The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Empty
PostSubject: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:40 pm

Miri sat on her porch, biting her nails. Scarlett, her cousin and best friend, had not yet come by her house, and Miri was worried about Scarlett's infant sibling, who was not in the best of health. If Scarlett's not here, then is she at home? Should I go looking for her? If I do, what if she comes back here while I'm gone? I guess I just have to wait... She was nervous, as Flutter, her pet hummingbird, knew, so he comforted her by poking her face lightly with his beak. "Yes, Flutter, I am aware you want food. I am also aware of the fact that you are getting rather chubby, and do not currently need nourishment," she teased. The hummingbird didn't openly react, but Miri could swear the pecks were getting more frequent and more painful. She waved a hand around her face. "Flutter, stop it. Go suck on a flower like a wild hummingbird," she complained, plucking him out of the air and carrying him over to a bright-colored flower. "There. Drink nectar. Have a pleasant snack." Flutter dive-bombed the flower and slurped up as much nectar as possible. After that, he went right back to pecking at Miri's head, ignoring all of the other flowers of the exact same type around him. Miri laughed. "Well, you cheered me up, but you're still a pest," she said, and carried her pet over to another flower, smiling.

Last edited by RainyCat on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Female Posts : 723
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Left_bar_bleue135/150The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)
Character Name:: Sebastian Sommer
Alliance:: Anti-Careers

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 5:52 pm

The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Christieburke
"Protect those that you love. If you don't, than who else will be there to love you back?"

I work hard every day of my life
I work till I ache my bones
At the end I take home my hard earned pay all on my own -
I get down on my knees
And I start to pray
Till the tears run down from my eyes
Lord - somebody - somebody
Can anybody find me - somebody to love?

Azalea was walking her twin younger siblings, Heather and Glen, home from school.
"I'm sorry Luca died, Azalea." Heather said, clinging to Azalea's arm.
"Yea! I'm sorry I called him mean. He wasn't mean, really." Glen said, putting on a brave face. Azalea tried to smile for them.
"Don't worry about it, you too." She said.
Azalea, Glen, and Heather passed one of their neighbor's houses that lived right down the rode from them.
"WOW! Look, it's a hummingbird!" Heather said, and the two rushed over right into the yard to see it.
A... hummingbird? At this time of the year? Isn't it a little early for them? Azalea thought, before going after the twins.
"Heather, Glen, you know better then to run into someone else's yard! Look, I'm real sorry, Miss..." Azalea said right before glaring at the twins.

Everyday - I try and I try and I try -
But everybody wants to put me down
They say I'm goin' crazy
They say I got a lot of water in my brain
Got no common sense
I got nobody left to believe
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down
http://divergentcity.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:40 pm

Miri frowned, but she didn't look angry, just cautious. The kids look harmless enough, I mean, it isn't like Flutter would let them touch him anyway, but...
She glanced at the girl in front of her.
"...Ms. Silverbell, and it's fine. I'm Miri. Now who are you, exactly?" she questioned, her voice sharp and her tone unrelenting. Miri was pretty sure she sounded a little rude, but she didn't care.
It's not my fault I don't get all buddy-buddy with people the first time I meet them. I bet she doesn't trust me either. She's probably just better at hiding it. But if we both know that the other is a little suspicious, what's the point of lying?

"Sorry, do I know you?"
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Left_bar_bleue135/150The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:02 am

"Protect those that you love. If you don't, than who else will be there to love you back?"

I get down on my knees
And I start to pray

I'm glad that I take these two home and not Nalin. Nalin would have her neck if she said that to him.
Azalea shook her head, guiding the twins to stand behind her.
"No, you probably don't know me. I'm Azalea, this is Heather, and this is Glen. We live right down the road from here." Azalea said, suprised that she didn't know her name. All of Panem probably knew her name-and that was all thanks to Luca.
"Look, I'm really sorry. These two," She glances behind her and the twins give Azalea a hopeful look. "Have no manners.

They say I'm goin' crazy
Got no common sense
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:42 pm

Miri blinked, caught off guard. "Oh, you're- oooohhh. Azalea. Right. Well, I... erm... I guess.... hm. Sorry about your, um, friend. Boyfriend? Gah, I apologize, none of my business."
Her eyes narrowed at the mention of the children. "It's fine with me, but- oh! I should warn you..." she trailed off and turned to the kids. "Flutter is not the nicest fellow, especially to anyone he doesn't know. There's a very high chance he might peck you, so be careful."

As if Miri were a prophet and not just knowledgeable about the tendencies of her pet hummingbird, Flutter zoomed high up in the air and dive-bombed the children, poking one of them lightly with his beak, then soaring upwards and pricking the other. Miri winced, even though she knew it wasn't likely to cause them much pain, even if Flutter aimed correctly and actually made contact with their flesh, whcih she hadn't bothered to check.

