The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

From The Water Room to The South Rampart

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

Female Posts : 125
Birthday : 1994-10-21

From The Water Room to The South Rampart Empty
PostSubject: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:07 pm

After surviving what seemed to be a flight of crumbling steps, I set up a makeshift camp on the south rampart. I smirked when I realized that I would have had a clear view of the tributes who were on the north rampart across from me, but the tower no longer existed. I also saw that there were several holes on the rampart which would be good if it managed to rain and fill them. If not, I'd have to risk trips down to the water room more frequently than I'd like to.

Last edited by Paperbackwriter on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://flavors.me/paperbackwriter
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
From The Water Room to The South Rampart Left_bar_bleue150/150From The Water Room to The South Rampart Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:08 pm

(North rampart is destroyed, just FYI Razz)
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:11 pm

(oh, seriously? haha i thought there were like 3 people there)
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
From The Water Room to The South Rampart Left_bar_bleue150/150From The Water Room to The South Rampart Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:13 pm

(It broke and they fell into the courtyard Razz Also, none of these count as GM posts, Sno is back, I think)
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:17 pm

(please let me know if im not allowed to do this and i'll edit...but i see that luca and silver fell to the courtyard off a tower)

I peered over the edge and saw two tributes laying, sprawled out on the ground of the courtyard, not far from the cornucopia. They seemed to be moving a bit, almost writhing in pain. Now, was my chance. I unraveled the net and attached it to the string before lowering it down from the rampart. The edge of the net seemed to get caught on the girl tribute's shoe. I quickly yanked the string with all of my force, hoping to flip her over and trap her with my net.
Paperbackwriter carried out 1 launched of one Attack(2) :
From The Water Room to The South Rampart Arrow-17

Last edited by Paperbackwriter on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:25 pm

They have moved since, Luca was killed, Silver and Esther made their way to drawbridge, so yeah, delete that one Razz.

No change
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:25 pm

(gah sorry jeez....so hard to keep track of where everyone goes)
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:28 pm

(You can change this reply ^ to a post, since I did a GM post)
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:29 pm

I decided to stay still in the rampart and determine my next move. I set to whittling my piece of wood into a stake of sorts. I had no other use for it that I could think of.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:32 pm

Upon further examination of the Southern Rampart, Atom realizes the stone pathway is riddled with potholes, that would make walking more difficult.
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:34 pm

I had originally thought that the potholes would be good for collecting water, but if the stairs had been crumbling earlier, who knew how sturdy anything else was? I pondered leaving the rampart.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:36 pm

Atom suddenly thinks about the possibility of setting up bait here to lure other tributes onto the damaged ramparts.
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:37 pm

Maybe I could use the bad conditions of the rampart as a trap for other tributes. I whittled as I thought. I was itching to use my new net and rope.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:38 pm

No change, the gamemakers obviously wanted to see what Atom could do.
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:56 pm

I needed to grab their attention. Something to spark their attention. I carefully paced on the rampart looking for some sort of wood or anything really in order to start a fire. Then, I'd get the hell out of there and let those other tributes kill themselves. I just had to outsmart them.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:59 pm

Atom manages to find two(x2) more small pieces of wood. He'll have to look harder to find more.
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:02 pm

Maybe the holes on the ground weren't dangerous after all. They just looked intimidating. They could be storing something like the wood I so desperately needed. It could be the gamemakers just playing with the tributes and seeing if they'd take those risks. Most wouldn't, but maybe I'd get lucky. I moved closer to inspect the hole closest to me. I threw one of my apples in it making sure that if I was right and there was something in it, it wouldn't kill me at least.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:04 pm

Some stone cracked, revealing something brown beneath it, Atom would have to risk injuring his hand to pull whatever it was out.
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:09 pm

I took a deep breath and reached my hand into the hole. I had to take the risk. I hoped I'd be okay.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:11 pm

A few larger sticks of wood(x3) were pulled out. They were slightly damp, but would burn once dried off some.
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:12 pm

I smiled. Perfect. Now, I had five sticks of wood. I'd risk one more hole and then I would go through with my plan. I removed the apple from the first hole and tossed it into the next and waited for something to happen.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:16 pm

The apple broke through the stone and fell down into the courtyard, the pothole had been over nothing, and that section of the rampart was obviously dangerous, there was, however, another stick of wood hanging out of the stone, almost falling through the hole.
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:25 pm

I grabbed the piece of wood. That made six. I began preparing the wood for a fire. It would take a while without matches, but I'd paid attention in survival skills training. After enough rubbing, I saw a spark and grinned. Seeing that last hole just proved that the rampart was less stable than I'd originally thought. If anyone else came up here, it would probably tumble to the ground. I laughed as the apple caught on fire. I knew this was a great trap, but hopefully the others would come up here thinking they'd catch me just trying to prep my dinner. I grabbed my things and headed down the steps and towards safety.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:44 pm

The fire grew slightly after Atom had left, throwing up smoke visible to anyone at the courtyard or drawbridge.
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:46 pm

I decided to head back to the kitchen. I hadn't found anything that useful there aside from the knife, but it would be a good place to hide out for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From The Water Room to The South Rampart   From The Water Room to The South Rampart Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From The Water Room to The South Rampart
Page 1 of 1