The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Time of Healing

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A Time of Healing Empty
PostSubject: A Time of Healing   A Time of Healing Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 11:58 pm

A Time of Healing MrZ36
A Time of Healing Tumblr_lwxjitNLpg1r23tzz
Outfit

A Time of Healing Tumblr_lqz736teHG1qinu3g

Sadie stumbled across the threshold to the English household, supporting her identical twin sister, Sofia, who had gotten a rather bad gash on her leg. She slithered free of her sister's arm once they got near a chair and hurried off to get a better bandage. "We should still have some supplies and stuff from when what's-his-face treated mom's burns a few hours ago," she called over her shoulder, rifling through the cupboards. "He said to reapply the medicine and put on a new bandage tomorrow morning, so there might be some extra out of what he left behind. I say left behind- I think mom gave him something in exchange, but I'm not sure if we actually bought it. Whatever." At last, Sadie pulled out some antiseptic serum to help kill the germs and keep it from getting infected and an actual bandage. She returned to Sofia and removed the previous make-shift bandage from her leg, wiping it off with a nearby cloth napkin and cringing at the blood. "Okay, so, next time, how 'bout I don't look..." she teased half-heartedly, smearing the serum over the wound and looking away every now and then. "I mean, a little blood is fine, but not when it's all up in a wound with skin and flesh and everything. Eurrgh." Sadie shuddered as she wrapped the bandage around her twin's leg and stuck it against itself at the end. "There. Works every time," Sadie giggled, even though she wasn't use to this. "Just kidding. We should get someone to check on it or something, though. Maybe someone who actually knows what they're doing." She smiled apologetically and put her hands on her hips.

Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Female Posts : 905
Birthday : 1998-09-29

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
A Time of Healing Left_bar_bleue150/150A Time of Healing Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

A Time of Healing Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time of Healing   A Time of Healing Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 2:35 am

A Time of Healing Create.php?text=Sofia%20English&name=Babalu
A Time of Healing Tumblr_m9nfqxqmzh1r8nzja
Outfit

Sofia waved to her mother as she was practically dragged by Sadie into the interior of their house. She tipped her head to the side as she watched her twin work, wincing at the antiseptic cream. It always stung for some reason. It wasn't very pleasant, but Sofia knew that it was actually good for her. "Well, I don't like blood any more than you do." Sofia told her twin, shuddering along with her. "Maybe there'll be some random in the streets who can actually knows how to do this properly." she said with a smile and a small laugh. Sofia just didn't want to sit around doing nothing. That would be so boring.

"Oh, that reminds me. I have to see what food there is so I can make dinner." she said suddenly. Sofia used the back of the chair to get up. Then she proceeded to limp over to the kitchen. She opened up the pantry and looked inside. There was pasta, a chicken, onions, mushrooms and a couple of other things. Sofia tipped her head to one side and turned to look back at Sadie over her left shoulder. "Would you agree to some sort of pasta and chicken dish for dinner? Maybe a sauce and vegetables to go with it?" she called. Sofia had thought of that dish because she knew Horace liked it and wouldn't complain. Hopefully the rest of the family would be fine with it as well.
Back to top Go down

A Time of Healing Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time of Healing   A Time of Healing Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 10:12 pm

A Time of Healing Tumblr_m7u021yZoZ1ru0t89

Sadie shrugged. "Anything's fine. Be careful when you put weight on that, though,"
she said with a wince, eyes trained on Sofia's injured leg. "Do you want some help with dinner?
I can tell you when the pasta's boiling or gather materials or something."
Sadie
knew how good Sofia was at cooking, and she didn't want to ruin that, but she couldn't stand
seeing her twin sister in pain with every step. She cringed, trying not to watch her leg and imagining
blood oozing into the bandage that she didn't dare check to see was real. Sadie took
out a pot to cook the pasta in, but tripped over her own feet in her avoidance of facing Sofia and it fell to the floor with
an ear-shattering clatter. "Oh, gosh, I'm sorry," she stammered, picking up the pot and placing it
on a counter. "So, how do you start?"
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
A Time of Healing Left_bar_bleue150/150A Time of Healing Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

A Time of Healing Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time of Healing   A Time of Healing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:20 am

