The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 8:16 pm

Miri pondered Azalea's question as she heated up the water on the stove. "Hm.... well, I suppose you could crush the tomatoes! It's such fun! Here," she said, reaching under a cupboard and handing Azalea a sturdy-looking stone bowl with a mallet-type-thing in it for smashing with.
"Scarlett'll be back in a sec, but you might as well go out there and help her with some of the tomatoes. Just make sure you wash them off before your first attack, and you might want to wear an apron or something..."
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue150/150The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance:: None

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 8:09 pm

Scarlett walked back inside, carrying a heavy basket filled with mostly tomatoes and other vegetables. She set it on the table and handed Azaleaa few tomatoes. "Here, we can both smash some tomatoes. Make sure you don't smash them too much, we like to have a little texture." Scarlett advised Azalea.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Female Posts : 723
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue135/150The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)
Character Name:: Sebastian Sommer
Alliance:: Anti-Careers

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:51 pm

The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Christieburke
"Protect those that you love. If you don't, than who else will be there to love you back?"

I work hard every day of my life
I work till I ache my bones
At the end I take home my hard earned pay all on my own -
I get down on my knees
And I start to pray
Till the tears run down from my eyes
Lord - somebody - somebody
Can anybody find me - somebody to love?

"Okay, where can I get an apron...?" She asked, not familiar with Miri's home.

"Wait-shouldn't we wash the tomatoes before we crush them...? You wouldn't want bugs on them, right...?" She asked. Azalea always hated to find a little fruit fly whenever she ate. It was a little pet peeve of hers, so she always tried to wash of the fruit or vegetable whenever water was available... after she'd drunken some, of course.

Everyday - I try and I try and I try -
But everybody wants to put me down
They say I'm goin' crazy
They say I got a lot of water in my brain
Got no common sense
I got nobody left to believe
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down
http://divergentcity.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:21 pm

Miri grabbed an apron from off a hanger and handed one to Azalea. She also took one for Scarlett, and tossed it to her. "Yup. Like I said. Here, spray it with this and dry it off. It's just water, but it wastes less than pouring water over it," she suggested, giving them a little spray bottle and a dry washcloth. "Oh, but if you do see any bugs, give them to Flutter. He likes rounding them up and letting Angel have 'em. He used to poke their wings off, but I thought that was a little too vicious," she said seriously, keeping a straight face. Miri wasn't kidding.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue150/150The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:21 pm

"Thanks for the details Miri." Scarlett said, taking the apron and fastening it around her waist. She took the spray bottle and sprayed the tomato, then handed it to Azalea. "Here, I'll wash, and you can smash."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:20 pm

Miri raised an eyebrow. "Okay, then. Ooh! Quick tip: when smashing, push down and outwards at the same time. It helps with the texture. It's also great for stress relief. No lie," she said with a serious expression, nodding slowly. Miri then made her way back inside the house and checked the water. It was boiling, so she poured the pasta in and let it simmer down a little before putting on the id. She darted over to a little hourglass that timed 8 minutes and turned it over, bringing in Flutter because he enjoyed staring at every single grain of sand and making sure they didn't do anything suspicious. It helped her remember when to stop it, because he would complain loudly with a series of what was probably cursing in hummingbird chirps, and she'd know eight minutes were up.

"Bring it in here when you're done, we need to add milk. Some people make it with water, but it tastes better this way. Well, I hope it does. We never really do that but it popped into my head and seemed like it would be good," she called, giggling.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Female Posts : 723
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue135/150The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)
Character Name:: Sebastian Sommer
Alliance:: Anti-Careers

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 5:06 pm

The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Christieburke
"Protect those that you love. If you don't, than who else will be there to love you back?"

I work hard every day of my life
I work till I ache my bones
At the end I take home my hard earned pay all on my own -
I get down on my knees
And I start to pray
Till the tears run down from my eyes
Lord - somebody - somebody
Can anybody find me - somebody to love?

