The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Have your cake and eat some things too

Go down 
+3
Phoenix
Matti
Cowvus
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue150/150Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 3:25 pm

I turned the fox meat over the fire, staring at the flames that licked up towards our food. "Somehow I don't think we're lucky enough to avoid it." I muttered, gripping my spear nervously. I was definitely not ready to fight again, the wounds from the fox's were still fresh, and I was beyond hungry now. Why couldn't the Gamemakers afford us one friggin break? Was that too much to ask for?
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue150/150Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 7:27 pm

the sound didn't seem to be going towards them, and the tremors were still there but small as if they were moving away from their area. Something was there, but its attention seemed to be on a further part of the island.

Last edited by Ari on Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1/1Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 8:18 pm

Somehow, I don't think this is the time for jokes. A troll? Really? Sure, there was stupid crazy stuff in the Games, but this Arena didn't seem like it would hold the weird stuff. Rotating my food, I focus back on the flames. He is right about one thing; whatever it is, it sounds distracted. And distant. "Or maybe someone out there likes us," I mutter as the tremors seem to fade. It could be a trick, but I feel like not moving. Especially when we're in such a good setup. Only an idiot would leave this when the threat at least seemed to be disappearing.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:58 am

Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 BwTEbUx
Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Tumblr_mtehaunhHK1qmoz1zo2_250

"..Or it could've been big foot," Derald shrugged and grinned one last time before dropping still on quiet. He stayed silent for a little longer, not daring to reply any of them at all as he just occasionally poked at the fire, the end of the stick burning to crisp. His fingers curled over it tightly, he didn't dare believe that the tremors were going further away. It took everything in him to drop the stick back down and look up to the tree line. Only then did he realise that he stopped breathing for awhile, sucking in a huge breath when he began to relax. "Well, for whatever reason, I'm just gonna be glad we ain't it's dinner tonight." Voice still low and quiet, Derald pulled the fox meat towards him, seeing if the meat was cooked enough to eat before tossing it back out there within the flames. As nice as the warm fire is, who knows how long it'll take before the troll temors are done with their business out there and come for them here. Fire usually keeps animals away but Derald doubt that anything that big making tremors would be scared of a puny flame. He huddled closer to the fire, turning his stick of meat a couple of times before checking if it's cooked again. "Guess we can't be keeping the fire for too long, or we might invite some big company to join us for the campfire sing along," Derald sighed, still pinching at the hot stick of meat.

Derald's Items:
- 1 Knife, Dusk, naming his weapons cause he's coolz like that.
- 1 wooden tap in his tight pants
- 1 pair of bloody shirt, pants and boots with hideous colour sense
- 1 bag to hold stuff. Except the tap.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:00 pm

I frowned at the meat cooking on our sticks. "Think it's done yet?" I asked, sighing. The longer we kept this fire going, the worse our situation could get, and the last thing we needed was other tributes finding us. "I don't feel like keeping this fire going any longer than needed. Whatever is out there could notice it." I added, frowning at the flames.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 11:47 pm

The meat now looked nice and well cooked, unfortunately the fire was small so it took a little longer then if there was a roaring fire. But at least they had food. In the distance the boys could hear a little bit of a commotion but it was almost inaudible.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1/1Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 4:49 pm

Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Tumblr_mi6hpzxQ9l1reqilvo2_250
I do another rotation with the meat, slowly. It's more to inspect it, make sure it's cooked. "Looks good to me," I say, pulling my meal away from the flames. I look at it for a moment. How was I supposed to eat it one-handed? Well, using your face seemed to work. "Never thought I'd be doing this," I mutter, then I take a bite straight from the stick. This is how others behaved, not me. But the food tasted splendid, and my stomach was telling me to devour it already. I shake my head at myself. What was wrong with me?
I'd almost forgotten about the noises in the distance when a faint commotion reaches my ears. "Guess Bigfoot's started his dinner party," I say. Looking back to the fire, I see it's already started to run low. But it could attract attention. I take a few more bites of the food, grimacing at how I must look. Swallow. "We aren't gonna get much else out of it. Too bad we can't save all that fox."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 10:29 am

Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Tumblr_m24kf7Q5IT1qcjsty

Derald peeled open the meat to see it white and cooked, letting out the brightest smile all these days, "Well would ya look at that." Actual food never looked so good and he murmured a thanks to that miracle before pulling off the meat and stuffing it in his mouth, not really paying attention to how Xavy was reacting before he ate. The hunger took over and it seems as if that was all the mattered for the brief moment until a decent amount settled it down. This was when he turned to the other two and grinned. He got up on his knees and moved towards the fire, batting it out, bare body whining for it to be kept alive. "Ya did good there flame, but it's lights out time, and let's hope Bigfoot's still busy to have noticed this," he said, amused that Xavy kinda went along with the bigfoot thing. Well it'll be nice to at least give that thing a name without calling it just the thing.

Derald made sure it was totally out and no more smoke was emitted from the charred wood and coal. He then sat back down to make a couple more selfish bites. Sure he should be saving a little bit more but the one thought changed his mind for a few more nibbles - when will they ever be given a chance to have the time to even eat again? Derald saved a couple of the meat that was easy to eat, picking off the ribs and the middle section for now instead. As Xavy talked about the leftovers, Derald stopped chewing to look behind at the rest of the uncooked foxes, kinda guilty for even gutting them out. He went to bring them a little closer, "Ain't nothin' is useless around here. They could be good bait, or distraction." He pulled the 6 skins from under the raw meat and looked to the rest, pushing a couple to each of them. He wasn't sure if they'd be staying here any longer but packing is always good. Holding onto his stick of meat, he took one last bite, and stopped, the back of his mind still nagging at him to continue cause this may be his last chance to taste that again.

Derald's Items:
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 4:10 pm

As the boys were enjoying their meal, suddenly the tremors started coming towards them...rapidly. with hardly anytime for them to react an arm shoots down and grabs Marty, lifting him up and swallowing him whole in one fail swoop. As Xav and Derald look up they see a giant that looks all too familiar with the same brown mop of hair as a boy they only recently parted ways with. On its face was a large smile and the cannon sounded.

((Inactivity kill))
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 7:27 pm

Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Tumblr_md0nrc1Uw11r3ixbb
I straighten up to my normal height as Derald snuffs out the fire, still holding on to my stick'o'meat.  "I mean it won't stay cookable much longer,"  I mutter, as if he was actually listening.  I take a second to stretch my legs, then go to pick up my share of the remaining fox meat Derald's so carefully preparing.  That's when I hear something approaching.  I turn just in time to see... where did Marty go?  "Holy..." I'm backing away even before I recognize the giant creature's face.  Robert.  He's eating Marty.  What even... I drop my cooked meat, grab a package of raw stuff, and hurl it in the opposite direction. Distraction, I hope.  Then, as best I can, I pick up my stick-meat and the other fox skins and start running.  "Come on!" I snap in a whisper to Derald, hoping the thing won't notice us if it's chasing the fox meat decoy.

Xavy has left the area~
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:15 pm

Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Tumblr_m9p2aucCdy1ruu3q6

Derald was trying to figure out how to pack to couple of things into the bag. He wrapped his share of raw meat with a skin, nesting it onto the clothes inside. And of course, bad things happen. All of the sudden the tremors were back, as if they really were just hiccuping earthquakes, and its at a 9. The sunlight was blocked out and the trees snapped but Derald didn't dare look up at all. He froze where he was and only looked up when Marty was lift up onto the air. You couldn't even hear him scream before he was gone. It was this hideous thing that looked like it needed a makeover, but never mine fashion sense now, they had to run. Derald's legs trembled, stuck there until Xavy egged him on to go, leaving the area first. He took whatever raw meat that had to be left behind and threw it in the same direction Xavy threw his. "On the house, big fella!" Derald cupped his mouth as he shouted, smiling at the thing as he skipped a few steps away from it before bursting into a sprint after Xavy.

Derald has left the buffet

Derald's Items:
-1 set of raw fox meat and skin
-meager among of cooked meat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have your cake and eat some things too
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5