The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Have your cake and eat some things too

Go down 
+3
Phoenix
Matti
Cowvus
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Phoenix
Phoenix

Male Posts : 921
Birthday : 1999-09-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue10/150Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)
Character Name:: Leon Holt
Alliance:: N/A

Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 7:08 pm

Rob laughed. He laughed so much it was almost maniacal. He was looking at his wounds however, not anyone else. He put a finger to the blood and grinned. "Blood...heh...shame. Didn't think I'd see you so soon." He saw the knife from both tributes come towards him, but he wasn't entirely sure he cared anymore. He felt the same knife dig into his arms which made him laugh even harder. He grasped his spear in both hands. He knew this was his last chance. One more hit and he was going to die after this...he wasn't even sure if the attack would even work. One last crazy attempt. For revenge. Rob swatted Xavier's sword away, grinning. He brought his spear back and charged the twelve boy aiming for anywhere above his neck. His arms were shaking so he was pretty sure he was going to miss. But he was already dead. May as well try tp take someone down to hell with him.

Attack to Xav
Back to top Go down
Dicemaster
The Computer Account
The Computer Account
Dicemaster

Birthday : 2011-03-05

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue250000000000/250000000000Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (250000000000/250000000000)
Character Name:: Dicemaster
Alliance:: None

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 7:08 pm

The member 'JonSnowDHS' has done the following action : ROLL

'Specialty' :
Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Specialtyweaponsuccess
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue150/150Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 9:08 pm

Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 BwTEbUx
Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Tumblr_m24kix8fMp1qcjsty

Derald kept quite as he let the blood curling laughter take over the conversation. He thought that if he listened in any longer, he was gonna go crazy with Rob. He caught back the knive, gripping it tight before running straight up at Rob. Just shut your pile hole already, Derald was starting to get annoyed. It never happens. But he never really faced a person laughing like a crazy crown before either. He swung the knife from his side, slitting right towards Rob  as Derald charged at him. When he stumbled back a bit his head snapped to the sound where he heard a huge crash, just to see a large tree crashing like 20 feet away from them. But the laughter drowned away everything else. "Hang tight Maddie!" Derald shouted, not even sure if he was right, that Maddie may still be there since he last saw her disappear. All attention went back to the body soon losing all sanity and soul. But just as he turn back he saw that thing charge at Xavy, he should've never turned to the tree at all. He needs to go, quick. Derald wondered what kind of torture his mind is just throwing at Rob himself, all he knows that it ain't pretty dandelions and all. He tossed back the knive to 9, one last time, finish it off to put him outta the misery.

Derald's Items:
- 1 Knife, Dusk, naming his weapons cause he's coolz like that.
- 1 wooden tap in his tight pants

Chiiyoko carried out 1 launched of one Attack(Other) :
Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Arrow-19
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue150/150Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 9:39 pm

I moved back towards Rob as Ten went for an attack, grabbing the knife as he tossed it over quickly, following up on the others' attacks. The guy could brag all he wanted about his training, but he wasn't surviving a three on one. He was barely keeping on his feet at this point. I threw the knife swiftly back at Ten, grinning. "The big bad career couldn't handle a few higher district kids, huh?"

Loki carried out 1 launched of one Attack(9) :
Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Arrow-12
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:37 pm

Madelyn's calls seem not to be heard by the boys in the fight really and it seems she is now all alone on the other side. There are no branches on this part of the tree as it is right towards the middle. If she went down another few meters she would probably reach some. Rob now sees an opening, but as he turns to run the knife that Derald used to push towards him hits and kills him. The cannon fires signifying his death and the three boys are now left no worse for wear. Except Xav. After Rob's last attack it looks like the pointed end of the spear just missed his throat but still hit against his shoulder, cutting him enough to hit a nerve or something and making it hard to use his right arm.

Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/1Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:52 pm

Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Tumblr_mbwqwxahXy1qax5cvo1_250
I miss him this time, but that's just about what saves me. I over-compensate, causing myself to lean a bit, just as a spear goes for my throat. It still pierces my flesh, though, and it's more painful then the fox bites. I drop to the ground, not wanting to injure myself further. I can sense the others move around me, and I know Robert's gone. Good. But my sword arm is mostly useless. I sit up, get back on my feet. My weapon is held loosely in my grip, and it hurts to hold on to it. I can't exactly see my shoulder, because turning my neck hurts too. "I think...it's dislocated or my nerve's severed or something," I say, looking to the other two guys for help. If they would help me.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Male Posts : 921
Birthday : 1999-09-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue10/150Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)
Character Name:: Leon Holt
Alliance:: N/A

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 11:48 pm

Robert noticed his spear go into twelve's shoulder and began to smile...until he felt the knife being plunged into his chest. That seemed to knock him out of his crazy frenzy. He sank to his knees and looked up at the boy from nine who called him a career. He smiled and chuckled. "None of you understand, do you? I suppose I should start from the beginning...clear my head before I die...you see, we all have a drive to win. Family. Friends. Any loved ones really...but careers...they fight for glory and money." Rob spit blood on the ground, which ended up with him in a fit of coughing, gobs of blood coming out of his mouth and on the ground. He supported himself with one hand, and then pushed himself back to his knees. "That's what set me a part from them...I didn't train...I never wanted the glory, never asked for this. I just fished the days away. I would go down to the beach, take my spear and fish...that's how I got good with a spear. I had to support myself and my little brother. I began to watch the games more and more though...and realized the possibility of me going in. So I started to practice throwing knives. But that was it. Just spear and knives...before I even knew it I was reaped to go into the games. I had to think of a strategy, so I went with arrogance. A personality to win the Capitol over...that didn't work out in my favor. In all reality, I never planned on winning. Why should you believe me though? These could just be the ramblings of a dead man. But I'm telling you now...there's no reason for me to lie to any of you now that I'm practically dead..."

He chuckled with quickly turned into another fit of coughing, and realized it was getting harder to breathe. "Well...just know that you killed someone who would've died for you anyway...and I'll see you all in hell. For no matter what you believe, if heaven and hell exist, none of us are going to even. Why the fuck would god ever kick it with us?" He laughed and coughed again, more blood coming out. He looked between all of them and then used the last of his strength in his right arm to throw the spear to the kid from nine. After he did so, his arms went limp to his side and he felt himself beginning to fall over. No...he wouldn't die face down in the dirt. He grunted and had his body move to the side a little and got himself on his back as he fell. His eyes lingered on the tribute from nine and he smiled a sad smile. "Don't waste my gift to you..." His eyes panned over to Derald. "You too...the knife...make sure you go down with it in your hand if you go down at all." And finally, he looked to Alexavier from twelve. "And as for my present to you...I'm sorry...we all make mistakes when we go into a fury...in a different life, we may have been friends...in a different life, maybe I wouldn't have been a jerk to all of you...but this is our life. And all three of you will join me dead at some point. Whether it be hell or a dull void...you'll see more of me." And with that, he closed his eyes, hearing the cannon fire and death wash over him. But before he was gone, he managed to mouth two words.

"Good luck..."

R.I.P
Robert Lenford

You deserved better than what I gave you. I made you a complete asshole when in reality, you were just trying to help others. You shouldn't have gotten this fate, not this early. But at least you die with a conscious mind. Goodbye Rob...and I wish you had much better gifs.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 12:38 pm

Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Tumblr_mq18uyykpE1r032zxo2_250

Derald's attack pushed Rob onto his knees, blood still dripping from the knife as he watched. It was disgusting, but he was more disgusted by the fact that he didn't feel much. It was sickening how he felt worst for the animals and humans. Derald really did need to interact with people more. He turned to Xavy as he heard him soon after, spear driving into his shoulder before it fell onto the ground, along with it's victim. Xavy mentioned dislocation or something, immediately standing up. Derald ran over and pushed the big guy back down by his good shoulder, pulling the weapon out of his tensed fingers, "Woah, alright feisty pants, ya get yer ass back down there." He bent to see the flesh wound, so deep it looked like it bit on the bone as well. He dealt with animals before it can't be too much difference with humans... right?