"Oh, darn it, I'm sorry- Flutter! It's not polite to stab people when you first meet them, especially when it isn't another hummingbird. They're not going to 'steal your territory' or anything! Honestly,"
she scolded, shaking a pointed finger at the tiny, hyperactive, extremely territorial bird. Whether he didn't understand what Miri was saying or was just ignoring her, Flutter continued to attack the children, although he was very gentle, and missed a lot of the time.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 5:44 pm

I get down on my knees
And I start to pray

"He wasn't my um-never mind." Azalea was a little glad that the girl was a little more friendly.
"Oh! Glen, Heather! Shoo, hummingbird!" She said, trying to shoo the bird away so it would stop pecking at the twins. Glen and Heather held their hands up to their face in defense.
"Oh, oh I'm sorry! I couldn't let that hummingbird hurt my little brother and sister..." The girl, Miri, was probably going to be real mad, now.

They say I'm goin' crazy
Got no common sense
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Left_bar_bleue150/150The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance:: None

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:29 pm

Scarlett ran up to Miri's house, out of breath, her black cat, Angel, trailing close behind her. "Sorry i'm late, Miri, Olive got a cough last night and I wanted to make sure it wasn't a major problem. She's okay, I just put her to bed." Then she noticed a girl and two children that she didn't recognize, and smiled shyly. "Hi, I'm Scarlett, Miri's cousin. What's your name?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:43 pm

Miri shooed Flutter away from the twins and carried him over to a flower, which he immediately began drinking from. Glad her hummingbird had ceased his insistent pecking, Miri grinned when she saw her cousin arrive. "Hey Scarlett. It's fine. I'm glad Olive's okay. This is Azalea," she said, and introduced the two, even though she didn't really know Azalea very well at all herself.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Left_bar_bleue150/150The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:12 pm

By the time Scarlett got to Miri's door, she was out of breath. Angel shot beneath Scarlett, almost tripping her, and ran off to play with the twins. "Nice to meet you, Azalea." She stuck out her hand and gave a big smile.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 5:51 pm

I get down on my knees
And I start to pray

Azalea smiled as a little cat came over to play with Glen and Heather. She was a little glad that the twins could have something to occupy themselves with. They loved cats.
"Oh, it's nice to meet you, too, Scarlett! That's a very pretty name, if I do say so myself."
When Azalea was alone, she thought that if she ever had children, then she would name them Scarlett or something like that. But Azalea didn't want to have children as long as she lived in District 9. The chance that her children just might be killed in the hunger games scared her.

They say I'm goin' crazy
Got no common sense
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah

Last edited by Poppy Pip on Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:17 pm

(Just a note- Angel's a cat, if that's who you meant by the little girl. XD I know this because I found the picture of Angel for Hyacinth, so.... yeah. Just a hopefully helpful comment.)

Flutter got bored of the twins, greeted Angel with a taunting peck on the head, and flitted over to examine Azalea. He twirled around her head for a while until Miri snatched him out of the air and set him back on the flowers, which he took to immediately. "Sorry," she apologized.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Scarlett gave a disapproving look to Flutter and Angel, they were always causing trouble. "Thank you, my dad's favorite flower was always the Scarlet Carnation. Well Miri and I were just going to make some dinner. You're welcome to stay over, isn't she Miri?" Scarlett said, giving her a sharp look. Miri didn't always take kindly to newcomers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:54 pm

Miri raised an eyebrow and gritted her teeth. "Oh, she is, is she?" Miri hissed, but after a few minutes, she relented. "Of course she is..." she muttered, and forced a smile. "Come on in, and make sure to wash you hands if you want to help."
Miri pulled open the door to her house and waited expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:25 pm

:.:.:Oops, I'll fix that!!! :.:.:

I get down on my knees
And I start to pray

Azalea felt a little bit like an outsider.
"Oh, no, it's okay. I don't have to-I've got to get home and help these two with their homework and then I've got to make dinner for my older brother. He'll be home in about..."
Azalea looked up at the sky, squinting her eyes.
"He'll be home shortly, and he'll be really tired and grouchy. He probably wouldn't like it if I wasn't home when he got there." Azalea said. It wasn't that she didn't like her brother, Nalin. No, she simply felt sorry for him. He worked a lot to support himself and three other people, but he didn't get paid much.
"We should really get going."

