The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open] Left_bar_bleue150/150Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open] Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open]   Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
---District 2---Male---16---

Samuel Yorke, or Sam as pretty much everyone called him, walked along on that nice day through one of the trails here on the mountains that surrounded District 2. He didn't necessarily want to hike that day but he knew he didn't want to be anywhere near the rest of the district right now. Everyone moved so fast, yet so slow after the end of the last games and most people were in celebration over their new victor. Sam though felt indifferent and robbed a little. No one could blame him though, he did lose his brother after all. Anders made it far, but then he did something that even now still baffled Sam and the other citizens in District 2, he gave up his life basically for Astrid's. He threw himself willingly down a cliff so Frank would be injured in the next fight. Sam stayed up for nights, after it happened just wondering why. Why would he do that? Why was coming home to his brother suddenly put on the back burner for her? Why in those last moments did he force Sam to look away? All these thoughts kept Sam both up at night and now in the training center. It was the only way his anger was kept under control.

Lots of things had changed in Sam Yorke's life over the, last few months. The more obvious one being that his brother was dead and he had to lay him to rest. It was tradition for the Yorke's to burn the bodies of dead relatives and so exactly that was done when Anders' body was returned to them. The two Yorke men then were left to grieve, though not much mourning had been done as Sam's father immediately drowned himself in work and Sam went to the training center for the first time in his life. He knew a few things that Anders had shown him when they were younger but Sam's interest in it before was not high. Now though he longed to go there, to get out of the shack that was filled with little reminders of his brother. The carvings each of them made on the walls of their small bedroom, and the poor excuse for a mattress that was dirty and old that the two brothers both knew was the worst of the two that was set up in the room but Anders insisted on taking that now sat unoccupied every night. Yea, things had definitely changed for Sam and he didn't like it at all.

People treated Sam differently too. He at first tried to pretend that it was all just in his head, but as time went on he noticed more and more the looks of pity on peoples' faces and the tone of their voices that suggested they felt bad for him. Which was, why he was now alone on these mountain trails. No one could look down on him now while he was out here and no one could give him those looks of pity. This was the perfect place to try and escape his troubles. And he hoped that he would be able to accomplish just that, an escape from his troubles.

Last edited by Ari on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open] Left_bar_bleue150/150Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open] Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open]   Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:18 pm

Andrew Epsilon

As Andrew wandered the trails, still chuckling at how he threw that pie into the home of the couple who were smooching, he came upon a lone boy. Well, not a boy per say, he was at least 15, maybe older. He looked a bit down, and Andrew wasn't one to back down from a situation like this. He walked right up to the guy, a smile already on his face. "Hey there" he said, "You need some company?" he asked, being all approachable.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open]   Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 8:39 pm

Sam turned as a voice came from behind him and he turned to face a boy who looked a little bit older then him. He didn't recall seeing him around before but he may have and just never really paid attention. People were a blur nowadays as it seemed everyone seemed to want to talk to him to give them their condolences and what not. He really wasn't interested in that nor was he interested in having people feel sorry for him either. Sam had really hoped for some peace and quiet. That's why he picked the trails, he assumed people would be too busy in the district to make time for a nice hike and these trails stayed pretty empty most times too. So this new arrival just made him sigh internally. So much for some time to think to myself. Sam just shrugged not really sure of what else to do as he was always told to be polite. "I'm not really doing anything exciting." Sam didn't know what else to say and he didn't really flash a smile to match the guy in front of him. Instead he just stood there kind of awkwardly.

Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open]   Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 8:48 pm

Andrew Epsilon

Andrew looked at the kid for a second, and recognized him as that tribute's brother from the last games. He decided not to say anything though, better to let the kid play the anonymous card. "Well that's because you're just standing around all alone" he said informatively. He stepped a little bit closer to the guy so he didn't have to speak as loud. "You seem a bit down and all, everything okay?" knowing what was wrong, really, Andrew already had a few things in mind to tell him if he did say what was going on for him. It was all up to Sam.

Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open]   Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:17 am

Sam had a feeling that he knew what was coming. Though he didn't out right say, 'hey you look like Anders' brother,' he had a feeling it was coming. People recognized him now. He had interviews done and all that stuff, Anders talked about him in his interview and after a tribute makes it to the final 8 they always came by to meet the families and get interviews with them. Sam was no exception to this rule and when the crews came to District 2 and split themselves basically between Astoria and him they made sure to ask every question imaginable. Now everyone knew him around the district and it had gotten to be a pain in his rear. He couldn't really hide and he always got the looks cast towards him. Sam looked over to the boy who now stood near him and asked why he looked so down, but Sam had a feeling he knew even if he didn't out right say he did. Everyone knew why Sam Yorke was upset and it wasn't really that much of a secret. He glanced down for a moment then looked over to the guy near him now. "Alright, go on. Let's just get this over with. You can say you feel sorry for me or whatever now, lets just not drag it on." Sam said everything so bluntly with hardly any emotion. He learned to just shut it out when it came to Anders even though he knew the wound caused by his death was still fresh.

Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open]   Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:06 am

Andrew Epsilon

Andrew shrugged at the boy's words, "Why should I feel sorry for you? Your brother died in the Games, boohoo, happens to twenty three families each year, either one or two of which happen to be in this district each time. If I were to feel sorry for you losing your brother, I'd have to go feel sorry for Rafe Terrn's family for losing the stone headed Flint, and go give my condolences to the Cross family because their daughter Lenina died, when really, they aren't that affected, they knew the odds of her winning" he spoke firmly.

"Having your family member die in the games isn't anything special, so why should I bother treating you special? I asked why you felt down, and you tried to scold me for being kind to you." he shook his head at the boy, Sam Yorke. "Think about it kid, you don't want people to treat you like you're special, but if someone comes up just to have a conversation, you insult them because you expect to be treated like you're special. Stop expecting everyone to pity you, and maybe they'll stop doing it" He'd almost the want to just walk away, but he still felt like he could cheer the guy up some. He just had to get certain things into his apparently thick head first.

Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open]   Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 2:53 pm

Sam knew this kid had a point. This was something he told himself everyday yet it never seemed to help. It was just brought up again and again by people who meant well but really just made it worse by making Sam think about it again. But now he was getting scolded for something like a child, which in his mind he was not, though right now in this moment he may have acted a little like one. Either way he didn't say anything back about it. Instead he just clenched is jaw the way he always did when someone tried to give him advice that he might not necessarily agree with. It wasn't that he wanted to feel special, but people pushed that on him even when he resisted. And resisting made it worse so now he just let it happen and drowned out what they said, it was just easier that way. Easier then letting the anger hit him like it was starting to do now as he was being lectured. This was just like when Anders' was alive, lecturing him and saying that the things he was doing wasn't right and this kid he just met didn't have the right to step into that role. Not right now.

"Yea, whatever. Thanks." Sam sounded ungrateful and most times he would have tried not to or made an effort to try and sound respectful but not right now. Right now Sam just needed to walk away as his mind just seemed clouded. He turned and walked down towards a path one that looked like it hadn't seen use anytime recently that walked up against a smaller hill that went down about 6 or so feet. It could have been deeper then that but he knew it wasn't a long drop but still pretty steep that if you fell down it you would need a little help getting back up. He walked a few feet then turned his head slightly as he looked to see if that kid was still there behind him or if he had just left him there on those trails, probably mad that Sam was being somewhat of a moody jerk. His turned gaze though caused him more trouble though as exactly as he went to look back forward his leg caught against an exposed root and trapping his boot underneath it and causing him to fly forwards. He tried to correct himself but this only made things worse as it threw his body slightly sideways and now down the small incline that was next to him.

In one moment he was standing up and only a second or two later he disappeared downwards, his tall figure and long limbs flailing about as he tried to grab onto something to stop his fall but again this only made it worse and his arm hit against a rock and got caught behind him. The snap was immediately heard as it seemed to echo throughout the area around him. The pain took a moment to feel as Sam slowed to a stop at the bottom and with one last movement knocked up against the hard packed dirt below him. He laid there face first, looking up at the blue sky and the fluffy white clouds as the pain started to rush up his arm. Sam looked over to see his left arm looking twisted and wrong and knew right then that it must have been broken. At least it was only his arm, though it would make climb back up really difficult. He just waited there for a moment as a slight tear moved from the corner of his left eye as the pain shot through him. "Great..." he mumbled to himself, it just did not seem to be Samuel Yorke's day.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open]   Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carry on my Wayward Son... [Open]
Page 1 of 1