The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I've only ever asked for one thing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I've only ever asked for one thing Left_bar_bleue150/150I've only ever asked for one thing Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

I've only ever asked for one thing Empty
PostSubject: I've only ever asked for one thing   I've only ever asked for one thing Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 9:07 am

I've only ever asked for one thing Tumblr_m1etfaMHOn1qc4wzco1_500

"Never wanted this, never want to see you hurt
Every little bump in the road I tried to swerve
People are people and sometimes it doesn't work out
Nothing we say is gonna save us from the fall out

And we know it's never simple, never easy
Never a clean break, no one here to save me
You're the only thing I know like the back of my hand.

I can't breathe without you, but I have to."
- Breathe, Taylor Swift

Amaya broke down and slammed the bakery door as Rhea started celebrating after her brother took his final breath. She ran to the only place she knew and ran and ran and ran. She ran across the whole beach's coastline before stopping to stare out towards the sea. She didn't like it very much anymore, all it does was remind her of her father, and her brother. Amaya kicked the sand up high and mixed with the sea water, it fell into the sea like beads dropping into water. "I WANT MY BROTHER BACK!" She screamed at the top of her lungs to the unreplying sea. Her legs gave out as she plopped down on the sand and hugged her knees. Her tears kept coming like a running tap that wouldn't close and she just screamed again. She didn't care if anyone heard or looked, she just wanted her brother back.

It felt like a part of her just died, her other half in fact. And it was never coming back. Amaya had never asked for anything in her life, so when she needed something so badly, why did they have to go and take it away from her? She had only ever asked for one thing. Nothing else. And those assholes had to rip her life apart and rob the only thing that truly mattered the most. She could hear his last words "I'm sorry" echo in her mind, and she muttered in her trembling voice, "you idiot." 64 days. She kept holding on to that small hope for a long torturous 64 days.

She needed to stop crying, and she needed to look for Kaira. Kaira ran off somewhere before the Games ended and Amaya had to break it to her. But the tears won't stop flowing, her shoulders won't stop jerking up and down as she sniffled loudly, and her hands won't stop trembling, begging to feel for her brother close to her once again. She hasn't slept for days, since she was either baking or in front of the screen, but she didn't want to sleep. She didn't want to wake up having hope that it was all a dream and that he'd be there stealing her milk again. And then walking to his room to have her hopes dashed again.

Amaya let the waves crash into her though she refused to budge. Her feet sunk into the sand while the waves pulled back, dragging away some sand as well. "Why couldn't it be him?" she asked the salty air but the waves only replied with a crash. The beach was fairly silent other than the waves and her sniffling. She was glad for that though, she hasn't cried for so long and neither had she cried in front of anyone before. Anyone but her brother. Mint had scurried along the beach to find his owner sitting there and he tugged onto her shirt before climbing onto her shoulders. He rubbed on her wet cheeks soothingly as it let out a soft whine which only made her sob even harder, knowing that she wasn't the only one feeling broken. She knew that Kaira would've been in a worst state than her and she needed to be there for her little sister. She needed to be there for her mother as well. Their mother. Suddenly, Amaya felt bad to have just left her mum back at home, but she really needed some time alone.

The tears threatened to pour more than before as she thought back on how much he suffered, seeing him scream at hallucinations, shoot with a numb arm and broken ribs, lose Megan, lose Genevieve, and the worst of all was seeing him cry and smile right at the very end. Her heart ached to see his smile once more, the one that was seldom but could fix anything. It may even fixed how broken she was right now. She felt sick to think somewhere else in District 5, the people were celebrating while everywhere else, the people were all mourning. This was how the rest felt when Hunter won last year. When the whole of District 4 was celebrating, while everyone else were down in the dumps. "I'm never watching this nightmare ever again," Amaya solemnly swore as her hand clutched onto a handful of sand and threw it into the sea before dropping her head on her knees to quietly let it all out until it stopped.

"It was only just the other day that all this felt so real,
Like nothing could go wrong.
It was like a never ending dream,
Nothing ever changed,
For so long.
But now you've gone away,
And I've tried turnin' the page,
And it's just not the same.

