The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gotta get out [PRIVATE]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Left_bar_bleue150/150Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Empty
PostSubject: Gotta get out [PRIVATE]   Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 8:50 pm

Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Tumblr_m6pe2uQaxh1r0l7is
Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Karanamebanner
---District 6---Female---15---

Kara Fox quickly readied herself for the day and dressed herself in a flash. She knew she didn't want to be in the house that day, or well any day to be precise. But today she was feeling especially antsy and feeling the effects of cabin fever as she was stuck in her stuffy house for the last few days. The finishing touch to her outfit was a worn leather bag that she carried around with her everywhere for Roxin, her little white ferret which she has had for a pet for numerous years now. He was mischevious and liked to get out because just like her when she was stuck indoors for long she started to go crazy. But at least she didn't drive her stepmother crazy like Roxin seemed to do.

Kara rushed down the stairs and gave a quick goodbye wave to everyone and of course let them now she was leaving. The door shut behind her as she was gone in a flash down towards the upper district. She didn't know why exactly but she liked it there, even if it was the more "shady" part of town with all the illegal trade and everything. She never traded anything while she was there, but she just liked to wander around aimlessly to pass the time. Which was exactly what she planned on doing now, wandering aimlessly around as the rest of the day passed by her.

Last edited by Ari on Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Male Posts : 45

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Left_bar_bleue0/150Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)
Character Name:: Nathaniel Dabrowski
Alliance:: None

PostSubject: Re: Gotta get out [PRIVATE]   Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Nathaniel Dabrowski was upset. Earlier that morning he had been in an argument with his folks about the previous day's behavior. Nate had decided to avoid a family get together by remaining in his room. When his grandmother demanded to see him, Nate had flung the door open and used a few choice words to get her to leave. This of course frustrated his parents, but Nate felt rather proud of himself. His grandmother was stubborn and so defeating her gave him a glowing feeling of accomplishment.

When he awoke this morning his parents were already downstairs debating on how to handle Nate's actions. When Nate wouldn't hear of it he ran back to his room, grabbed the home made rope ladder from under his bed, and dropped out his window, clutching his beanie and messenger bag along the way. It was a bit chilly, so Nate buttoned up his jacket and started galloping down the streets. Normally he wouldn't have done this completely alone, especially heading to the more questionable area of the district, but he felt more comfortable there then at home.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Left_bar_bleue150/150Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Gotta get out [PRIVATE]   Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 5:20 am

Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Tumblr_lpc2v9al1r1qiq7qgo1_500
---District 6---Female---16---

Kara kept walking, moving along as she tried to fill the time with something to just pass the time. Anything eventful would have been nice, but knowing this district that was probably not going to happen. Even here in the quote on quote shady parts there still weren't that many interesting happenings. The only things really interesting and new to see was what the various locals had to try and trade away for some extra coins or rations. Kara pulled her jacket closed as the chilly breeze hit against her and as she did the bag she wore across her shoulder rustled a little as her little white ferret scurried around in her bag. She stopped in her tracks and lifted up the flap to see he was now curled up in a little bundle in the pack and not doing much of anything. She just grinned at the little bundle of white fluff and laughed quietly to herself. Kara wasn't paying much attention as she still kept her gaze down and moved forwards again. She felt the impact of her shoulder against someone and with the speed that he was going it pushed her to the side and threw her off of her path a little. "Hey! Watch where you're going!" Kara called out to the boy after he ran into her, he didn't look too intimidating so she didn't feel threatened by yelling out at him. Though she tended to not feel intimidated by people anyways if she felt threatened, she just got a little aggressive.

Back to top Go down
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Left_bar_bleue0/150Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)

PostSubject: Re: Gotta get out [PRIVATE]   Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 2:11 pm

Nate, in his frustration, barely noticed the girl in his path as he darted down the street. He misjudged the distance and clipped her shoulder with his. He would have kept going if it wasn't for the girl's choice to yell after him. Nate stopped in his tracks and turned around. Slightly out of breath he took a moment to inhale and followed her comment with his own response. "Seriously? You were in MY way!" Her sudden stern look gave Nate pause. The girl didn't look like someone to mess with. It wasn't her size, in fact she was quite small. Instead it was the attitude in her eyes that made Nate stumble over his words. "I mean.... yea, well sorry. Guess I didn't see you. They really need to widen these paths, you know? But I guess you could have maybe moved over a bit. Didn't you see that I was running? Maybe you didn't, but you could have heard it right? I don't know, maybe I was just that silent, know when I mean." He was rambling again.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Gotta get out [PRIVATE]   Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:58 am

Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Tumblr_m42scu2MTk1rtqnlwo1_500

Kara just raised her eyebrow a bit as he talked, rambling and stumbling over his words. Had she really intimidated him? Or maybe he just talked like that all the time? Well, he did look like a somewhat awkward fellow. She was used to acting a lot tougher then she might originally been so then she didn't get pushed around by anyone in the district who may see her as just a small girl who couldn't handle herself. "Moved over? You were the one who ran into me. Very rudely I might add. You obviously were looking straight ahead and may have noticed my gaze was down at the time. You could have easily moved." Kara just shook her head, trying not to sound too frustrated but knowing that she probably did and was probably failing at hiding anything. After a quick breath and a sigh she just brushed her shoulder off as if him knocking against it caused some sort of dust to get on her or something then continued to speak. This time more level headed then before. "I guess you need to watch where you are going before you run into small girls on the street. You could do serious damage to someone next time."