"Okay, that doesn't seem to hard," Azalea says.
She begins to mash crush the tomatoes, but not to hard, leaving some little junks in it.
"This good?" She asks, showing Scarlett.

Everyday - I try and I try and I try -
But everybody wants to put me down
They say I'm goin' crazy
They say I got a lot of water in my brain
Got no common sense
I got nobody left to believe
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down
http://divergentcity.forumotion.com/
Hyacinth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 9:30 pm

"Perfect. Here's the milk, pour in however much you think seems right. If you put too much though, the meal will be ruined. No pressure." Scarlett said with a wink. She handed over a jug of milk. "Fresh from this morning. Miri's neighbor has a goat and it wanders into our house a lot. Don't tell, okay?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:24 pm

Miri grinned at the mention of this, then darted into the kitchen when she heard Flutter chirping. He poked her on the arm and lead her over to the timer. "Oh, hush, I know that sand stopped falling, quit your complaining. Here," she teased, turning the timer over again and turning the heat off for the pasta. She carried it over to the sink, grabbed a strainer, and poured out the water. She then transferred it back into the original pot and let it cool.

"You know what would be cool?"
she said absentmindedly, "If there was such a thing as 'Cupcake Day.' Don't you think?"

Back to top Go down
Hyacinth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 6:54 pm

"Yeah. I like cupcakes, and we don't get to have them, well, ever." Scarlett said, picking up a piece of spaghetti with her fingers, tasting to see if it was ready. "Mmmmm, al dente, just how I like it."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:04 am

OOC: Changed her name to Rosie, sorry for confusion. I dunno why, it just seemed to fit better. I liked everything about Miri except her name, and I didn't want to delete her, so... yeah. Razz

Miri Rosie grinned, looking wistfully off into the distance. "Ah, cupcakes. Why must you be so delicious, yet so rare? See, on cupcake day, cupcakes would be EVERYWHERE for free. That'd be awesome." Rosie watched as Scarlett tasted the pasta and nodded. "Good; al dente is good."

She reached into the container and grabbed a noodle, letting it air-cool for a moment before popping it into her mouth. "Yum. Good pasta."
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 4:50 pm

"Yep. So are the tomatoes ready?" She asks Azalea, looking over her shoulder into the bowl. "They seem pretty good. Now we just have to season it. Rosie, will you come pick out some herbs from the garden with me? Do you have any rosemary?" Scarlett asked, walking outside with a basket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 10:26 pm

"Totally," Rosie said with a smile, but when Scarlett mentioned rosemary, she frowned and raised an eyebrow. "Do I have any rosemary? Do I have any rosemary?!? Is that a joke?" She led Scarlett around to another little section of the garden, where a large bush of rosemary sat, surrounded by pleasant little pink-and-blue flowers. "And I thought you knew me better than that. Of course we have rosemary, silly! We used it in the tomato sauce last time, I think."
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 8:42 pm

"Good. That's my favorite. What else ya got?" Scarlett asked, surveying the garden. She wasn't as good as identifying herbs as Rosie was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Rosie laughed. "I don't know. A lot. We've got some thyme back over there, of course, and there's oregano next to the rosemary, which would probably be good in spaghetti sauce. Obviously basil, unless- did we already add that? I can't remember. Anyway, that's next to the thyme, and there's also some fennel, but don't put that in, that would be gross. We've got a blueberry plant, I guess, and I can go on if you like, but nothing else I can think of to put with tomatoes unless you'd like peppermint or licorice plant with that," she said with a smile. Rosie liked plants, hence her name, especially herbs. Even her last name was a plant.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 10:47 pm

"Wow. Well our spaghetti will be very flavorful then." Scarlett said, with a laugh, as she walked over to the rosemary bush. She grabbed a handful and put it in the basket. "What next?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:29 am

Rosie shrugged. "I think that's it. I guess we've just got to mix them together, put out some bowls, and eat!" she said with a smile, putting together the pasta and the sauce. She grabbed a much-dulled dagger off the wall and looped a piece of tomato-sauce-covered pasta on it, popping it in her mouth. She chewed briefly, swallowed, and grinned, satisfied. "Perfect. Try it!" Rosie suggested, holding out the harmless blade.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:20 pm