They say I'm goin' crazy
Got no common sense
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:41 pm

"Are you sure? We really wouldn't mind, it would actually be a delight." Scarlett said, feeling bad that Miri had scared away their new friend. Not many people came over for dinner, especially since Olive was born. It's not really Miri's fault though, she can't help it that she's not the most trusting of people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:37 pm

Miri sighed. She could tell Scarlett was upset about Azalea not being able to stay for dinner. She turned to face Azalea. "Are you sure? We really would be delighted if you could stay. There are never very many guests around here... I suppose you could help make dinner here and then take some back to your older brother. We have enough, right?" she offered, feeling guilty, and glancing over at Scarlett to double-check her proposition.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:03 pm

I get down on my knees
And I start to pray

Azalea thought for a moment.
"Well, I suppose Nalin could come over here for a little...okay, fine. I can stay, but not for to long. You've never seen mad until you've seen my older brother mad." She laughed, remembering all the times her mother had yelled at Nalin to fix his temper. He had always had one, and would probably always will.

They say I'm goin' crazy
Got no common sense
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:24 pm

Miri smiled. "Great! Come on inside," she welcomed, not so untrusting now that Azalea had made a good first impression on her. She pulled open the door by the handle and waited for Scarlett and Azalea to come in. "Your brother Nalin seems like a rather angry fellow... oh, you can tell those kids to come inside too, unless you'd rather they go home or stay out here. It find either way, just let me know!" she chirped, in a good mood for once.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 6:30 pm

I get down on my knees
And I start to pray

Azalea looked back at the twins, who were sitting in Miri's yard playing a game that they had made up. She smiled, and stepped into the house.
"Oh, Nalin isn't that bad. He's actually really sweat. But, he works way to hard and doesn't get paid much. He's had to help support himself, plus me, and our little brother and sister for quite some time now. I can make a little extra money on the side as a healer, I know a lot of different healing plants from my mom. But, all that work is stressful on a nineteen-year-old." She said, spilling her secrets, realizing it a little to late.
"Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to ramble on like that."

They say I'm goin' crazy
Got no common sense
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 7:53 pm

Miri shrugged. "That's okay. It's not a problem," she said casually, and lead the way to the kitchen, then went back and fetched Flutter. She plopped him on top of their hummingbird feeder, went back inside to the sound of him slurping happily, and doused her hands quickly with water before cooking. "What should we make? Scarlett? What do you think? Azalea?
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:42 pm

Scarlett followed Miri and Azalea into the house, gesturing for Angel to follow her. "Hmmm, how about we make our famous spaghetti surprise? Yes I think that will do. Okay, Miri, will you grab the pot, and Azalea I'll show you how to work the stove." Scarlett always took charge in the kitchen, without being bossy of course. (sarcasm)
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 8:58 am

I get down on my knees
And I start to pray

"Oh," Azalea began. "I've probably got the same stove at home. All the houses probably have the same stove, I probably know how to work it."
Azalea knew that it wasn't very polite to tell someone that they already knew something, especially in their own home...but Scarlet was Miri's cousin, so this wasn't her home. It was Miri's.
"But uh, how do you make 'spaghetti surprise'? Is it any different from regular spaghetti?"

They say I'm goin' crazy
Got no common sense
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Miri grinned, one eyebrow raised. "Ever had spaghetti with peanut butter baked into a pie steamed with buttermilk? No?" she asked, keeping a straight face and not waiting for Azalea to answer, because, honestly, who would eat that? Miri leaned in closer and whispered. "Neither have I, because that's disgusting."

She stepped back, grabbed a pot, and filled it with water. "No, spaghetti surprise is essentially just spaghetti with some extra spices and whatever we have around the house that would work mixed in. It's not really famous, either," she explained with a scolding glance at Scarlett.

"First we make the pasta, but take it out a little early so it has a bit of a crunch. Then, we take tomatoes and smush them to death with a rock. Well, in a stone bowl, of course. Otherwise it'd get everywhere, and, like- sorry, nevermind. Whatever. Okay, so, then we mix in a bunch of spices like cilantro and sweet basil and stuff and mix everything together. Finally, we grab whatever we have, whether is be meat, corn, seeds, nuts, peppers, leaves, fruit, etc. and bake everything so it squishes together. To eat, you just cut out individual pieces and put it on some sort of plate, which is a lot easier than scooping up individual noodles, I can tell you. Did I miss anything, Scarlett? I know last time I forgot something..."
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 6:03 pm

"No, that's about it. I'll go out to the garden and get the tomatoes and other herbs. I'll be right back." Scarlett said, as she took a bowl out of the cupboard and opened the door. " Oh, and don't make a mess Miri." Last time they made this, there was tomato guts everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 5:03 pm

I get down on my knees
And I start to pray

Azalea nodded.
"That sounds good." She said, smiling. Then, Scarlet went into the garden to get tomatoes and other herbs.
"What do you want me to do?" Azalea said, trying not to get in the way, but still help at the same time.

They say I'm goin' crazy
Got no common sense
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...   The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Silverbell Household: Waiting for my cousin...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next