Derald turned around as he heard Rob babble on about how he wasn't like the rest when 9 called him a career. He knew that Fours were different. He had seen every Four in the past games. But from the moment he first came up to them to show off, he destroyed any good image Derald had of Fours. He wasn't too sure about them anymore. Then again, this was a dying man, what more grudges could they really hold against him? Derald smiled as Rob turned to him, "You betcha I won't be goin' down any time soon. I'll keep this fella close whether it likes it or not." He paused for a moment as he let him talk it out until he went quiet. "Sorry pal," Derald muttered, leaving one more second to stare at the lifeless body before turning his attention back to Xavy. He -unbelievably- gently lifted his shoulder to look at how bad it was, pulling off the hideous pink shirt from around the wound. "Ain't gonna lie, it looks ugly, alright." Derald said, lifting his arm from the front to see if his shoulder was dislocated or something. It was still so mobile so it wasn't gonna be as easy as popping back a shoulder. He rubbed the forearm with his thumb, trying to see if he felt anything or loosen up any tensed muscles, "Can you flex your hands?" Nerves could easily been damaged by that, remembering once a Four tribute had lost any feeling in his arm to even pull the bow right. Plants plants plants, what did Uncle Darrin used to deal with the serious injuries for the animals? Derald had the slightest idea. His knowledge about plants were as small as a nutmeg, but even that nutmeg could be some use somewhere. Nerves weren't anything he could do about, but open wounds were.

Derald placed Xavy's arm back down without talking much as he went closer to the pond, cupping a handful of water to wash the wound. He then pulled off Robs blood soaked shirt, feeling so horrible like he was stealing form the poor, tearing of the edge that was still clean to make a good dressing. Wrapping it around his shoulder and under his arm, that was all they could do. Derald looked to the wound then the Xavy, shrugging helplessly, "It ain't gonna heal anything any time soon, but at least we could clean it and stop the bleedin'." Derald stood up, looking towards 9, expecting him to pick up a weapon of his own. It was the worst time for introductions but Derald still did it anyways, Gorilla Guy 9 was getting too long of a name to think about every time, "Name's Derald." He glanced around their surroundings, not totally convinced that they were left alone. Also, Maddie wasn't around and now how were they even going to find her? Things weren't exactly looking up but hey, they still got foxes.

Derald's Items:
- 1 bloody shirt with hideous colour sense
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Male Posts : 1104
Birthday : 2001-05-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 4:43 pm

Maddie knew it wasn't of use trying to call for help. There were no sticks for her to use, not even a twig. She heard voices, then a cannon. The girl kind of got excited, hoping it was Rob. Maybe it was, but she couldn't know. She paced around, hoping one of her magic ideas would somehow pop up again. She stared at the tall sets of trees in front of her. They were too loud to scream to. Plus the boys were far away for her to call. She was about to shriek out, hoping it would get their attention. It was too risky though. With her only having four arrows right now, she was toast. She shrugged, looking back. Maybe it was a good idea to go back to the other areas. The boys would find her. Hopefully. She started to take the walk back. The girl needed food, very soon. "If you guys can hear me, I'll be off somewhere! Come soon! Bye! I still want to team though." She announced. The girl walked back a bit, but then looked back. "Stay safe." She quietly whispered to the air. The girl didn't know where she was venturing to..

Madelyn Fosters has left, for now.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 7:20 pm

I watched the doomed attempt to escape by Rob with a sour expression. As beneficial as it was to have him offed, he was still human, and he was dead now. I walked over to his body and grabbed the spear out of his stiff hands, grimacing. I hefted the weapon uneasily, not liking the feel of the spear. The knife had been much better, but at least this one I could keep. The ten guy introduced himself and I allowed for a small smile on my face. "Marty. Pleasure to have not been the object of this massacre." I responded wryly, glancing down at the limp remains again.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 5:25 pm

The echoing sounds of a hovercraft began to be heard from above the boys. It appeared that they were waiting for the tributes to clear before taking up Rob's limp body.