A Time of Healing Tumblr_m7bsc8kIKV1r8wvvh

Sofia sighed in slight relief as Sadie agreed to the dinner idea. Good, she wouldn't have to think of anything else. Sofia grabbed the vegetables and the pasta jar and put them on the bench. Then she carefully drew out the chicken and put it on a chopping board. After that she collected a few other things and took a step back to see if she'd forgotten anything/ "Don't worry, I'll be careful." Sofia called idly as she examined her ingredients. She nodded to herself after a bt and turned around just in time to catch Sadie in the act of tripping over her own feet. "Woah. Are you okay?" she asked quickly as Sadie climbed to her feet. She looked alright, so hopefully there wouldn't be any permanent damage. "Well, if you really want to help just pour some water into that pot and put it on the fire until the water boils." Sofia told her twin. While Sadie was doing that Sofia took out another chopping board and started cutting up some of the vegtables.

Back to top Go down

A Time of Healing Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time of Healing   A Time of Healing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:52 am

A Time of Healing Tumblr_m9nfp3sBor1r8nzja

Sadie smiled, and twirled over to fill the pot with water.
She put it over the fire and turned up the
heat, dancing around. "You never told me cooking
was so much fun!"
she exclaimed through
a tirade of giggles, grabbing a dry noodle and
brandishing it as Sofia like a sword. She kept watch
over the water from the corner of her eye and pranced
around the kitchen area, humming and poking
things with the piece of pasta. When the water finally fizzled loudly
enough for Sadie to tell it was boiling, she scampered over to it and alerted Sofia.
"It's boiling, it's boiling, it's boiling! Should I put in the pasta?" she asked frantically,
unsure of what to do.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

A Time of Healing Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time of Healing   A Time of Healing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 1:08 am

A Time of Healing Tumblr_m49uov6F5j1qfswqxo11_r1_250

Sofia giggled as her twin pranced around the room. "You wouldn't have believed me if I told you and this is the first time you've offered to help!" she pointed out. Sofia finished chopping her vegetables and set a few aside. They would go into the sauce for later on. Then she went over to inspect the water, just to double check it was boiling. Satisfied that it was she grabbed the pasta jar and returned to Sadie and the pot. "Now we put the pasta in! But not the noodle pasta. We nee to use these cylinder ones." she told her twin. Sofia plucked the noodle out of Sadie's grip and put the bag of pasta in her hand. "That bag's almost finished, so just pour it all in."

Back to top Go down

A Time of Healing Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time of Healing   A Time of Healing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 2:19 pm

A Time of Healing Tumblr_m9ng2acdg71r8nzja

Sadie laughed as the took the bag of pasta, tipped it over, and watched the noodles cascade into the pot,
sizzling with every touch. A drop of the water flew up and hit her on the face. "Ow," she complained,
wrinkling her nose. "Oh well. Pasta's in. How long should it cook until it's ready?" she asked, looking
from Sofia to the pot and back again. She put the lid on the pot and turned to face Sofia fully. After a few moments,
splatters of water hit her back. Sadie gasped, spun around, ripped the lid off of the pot, which was overflowing with
bubbles, grabbed a spoon, and stirred until the clear water returned. Sadie took a deep breath. "Sorry, again."

Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

A Time of Healing Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time of Healing   A Time of Healing Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 12:51 am

A Time of Healing Tumblr_m7u028tKOE1ru0t89

Sofia spun around as Sadie gasped. It was just some boiling water though, and Sadie seemed to be fine. Now, what was next? The pasta wasn't ready yet, it had only been in there for a minute or two max. What else could she get Sadie to do? "Alright, you can chop up these potatoes." Sofia told her twin. Potatoes were the last vegetables left to cut up. Sofia fluttered over to the chicken and opened up the pot. She poked the bird with her knife. From the tiny gash she had made Sofia could tell it wasn't completely ready. Well, it was almost nearly there. Maybe another 10 minutes or something?
Back to top Go down

A Time of Healing Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time of Healing   A Time of Healing Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:14 pm

A Time of Healing Tumblr_m5y7roJxWg1rq8cag

Sadie snatched a knife up from the counter, and headed for the potatoes. "Okay!" she said cheerfully. Sadie held the potato down with one finger and gradually brought the knife down on the potato. She made sure to avoid chopping off a finger. That wouldn't taste very good, now would it? she thought to herself, trying not to recoil from the image in her head. Sadie grimaced and returned her focus to cutting up the potatoes. When she had a few in pieces, she once again face Sofia. "Is this enough?" she asked, holding up the board she had been chopping them on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Time of Healing Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time of Healing   A Time of Healing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Time of Healing
Page 1 of 1