The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DinoLily

DinoLily

Female Posts : 556

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Left_bar_bleue150/150Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance:: None

Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Empty
PostSubject: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 7:56 pm

Esther Warrington~District 4
I followed Estrella into the storeroom, panting. I set down my things on the cold stone floor. It had been a while since I had entered the castle and the last time I ended up falling out of it. I shivered, dripping wet. My teeth chattered. I reached for my blanket, but didn't grab it. I didn't want to get it wet. I looked up to Estrella. "It looks like we're alone. We should stay. I don't want to bump into anyone else. We have no first aid kit." I said quietly.

STATS: Items: Sword(1), Blanket(1), Apple(1), Firewood(2), and Metal Rod(1)
Injuries: Right ankle crushed, right knee crushed.
health: 140/200
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Left_bar_bleue150/150Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 8:21 pm

I stayed put and I shook my head letting loose of the excess water. I checked my supplies over and was relieved when I had them all. It wasn't much though, I found my crackers that managed to stay semi dry. I had to pick out the completely ruined ones. I took one that was mostly dry and ate it satisfying my hunger for now. I wrapped my crackers up in the package they came in and then put them in my quiver. I then noticed the boxes in the storeroom, maybe I could find some medical items or maybe some food. My biggest hope was either a blanket or something to start a fire with, it'd get cold during the night and Esther and I were completely soaked from the moat. I began to try opening one of the boxes near by hoping something safe or useful would be inside. "Sure we can stay here." I told Esther, of course I had no plans to go somewhere else for now.

ITEMS: Rope, bucket(little bit of water in it.), quiver of arrows(x17), half a package of crackers, and a bow.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 8:24 pm

The crate is opened to reveal emptiness. The disappointment sinks in slowly. But there are other crates nearby.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:56 pm

I watched Estrella open a crate. She didn't find anything, but there were more crates near by. "Let's check all the crates. We need to get our energy up in case another tribute comes." I said quietly. "But, try not to make too much noise." I added. I did my best to open one of the crates without making too much noise. I felt extremely paranoid. I checked behind me almost every few seconds. In fact, I would stop moving sometimes just because I would think I was hearing something. But, it always turned out to be my own feet making the floorboards creak, not someone else's.

Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:02 am

I noticed that Esther was a bit on edge. "Esther, calm down, your nerves them selves are going to attract other tributes." I said with a grin and then I walk over to a different set of boxes and then I tried to pry open a box hoping to find anything, anything would be good unless it put me in danger. "I mean really, there's only seven of us left.. Flint went to the cornucopia.. so I assume others may be out there.. our only danger is people getting out of the dungeon but they'll be weaker than us if they come out, that place is a death hole." I said wrinkling my face at the thought of it.

ITEMS: Rope, bucket(with little bit of water), crackers, bow, quiver of arrows (x17)
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:06 am

The crate of Esther contains a pickaxe, suitable for mining through the wall, possibly to the dungeon. Estrella's crate is empty, and so she moves to examine the contents of Esthers. Obviously this is meant for her, but is it a trap, and is it worth the risk?
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:34 am

I saw it, the pickaxe, it was obviously put there for me, right? It had to be! I wanted to go down to the dungeons and try to get to Nathan, he was still down there and I knew it. I needed to try and I bit my lip, Esther wouldn't want to go down there and I said we'd stay here..Key word being we that didn't mean anything about me. The gamemakers wanted me to go back down there didn't they? Was this some stupid trap of theirs to get me to go down there? I wanted to see Nathan and I almost had to, without wasting time I took the pickaxe, it may also be good for close range combat which would be handy. "Well now I can defend myself if I run out of arrows or I have no range." I said hoping she wouldn't want it, she had a sword and I needed to be more prepared. I was very tempted to go down and at least try to get into the dungeon, what was the worst that could happen? Maybe I'd just have to sneak away later at night to try. "Lets see what else is in the other boxes." I said firmly and then tried opening yet another box expecting to find absolutely nothing.

ITEMS! Rope, bucket(little bit of water), crackers(half a package), bow, quiver of arrows(x17), and a pickaxe.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:42 am

I found a deadly looking pickaxe in my crate. Estrella came over. I nodded. "Okay." I could tell there was something Estrella was hiding something from me, but I wasn't quite sure what it was. I sighed. Estrella was right, I needed to relax. But not too much. I also needed to stay a tiny bit paranoid, just in case. I walked over to a few crates and knelt down next to them. This time I used my sword to cut one open. It was much easier, but I didn't want to dull my sword. I opened another crate with my hands, even though it took longer.

Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:45 am

Esther's crate contained nothing, and it seemed the same way for Estrella. A crumbling sound caught the attention of the tributes, as part of the wall collapsed, revealing a small part of the stairway that they both knew led to the dungeon.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:57 am

The wall crumbling had startled me and I jumped a bit and then looked at it. The stairs were going down, where to? The dungeons of course. I was tired of being in the games it had gone on for so long, hopefully it'd all end soon and one of us would go home. Looking down the stairs into the darkness was rather haunting to me and brought back lots of memories from the reaping when all the haunting had gone on and it played by really quickly and I blinked shaking my head. "Well, looks like the gamemakers want us down there." I said pointing down the stairs with my pickaxe. "I mean why else would they just give me a pickaxe and a free passage down there." I said grinning, "Seems like the start of the games all over again." I said chuckling and then I moved on forward and started to look at the partial bit of the wall that was taken down, maybe I could make it big enough of an entrance to get in, I was small and I could probably fit through if I just made it a bit bigger, I took the pickaxe and tried to tear the stone wall down a bit more.