But I'm breathing in,
And I'm breathing out,
I'm wide awake but I can't hear a sound.
Though I'm breathing in,
I can't think about,
Another you, another me, another now."
- Another Now, Kate Alexa
Back to top Go down
Augsp
Teddy Bear Fanatic
Augsp

Female Posts : 339
Birthday : 2000-08-30

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I've only ever asked for one thing Left_bar_bleue0/150I've only ever asked for one thing Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)
Character Name:: Megan Shard
Alliance:: Careers

PostSubject: Re: I've only ever asked for one thing   I've only ever asked for one thing Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 10:07 am

Kaira stood in the wet sand with the water lapping at her bare feet. Her heart was numb.
Skye
Her legs buckled and she sat right in the sand, ruining her skirt.
“SKYE!”
she screamed in sherr pain.
All those days.....whasted to nothing.
“WHY?”
It tore her heart. She could hear doors opening, windows sliding open. People whispering, gazing at the agonized sisters. She cried uncontrollably and emded up lyinhg in the sand.
“why.....”
the tears wet the sand.she could feel a soft, furry thing crawl into her arms and she hugged it tightly, as if it were to be poor Skye's life.
“I need you, Skye. You need to be here. You...”
she choaked up and sobbed harder.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I've only ever asked for one thing Left_bar_bleue150/150I've only ever asked for one thing Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: I've only ever asked for one thing   I've only ever asked for one thing Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 12:56 pm

I've only ever asked for one thing Tumblr_m8cvltGlye1rtk3wt

Amaya let out a trembling sigh and her heart ached again. She heard him sigh so many times during the games. And she sounded so much like him. Why did she have to be his twin? Everything she does would remind her of him. Even just looking into the mirror. She don't know if she could live like this, being constantly haunted by it all. But even so, she had to live by side with the never ending torture. It really was all over. Amaya gave up ranting to the sea that would only listen. She felt so lost without him by her side. Her head shot up when she heard a scream beside her and saw her a little sister screaming for her older brother. Amaya could feel the tears welling up in her eyes again but she wiped her tear stained face and managed half a smile to Kaira. From afar she could even hear some murmurs of sorrow and condolences, but none of it mattered. It couldn't change reality and bring him back.

"Come here..." Amaya coaxed as she lifted Kaira to sit up and brushed the sand off her before pulling her sister into an embrace. She pushed back the painful lump in her throat and stop herself from crying again as she rubbed Kaira's back up and down. Letting her cry it all out. She kissed the top of Kaira's head, like how Skye would to Amaya, and pulled her in tighter, hearing the uneven sobs coming under her. Amaya couldn't bring herself to say that everything will be okay. Because it wasn't. Nothing was right anymore and she could only comfort Kaira in silence. She couldn't remember what's it like to not be tired anymore. She closed her eyes and listened to her sister as she murmured out so much angst and for once, Amaya didn't know what to say to her.
Back to top Go down
Augsp
Teddy Bear Fanatic
Augsp

Female Posts : 339
Birthday : 2000-08-30

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I've only ever asked for one thing Left_bar_bleue0/150I've only ever asked for one thing Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)
Character Name:: Megan Shard
Alliance:: Careers

PostSubject: Re: I've only ever asked for one thing   I've only ever asked for one thing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 8:37 am

Kaira was so limp, so lifeless, that she seemed like a zombie. The tears kept rolling down, and a mangled scream was coming out of her mouth, but other than that, nothing mattered to Kaira Walker. She blacked out instantly.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I've only ever asked for one thing   I've only ever asked for one thing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:26 pm

I've only ever asked for one thing Tumblr_m8cvn94sjZ1rtk3wt

Amaya felt her sister fall limp as she fainted again. She wasn't really surprised anymore and she just carried her and laid her down on the sand, further away from the waves. She pushed back Kaira's hair and kissed her on her forehead before sitting back down to where she was before, staring back blankly at the sea. Amaya rested her cheek on her knees and her eyes looked soulless for a few seconds before she let the tears that she held back out again. This time, it was more of a silent cry without much struggling as her fingers played with the sand mindlessly. The same question ran through her mind over and over again, what was she going to do now? Obviously she didn't want to do anything but just let herself drift along. But Skye would want her to at least think for their family. Without her brother, their income was cut by more then half and Amaya realised that she would have to take over her brother's job. Great, even more things to just torture her of memories of her dear brother. But today, she'll stop worrying for now and let herself mourn over him. Just one day. The waves weren't the only salt water that drenched her arms and legs as she let out a few sniffs, wanting for him to just kiss her on her head again and say, "Surprise, I'm still here, stupid." She started to hum out a tune with whatever was left of her voice. The tune that made his loss not worthless. It was their tune, their familiar song when he played it during his interview. Amaya raked her trembling fingers through her hair while her shoulders started to shake again, wanting to hear his soothing voice once more.

Amaya sat there all day and night until Dawn broke before she forced herself up to face reality. Life had to go on and she couldn't do this every day. She edged closer to the water and slapped some on her messy face, looking out at the horizon where the sun was peeping put already. She carried her sleeping Kaira back home and looked for her mother whom she knew couldn't be doing any better than them. Once she was done baking, she'd head towards the boats to take over her brother's job and let the torture begin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've only ever asked for one thing   I've only ever asked for one thing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've only ever asked for one thing
Page 1 of 1