The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Waiting for Nothing [O P E N]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hannibal

Hannibal

Female Posts : 159
Birthday : 1999-05-24

Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Empty
PostSubject: Waiting for Nothing [O P E N]   Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:21 pm

Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Drew_m10Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Drew_m11
|Drew Minenot|16|District 12|
|The|Girl|With|The|Confused|Family|

Spoiler:

“You mess with anything I care about, you mess with me. Watch your back.”

One thing I knew for sure.

* Today was meaningless

My father had come home early, still, without enough money. Then David and Commet came. Nothing.

I had watched them come home, and I ran out to collect the money. I had frowned at my father with only a coin, and my brother I scowled. Did they expect me to do everthing?

"Drew!" yelled Whipple, my little brother, from the house. I sighed as he ran up. "Any money?"

I handed Whipple the coin, and told him to bring it to mom. He also frowned, but it didn't last. Whipples frowns never last.

"Fine. I'm going to scavenge. Pray for anything," I said to my brothers bitterly, for my father had retreated to the house to see to mother. My brothers only nodded, but David gave my a small wink. It was better than nothing.

I took my small bag, slung it over my shoulder, and took my black knife, shoved it in my boot. Just in case. Took my hair, put in in a side braid over my left shoulder.

First stop was an unknown house. They were all unknown to me. I didn't care who lived there, nor did I want to. Get business done, put food on the table, nothing more than that.

I knocked on the door softly. I tried to get a meaningless expression on my face. Heck, I didn't try, it was laready there.
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Female Posts : 1194
Birthday : 1997-08-21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Left_bar_bleue150/150Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name:: Nixon Harley
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Nothing [O P E N]   Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:05 pm

I opened the door. A pretty girl was before me. "Can I um.... Can I help you?" I said. I didn't invite her inside quite yet. Tyler would come and flirt with her, and I honestly didn't want to waste this girl's time.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal

Hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Nothing [O P E N]   Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:11 pm

Spoiler:

"Yes," I said, looking at the small boy in front of me. Me looked about 12, maybe 13. "Do you have any food you could spare for my family?" I asked, trying to put on a pretty little smile.

I had been trying to work on being sweeter to people I was begging from, but it was hard. I succeded this time, making myself look better with a nice smile. It was terrible, but we needed food.
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Left_bar_bleue150/150Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Nothing [O P E N]   Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:16 pm

I looked at her with the cute but sad,and puppy eyed looke that I had been working on. "I wish. But if you want I think I know where to find some food." I grabbed my special pouch with the code of poisonous foods and non-poisonous foods on it. "Would you like to come?" I said, tying the knot on top and closing the pouch.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal

Hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Nothing [O P E N]   Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:21 pm

Spoiler:

I gave him a genuine smile, not some fake sweet smile. I did have a soft spot for little boys. "Absolutly," I said, rearanging my bag on my shoulder. I looked in the door for a moment, and asked the boy, "Won't your folks be worried about you?"
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Nothing [O P E N]   Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:28 pm

I smile. "I do this all the time." I step out and close the door behind me. "So what's your name? I'm Zero Colters. My brother was chosen at the reaping but his friend Jim volenteered. That ring a bell?" I start walking to the meadow, picking up edible roots, plants, and nuts on the way there. "I'm 13."
Back to top Go down
Hannibal

Hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Nothing [O P E N]   Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Spoiler:

I laughed a short, cold laugh, and looked at him, cocking my head. "No. I never pay attention to the reapings. Unless someone I care about gets picked, it's a waste of my time," I said. "And my name is Drew Minenot, and I'm sixteen." I take some plants from the ground gingerly, and stuff my bag with them. My family won't be too happy, but it's still food.
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Nothing [O P E N]   Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:42 pm

"Thanks." I mumbled. When she started to take a plant I touched her bag. "Don't take that! It'll kill you in minutes. Here. I picked a few editable plants and gave them to her. Finally, we got to the meadow. "Isn't it beautiful?" I say, taking in the view. Then I go over to some tress a few minutes away and climb them. I take the eggs away from the nests in trees and examine them to make sure they're okay to eat.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal

Hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Nothing [O P E N]   Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:17 pm

Spoiler:

I sat down, and leaned against a tree. "Yeah," I breathed. I closed my eyes, letting a soft smile spread on my lips. The slight breeze was blowing back a few stray hairs from my braid, and I inhaled the crisp, late afternoon air.
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Nothing [O P E N]   Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:22 pm

"I love it here." I came back and gave Drew some of the roots I picked up. "These are my favorite. They're my favorite kind of root. It's called a potato. They only grow in this climate. If you cook them well over a fire, they taste great. You can still eat them raw though." The potato was very big and thick.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal

Hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Nothing [O P E N]   Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:03 pm

Spoiler:

I wanted to chuckle, and tell him that I knew what a potato was, but I could tell he loved gathering, so all I said was, "Thanks." I grabbed it from him, and put it in my bag. I knew what a potato was, but I didn't get many of them. In fact, all I usually got was wild onions and katniss. Well, whatever, as long as it was food, I'd take it.
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Nothing [O P E N]   Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:31 pm

I went and picked a few more potatoes. Then I saw another type of root. I picked some and walked up to Drew. "This is a carrot. This is another one of my favorite roots. Before you eat it though, skin the outside of it. Then it's great to eat."
Back to top Go down
Hannibal

Hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Nothing [O P E N]   Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Spoiler:

I smiled, and took it from him. I also knew what a carrot was, but again, I kept to myself. But if he kept doing that, I was going to burst. I put it in my bag, and looked out at the sky.
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Nothing [O P E N]   Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:50 pm

Then I found a real treat. Pumpkins. I took two heavy ones and walked over to Drew. I set them on the ground. "These are pumpkins. Before you can eat them, you have to take out the insides. But they are very good."
Back to top Go down
Hannibal

Hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Nothing [O P E N]   Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:55 pm

Spoiler:

At this point, I was pinching myself. Zero couldn't see, and I was glad. Was this kid trying to make me yell at him? I took one pumpkin, and put in my bag. "Thanks a ton," I said through gritted teeth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Nothing [O P E N]   Waiting for Nothing [O P E N] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waiting for Nothing [O P E N]
Page 1 of 1