ITEMS: The usual since last post xD

Last edited by Sorella&Gazella on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:02 am

(Only a small part of the stairwell is revealed, rest is still blocked by stone.)
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:06 am

(I'll change it -.- why couldn't you just reveal the whole thing.. be a lot more fun.)
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:06 am

I bit my lip. "Are you sure that's a good idea?" I asked. Two people had died down there. Both were amazing fighters, probably even better than me. I hate to admit it, but I was afraid of the dungeons. But, then again, the gamemakers would love it. Nathan reunited with Estrella and Hunter with me. "Whatever." I said. Hopefully, we would be okay.

Last edited by LimeGreenLily on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:37 pm

As Estrella's pickaxe connected with the rock, the stones blocking the stairwell crumbled to dust, and the staircase turned into a steep slope to the bottom. The tributes slid to the bottom, where a thick stone wall blocked their way into the dungeons, at the top of the stairs, rocks crumbled over the exit, blocking out almost all the light. They would have to figure out how to get out.

Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 5:19 pm

I groaned. There was a humongous stone wall blocking the entrance to the dungeons, and there was no going back now. Sweat ran down my face. It was cold sweat. I eyed the small hallway. "It looks like the gamemakers want us to tear down that wall." I set my things down and walked to the wall of stones. I did my best to remove a few rocks from the wall, but it didn't make much of a difference. I sighed. I went over to Estrella's bucket of water and splashed some on my face. I only used a little, but it felt amazing. Refreshing was the only word I could think of to describe it. I licked my lips and felt sweet water on my tongue. Then I went back to work on the wall.

Last edited by LimeGreenLily on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 6:41 pm

I sighed, of course the gamemakers would make something like this happen, did they just plan on us rotting in here? Surely not, a passage would be made eventually because how exciting was this? To watch two allied tributes be stuck in this? I sighed and looked at our options, "Well considering this is a slope." I said pointing at the way we just came, "It's not the easiest way out but it could be possible." I noted and then looked at our other option. "Our other option would be to some how mine our way into a death hole they call a dungeon, filled with many traps that could injure us or possibly kill us, I will not beat around the bush on what's in there." I said and sighed. "So take your pick, the dungeons are a struggle to get up there and possibly reach no success. Or if we must we could just get some rest here for a bit, I don't see much danger unless the gamemakers open the dungeon wall and a tribute comes out." I said firmly.

ITEMS: The usual -.-
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:51 pm

A few cracks began to appear on one of the side walls of the stairway, small, but potentially dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 8:00 pm

I sighed, we seemed to be in a bit of danger but it could also be nothing. We didn't have time to fool around and I didn't have time to stand here and wait for Esther to answer me, this was stupid. I sighed and looked at my stuff and decided my one route, which was up but was it worth it? or could I be killed off by the gamemakers while attempting it? I decided to just find a way out from where I was and started to search around hoping something would open up because being in quite a closed in space wasn't ideal for me.

ITEMS: Rope, bucket (some water), crackers(half a package), pickaxe, bow, quiver of arrows (x17)
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 8:01 pm

(Forgot to roll the die -.-)
Back to top Go down
Dicemaster
The Computer Account
The Computer Account
Dicemaster

Birthday : 2011-03-05

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Left_bar_bleue250000000000/250000000000Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Empty_bar_bleue  (250000000000/250000000000)
Character Name:: Dicemaster

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 8:01 pm

The member 'Sorella&Gazella' has done the following action : ROLL

'Escape' :
Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. 4turns
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:50 pm

The crack enlarges, and a small flow of water squirts out into the room, turning into a steady flow.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:53 pm

Suddenly water started flowing into the room. No, that couldn't be water. There's no way the gamemakers would have us die in such a boring fashion. But when I crouched down and touched the small flow, I knew that it was water. I gulped. "The dungeons. And fast. We don't have much time." I concluded. My hands were shaking with fear. I looked around, in search for some sort of opening to the dungeons.

Back to top Go down
Dicemaster
The Computer Account
The Computer Account
Dicemaster

Birthday : 2011-03-05

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Left_bar_bleue250000000000/250000000000Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Empty_bar_bleue  (250000000000/250000000000)
Character Name:: Dicemaster

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:53 pm

The member 'LimeGreenLily' has done the following action : ROLL

'Escape' :
Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. 1turn
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:28 pm

Esther realized there is no way through to the dungeons, and decides to climb. She manages to break a hole in the wall blocking the way to the storeroom and crawl through. by this time, the water has filled half the stairway, with more cracks appearing. Esther could wait for Estrella, try to help her, or leave to somewhere safer.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:43 pm

My fingers felt stiff from climbing. I gasped for air. I was safe. I couldn't believe it. I was about to leave the storeroom when I remembered Estrella. I looked at the littered rocks. I could easily pick one up and cover the hole I had escaped from. Yet I could also easily use my blanket as a rope. I had to think fast. The water would drown her and my blanket if I didn't. I crawled to the hole. "Estrella?" I yelled down.

Last edited by LimeGreenLily on Sat May 05, 2012 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.   Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just here, hoping the castle won't fall onto me.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next