not, I'd like to know beforehand so I can work out other alliances, and if we are being allies, then who else we should ally with or no one at all. The girls from District 10 and 11 seem nice enough, and the girl from 2 is okay but she's with the careers. Either way is fine with me, but I would like to know so we can both plan accordingly..." she explained, and trailed off.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Running things through Left_bar_bleue150/150Running things through Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Running things through   Running things through Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:29 pm

I had made my way to the station I had been wanting to try out for awhile today. Daggers and knives I'd be good at using in close combat, using a sword I was worried. Maybe I should do more physical training instead. I had still come to this station because I felt uncomfortable over in the long ranged station when two careers had been there at the same time and had been showing each other their talents. I now had a basic idea and I thought it was foolish to show off your talents because you never know where anyone was.

I found a one handed sword and a light one. I held it and swung it back and forth for awhile getting into the feel of it but decided not to use it and make a fool out of my self when there was many of the other tributes there, especially a career district. I took two daggers and held them in my hands and grinned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Running things through   Running things through Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:55 pm

Star, still facing Klark, noticed Estrella and pointed at her. "Speak of the tribute. Like I said, the girl from 10, Estrella," Star muttered quietly, figured Klark would speak up when he decided, and picked up a sword. Eh, can't hurt to try. I hope it works the same way as a spear... if not, I'll try a mace. That looks like fun. No spears yet, though... unless I faked being horrible with them. Maybe. For now, I should learn something new in as many areas as possible. Star held the sword according to an instructive diagram on the wall and swished it around. It seemed to be a good weight, but she knew she shouldn't just use it the way she would use a spear. Star jabbed it forward at the heart of the training dummy and felt the foil bend in the middle before stepping back. She sliced at the dummy a few times. Well, I don't totally suck, but fencing definitely isn't a secret natural talent for me... MACE TIME! Star grinned and picked up a mace. It was heavy, but she wasn't deterred. She deftly swung it around and clonked the dummy on the head. Ooh, I like this one! her mind squealed, and she continued to bludgeon the dummy unprofessionally but with some effect. Star was enjoying this.
Back to top Go down
Selene

Female Posts : 138
Birthday : 1999-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Running things through   Running things through Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:02 pm

Running things through Ben+10+Alien+Swarm+(2009)1
Marnie Kaleen

I continued the same technique on many dummies. Then I tried using the ax. To be honest, the sword was easier to wield. It felt like a knife, and I loved knives. I looked over at the girl and boy from District 10 and looked down at the ground. I felt awkward here. I continued to hack at the dummy with the sword.

Last edited by Selene on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Running things through   Running things through Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:44 am

I nodded politely at the 11 girl, and then things got crowded. District 6 showed up, although the guy wasn't completely unwelcome, he could be considered as a potential ally. Then the bane of the training center discussions, District 10, showed her face. I quietly chopped dummies to pieces, imagining they were the tributes I would soon face.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Running things through   Running things through Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:57 am

I had taken my daggers and I soon found my self a dummy and I had started to work on my hand to hand combat, my throwing was decent with knives so now I wanted to get good with the close combat of knives at least so I wouldn't be useless. I started to slash the dummy, first a slash starting at the left shoulder and across to the right side on the lower waist and then the other one slashed the neck from the right side. I then spun the one knife in my hand swiftly before going in and slashing across the waist and then lastly following after that slash I stabbed the dummy forcefully in the stomach. After that I just continued cutting the dummy into pieces but I made a design without even noticing it.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Female Posts : 723
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Running things through Left_bar_bleue135/150Running things through Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)
Character Name:: Sebastian Sommer
Alliance:: Anti-Careers

PostSubject: Re: Running things through   Running things through Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:00 am

Running things through Tumblr_ldpo1aRHLR1qa2hwao1_500
"Live every day to it's fullest, because you never know when yours might end."

I miss you
I miss your smile
And I still shed a tear
Every once in a while
And even though it's different now
You're still here somehow
My heart won't let you go
And I need you to know
I miss you, sha la la la la
I miss you

Klark sighed and looked at Star. A lot of other people had come over to the sword-station, and Klark was thinking that he should move.
"I'm...I don't know, but don't you think we should be talking about this somewhere else? Like, a career is right over there." He lightly jabs his head in the other direction.
"Look. I just...just don't know what I'm going to do..."

You used to call me your dreamer
And now I'm living out my dream
Oh how I wish you could see
Everything that's happening for me
I'm thinking back on the past
It's true that time is flying by too fast

I know you're in a better place, yeah
But I wish that I could see your face, oh
I know you're where you need to be
Even though it's not here with me
Back to top Go down
http://divergentcity.forumotion.com/
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Running things through   Running things through Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:16 pm

I smirk, "Yeah, a career is right over here" I say, having overheard the District 6 boy make a subtle reference to my presence. "Don't worry, I'm not as big a jerk as you think I am" I assure them, lowering the sword I was holding and turning to face them. "Feel free to decide you want to kill me in the arena, or even better, align yourself with me" I say, sending a silent invitation to the 6 Boy, but really it was directed at the entire group, to see who among them will take what stance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Running things through   Running things through Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:41 pm

Star nodded at Klark. "Yeah, I guess so. That works. We don't have to be allies, seriously. I just figured I might as well ask if we were. Either way is fine. I wasn't asking you to be in an alliance, I was asking if you assumed we were, because I don't really care that much whether or not we are. As for you," she said, turning to the boy from 2, "It doesn't matter whether you're a jerk or not, I mean, it matters, but not in context, I suppose. Just because somebody isn't the kindest person in the world doesn't mean they're a killer, and just because somebody's nice doesn't mean they're afraid to pick up a knife and stab another human being," Star explained, not trying to threaten anyone, just trying to be rational.

She picked the mace up again and conked the dummy on the head with it, staggering under the weight but using momentum to her advantage. She remembered what else 2 had said, and thought a moment. She figured not responding at all was better than giving a cryptic answer, and was silent. "Hm, I think I'm going to go try and learn how to live without, you know, dying," she said, not really talking to anyone, just making a statement. Star walked away, tightening her high ponytail.
Back to top Go down
libowy

libowy

Male Posts : 181
Birthday : 1998-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Running things through   Running things through Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:21 pm

I notice Estrella over at the Melee station and remember what Asher told us. I needed to get over there. I abandon the station I was currently in to make my way over there. I already knew how to fist fight, I just needed to learn how to apply that to a sword, or at-least make it lethal. "Hey Estrella." I say walking over to the instructor. Maybe he would have some advice for me.

I nod understandingly, as the instructor informs me of weak points on the body and how to use them to my advantage. He pauses for a moment as if deciding what else I needed to know, before finally explaining how to snap someones spine, and why it'd be useful. After I while I had had enough of hand to hand information, so I thank him moving towards a dummy to practice on. Later I become very glad these are practice swords because twice I hit to dummy and it rebounded to hit my in the gut.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Running things through   Running things through Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:40 pm

When Nathan came over I was just putting the knives away and the trainers were taking the dummy away and replacing it. I smiled and decided to watch Nathan for awhile. He had always been good at fighting and I knew it, I somehow thought that he'd be likely to win the games, more so than I would.

After awhile when he seemed to be pausing for a moment I came up to him and smiled. "Doing great today.. I'll be off in the paint section." I said smiling. "You should keep practising here, you seem to be improving your skill." I say half joking with the last thing I said and then walked over to the paint section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running things through   Running things through Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Running things through
Page 1 of 1