"Ummmm. Sure." Scarlett hesitated, eyeing the blade. She pinched the spaghetti in her fingers and slurped it up. "Yum! I'll get the bowls." She said, walking towards the cabinets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:07 pm

(OOC: Hey, so, you know how you had a cold last week and I caught it? Anyway, now I'm losing my voice on the ONE WEEK of music camp out of the ENTIRE SUMMER and I am supposed to be singing for some of the songs... isn't that lovely? Anyway, I'm not blaming you, my voice would have been fine if not for me singing to loudly. I just want to know if you lost your voice when you were sick, since I'm pretty sure I have the same thing, and if so, how long it took for you to get it baaaack.... do you know? The answer would be super helpful, assuming you weren't voiceless for 6 months before last week... Razz I would PM this to you but I'm not sure if you know what that means, soooooooo. . . yeah.)

Rosie nodded dreamily. Her eyes look vacant, and she was staring off into space. "That works," she said quietly, almost as if she were speaking to herself, but she wasn't. "Oh, um... get the smaller bowls!" Rosie added, snapping out of her daze. "Sorry, I spaced out. Could you get a... I don't know, a lid or something, too? You know, for Azalea, in case she wants to take some home. We kinda made a lot. Possibly too much... for the entire district." She laughed. "Well, not quite. But still, if there's a lid, you know..." Rosie trailed off, gesturing with her hands to signify putting the lid on the bowl of pasta and giving it to Azalea.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 7:33 pm

(ya i don't know what pm means. But I didn't have a sore throat at all during my cold. Mostly just stuffy/runny nose and coughing. But it could have just been allergies. Are you feeling better now?)

"Okay. I found a lid. Is this a good size?" Scarlett asked, holding a medium sized lid. "Mmmmmm. I'm hungry. I can't wait to eat this." She groaned, looking hungrily at the pasta.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:19 pm

(Yeah, well I wouldn't lose my voice from allergies, but whatever, I am better now, and thanks! Smile)

Rosie laughed. "That's fine. I'll get a scooper-thingy," she said, going around to the other side of the kitchen. She reached into a drawer and pulled out a large, deep spoon with spiky edges. "This will do." Rosie went back over to Scarlett, grabbed the container of spaghetti surprise, and plopped some into a little bowl. She repeated this process until they had a few cowls of spaghetti, and handed one to Scarlett. "You know where the forks are, right?"

(The word 'this' is a link to what I'm talking about.)
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 8:39 pm

"Yep. I think so." Scarlett said, opening a drawer filled with napkins. She tried the drawer next to it and pulled out three forks. "There they are."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:37 am

(We really need something interesting to happen because spaghetti is freaking boring. I don't even know what to say. Seriously.)

Rosie pursed her lips and put a fork next to each bowl. "Great, thanks," she said. "Now... I need to go water the plants. I'll be right back. Try not to burn the house down, 'kay?" Rosie chuckled as she left the house, swinging her arms. She grabbed a pitcher, filled it with water from the family's little well, which stood in the garden, and poured it on the plants, starting with the herbs, then moving on to the flowers, then the greens/other plants, and finally the trees.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:44 pm

"No promises!" Scarlett laughed, jokingly. "Angel!" The cat came running in, his fur sticking out in all different directions,with Flutter closely behind, circling Angel's head. She took a small bowl and filled it with a little of the meat sauce and set it down for him. "How's that? Is it yummy?" She asked, giggling. Angel purred in response.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 9:28 pm

Rosie hummed quietly as she got some water from a pot outside the door and tipped it over her garden. When she was finished, she went back inside and dished herself up a bowl of spaghetti. She took a fork and slurped some into her mouth. "Mm!" Rosie exclaimed. "This has to be the best spaghetti surprise we've ever made." She took another bite, chewed slowly, and swallowed.

(I'm actually really craving spaghetti right now because of this. xD)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2