Back to top Go down
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Gotta get out [PRIVATE]   Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:21 am

Nate thought for a moment. Normally he would have tried another excuse to make himself look like the smart individual, but he knew that he would just go in circles with this girl. "Yeah, I guess you're right." He turned to walk away and started back in the direction he was headed. Hesitation struck him as he took the first few steps. He didn't really know where he was going after all. His feet had just started moving to get far away from home. What was his plan? Sure, he had a few fuses and a fan belt in his bag, but without his crew he didn't feel safe trying to trade them. What about this girl? It wasn't an everyday occurrence to see someone like her out on the streets alone. Maybe she knew something he didn't. He could always attach himself to her and find a couple of people dumb enough to trade more than what the items were worth. Even if she didn't know people he could possibly pawn them off to her. At the very least it gave him something to do. Spinning around on his heals, Nate blurted out the first thought on the tip of his tongue. "What are you doing out here anyway?"
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Gotta get out [PRIVATE]   Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Tumblr_lggthbdLaT1qewvt3o1_500

Kara moved along, turning away from this boy who ran into her. She took a few steps and lifted up the flap of her bag to make sure her companion was alright, which he was. He now looked wide awake though, but what with the quick jerk from her and then the yelling what more could she expect. She sighed quickly as she kept walking slowly away, relieved and thankful that Roxin nor her pack had gotten thrown from her side during the impact. Roxin was Kara's little buddy and it would have been very unfortunate if something were to happen to him while they were out and about. She tucked the flap down and pat against the side of the bag as she continued on her way in the direction she was originally going before she was run into. A voice made her stop though as the familiar sound was directed to her and she knew it. She turned her head as the guy asked her what she was doing. "Well, my dad always told me to never talk to strangers, especially about personal things." Kara smirked a little bit, knowing that even if her father ever did say something like that she had broken that rule a long time ago. Plus, strangers were just friends you hadn't met yet. "I'm actually just trying to kill some time and not be in the house. I'm not looking to trade if that's what you are looking for." She looked down at his bag that he had over his shoulder, thinking there was a pretty good chance there was something in it that he was looking to try and get rid of. If that was the case he picked the wrong person to try and trade with as she never did trading here and she had nothing on her anyways besides a small white ferret.

Back to top Go down
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Gotta get out [PRIVATE]   Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 9:26 pm

Nate could feel his face turn red as the girl stated her case about trading. Had he been that obvious? Was he slipping in his lies? Sheepishly he slung his bag back over his shoulder and fixed his posture. "Trade? No, no, nothing like that. I'm, uh, just trying to get out of the house too. Ya know, get some fresh air and all. Seemed like a good time for a walk. Weather is pretty good and no one is really out to bug you. Have you ever noticed that when you want to be alone people never seem to let you be?" Nate's eyes widened. He just called himself out and he didn't even catch it in time. Quickly he ran through topics in his brain. Nothing of much interest. Then his eyes darted to her bag. She had checked it when he ran into her and then again a moment ago. What was so important? Perhaps she had something of value. She didn't want to trade with him but maybe she was going to trade with someone else. "It couldn't hurt to inquire," Nate thought to himself. After all, things couldn't get any worse, unless the girl turned violent. But Nate didn't feel that. He was getting an inquisitive (and sarcastic) vibe from the girl. Nate spoke more measured this time. "So... your bag okay?"
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Gotta get out [PRIVATE]   Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 3:03 am

Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Tumblr_m42scu2MTk1rtqnlwo1_500

Kara just smirked when this kid spoke about the fact that people always seemed to find you and bug you when you wanted to be alone. It was pretty true and it was obviously kind of happening right now. "Yea...pretty funny how that happens, huh?" Her voice still had the clear tone of sarcasm in it with each word that left her mouth. Kara looked down at her bag as the kid asked her how her bag was, obviously catching on to the occasional glances she had cast on and into her bag. She wondered if she should mention her ferret but for now she decided to just keep it quiet, plus he tended to make himself known without her help most times. "Yea, my bag is ok. No damage or anything so you don't have to worry too much after running into me....So...there must be something pretty good in your bag if you think its worth trying to trade in this part of the district." Kara's curiosity got the best of her as she blurted out the last bit. She was more inquisitive and curious about things and had no problems just straight out asking what she wanted to know. It was one of her more redeeming qualities she thought.

Back to top Go down
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Gotta get out [PRIVATE]   Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:57 pm

Nate was a bit surprised by the girl's blunt question about what he had. He thought for a bit about whether to tell her, but in the end the few things he had weren't worth a whole lot so even if she was playing him for a fool he wouldn't loose out on too much. Plus he needed something to do for the day, and if he could make a profit, then why not! "Yeah, it's some pretty cool stuff. I've got some fuses and a fan belt in here. It's worth a pretty good trade. I mean, I know you said you weren't interested, but here's an idea for you. How about we split it? If you know anybody who wants it or if you want to help me trade these things then I'll give you half of what they trade. Besides you're out here on your own, might be better if there's two of us. What do you say?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gotta get out [PRIVATE]   Gotta get out [PRIVATE] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gotta get out [PRIVATE]
Page 1 of 1