((AlsoRob's color was yellow Razz))
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/1Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 6:33 pm

"It's my shoulder, not me foot," I growl, but let Derald push me back onto the ground. Then there's Rob, rambling on with his dying breaths. Some present. That's about the only thing I really get from him. The pain in my shoulder is a little more important. "Feels ugly," I say to Derald as he starts helping me. I wish I could do it myself, but I have absolutely no experience. Sucks. I try to move my hand, but all I get is a slight twitch and a lot of pain. I grit my teeth. "I'll say no to that." But he's already off doing something. And then back again. "Thanks anyway," is about all I can say once my arm's been bandaged. I sit for a moment, let the two still living people exchange names, then get to my feet, using one hand. God, that's hard. After a few seconds of trying to move my arm and elbow with no luck, I grab my sword with my left hand and shove it into my belt. No use trying to use it with my left hand. But I have a shield. Last games, a guy survived mostly on a shield.
"Call me Xavier," I toss in to the introductions. It's angled more at Derald, but whatever. That's about when I hear a hovercraft above us. "Looks like they want us out of here. Think the other side of this pond will do?" I move towards the foxes, even though I probably can't carry them now. We'd have to take them, but it's best to have water nearby when they're cleaned. Great.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:07 am

Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Tumblr_mp2rcl6XEp1r032zxo3_250

Derald sighed out loud for the first time, the fatigue was setting in. He just really wanted to sit down and eat something and sleep. Sleep sounds like the best thing ever, next to getting out of here alive. "Guess yer gonna hafta learn to work with lefty over there," Derald nodded his head towards Xavy's good hand while he got up, cautiously watching in case he slipped and cracked the other shoulder. He wanted to help him up but if they really can't do anything to fix it, best learn to live with it. Derald chuckled as he finally knew Marty's name and replied, "Well, we'll never know when we could just die like that. Guess we're all thankful for just livin' another day." He went over to Rob one more time, pulling off the pants and boots that looked just as tacky as the top, slinging them over his shoulders, feeling less bad about the pants off Rob. Derald pulled out the bag as well to dump everything inside for now. They'll get out of here first before deciding 'bout their fashion. As Xavy introduced himself as well Derald grinned back, face reverting to his old self almost instantly, "Aw, y'know ya like to be called Xavy." He went back to looking around the area, mind still uncertain but decided to find a way to the other side. He took a quick look up into the sky to the noisy hovercraft as it blocked out the sunlight.

"Sheesh, and here I thought the Games were over and they were gonna bring us up for a nice after party," Derald joked as he did a little wave with the hideous yellow pants in his hand to the hovercraft. "Yeah, guess we should try to move towards there, prolly try and get a quick fire going, cook that meat and leave no crumb trails at night for others to find us." He pointed towards a direction that could probably bring them around, suggesting to cook the foxes before their meat gets rotten. Derald turned to see Xavy going towards the six foxes and he went over to help carry them, shrugging as he laughed, "See? Told ya you'd need my help someday for those foxes." He then headed towards the direction to make it to the other end of the pond, out of sight of the hovercraft from above, taking short pauses to see if they were following. Derald doesn't really know what's Marty gonna do, stab them in the back, strangle them while they sleep, steal all the food. But right now, he really really, really just wants a break. 5 minutes, he swear that that's all he needed. A good 5 minutes.

Derald's Items:
- 1 pair of bloody shirt, pants and boots with hideous colour sense
- 1 bag to hold stuff. Except the tap.

((Yellow was a hideous colour to Derald Razz))
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:50 pm

I followed closer to the pond wordlessly. I didn't feel like I'd have any say in this group anyways, and besides. I didn't particularly want to get to know either of them, it'd just make things harder for all of us in the future. For now, I was just happy to have a weapon of my own, even if it was a stupid spear. Not exactly what I want. It was better than my fists though.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:14 pm

The hovercraft grabs Rob's body one it is satisfied that the three boys are far enough away and then zooms off in the direction of thegiant wall that they can see the top of when looking up at the tree line.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:27 pm

No, I don't like to be called Xavy. I almost tell him to call me Xav if he likes nicknames so much. But no. That's my name in Twelve, not here.
Feeling pretty much useless, I let Derald grab the foxes, rolling my eyes at his comment. Walk along the pond. As soon as we're far enough away, the hovercraft does its thing. I can'thelp but to watch it. Fly away. Over a wall? How'd we not notice that? Whatever, that isn't a pressing matter. Our position seems to be satisfying, so I squat done and take a few one-handed sips from the pond. That. Is. Hard. When I turn back to the group, I'm thinking of food. "Okay...we need a fire...and someone needs to start stripping that fox meat. I would do that but..." My right had was my slicing hand. I can't do much one-handed anyway. Instead, I take a few steps away from the pond, looking for dry wood, sticks, something.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 5:04 am

Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Tumblr_inline_mq6d9rpFtC1qz4rgp

Derald stopped at a point that seemed to be a good area to rest; a couple of trees with a good vision for a few meters. He looked up just in time to see the hovercraft fly away, disappearing behind a giant grey wall. Strange.. Derald shrugged to himself, leaving that at the back of his mind for now. He set the foxes down as he scanned the area once more, making sure they were alone for now. Xavy seemed settled for this place as well while the plan for food started. He stared at Xavy then at his numbed hand, shrugging as he bent down to the foxes, "I could try and, y'know, not destroy our only food." He chuckled, laying the first one on its back as he went to the pond and wash his knife and hands before going back to skin it. Sure he's done it before, once in a while as Darrin made him learn how to because some buyers back at 10 wanted the animals they sold killed, skinned and cleaned. But it wasn't any easier than 4 years ago. And now he had 6 to skin and clean. Getting the head and feet off, he finally got the skin loose and started gutting it out, keeping the edible organs; the heart, the liver and the kidneys. He kept the meat and edible organs on top of the skin as it laid fur down on the ground. Making sure it was all a-okay, he moved on to the next. One down, five to go. He repeated the same actions and same procedures, just keep going, don't look at its face. He doesn't know if he could handle looking at their dead expressions, but he was thankful for the food they could have. When he was finally done with every one of them, he stood up, knees and heels crying from the soreness of kneeling down for quite a while. His eyes searched for the others, curious to see how they were doing. "Meat's all good here. I think. How's the fire goin'?" He went around washing his hands and knife again, getting up to see if they needed any help. Also hoping that Xavy would help see if the skinning was okay since he seems to actually know more about it.

Derald's Items:
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 6:08 pm

I nodded at the idea of a fire and set off quietly into the woods, grabbing any sticks and branches I could find. I kept a watch on my surroundings as I worked, examining the area around us in the forest. It didn't seem particularly hostile, right now at least. I took the branches I'd gathered back to the others and set them down in a small pile. Then took out a match and lit it swiftly, lighting the leaves on the branches and watching the fire slowly spread to the wood itself. It wasn't a big fire, not by a long shot, but it was fire. That would do for now.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 11:49 pm

The small branches that were around provided enough fire to cook at least 2 or 3 of the foxes, but wouldn't last for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 2:52 am

I gather as many sticks as my one hand allows. Not much at all really. But I make a pile next to the fire anyway. By the time I've gotten a good pile together, the fire's already lit and ready to go. Great. Useless. I let out a sigh and pick a sharp, sturdy-looking stick from my pile. I go over to where Derald's set out the meat and find a smaller pile. Whatever's fastest to cook with a single hand. But first, I take a second to look at the carcasses; thankfully, they were done pretty well. Dad wouldn't be proud, but it was edible.
I stoop down and use the sharp end of the stick to stab through the meat, trying to get as much on as possible. Once the stick's full, I stretch back out to my full height. Back to the fire. "Shish-kabob, anyone?" I say as I start roasting the meat. At least there's something I can do.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 5:03 am

Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Tumblr_inline_mkv12i1pAm1qz4rgp

Derald smiled as the kindle lit up, not very big, but hey, a spark was all they needed. Derald went around to search for a couple more sticks to add to the pile, picking up sticks, slicing of branches with his knife. He plopped the things to could keep the fire going before getting something as kindles; picking up a couple of dried leaves and shaving off some bark. But there weren't much resources seeing by the lack of abundance in trees around here and he wasn't willing to go too far out, remembering what happened to Maddie. He came back with a miserable handful and set them down near the fire as Marty tended to it. Looking over to the foxes, Xavy was trying to get them on sticks. "I can understand the foxes, but what did those sticks ever do to you?" Derald chuckled, seeing him getting one onto a stick. He went over to help, getting a few more on. "You can say that again," He replied to Xavy as he passed one stick to Marty, taking a seat by the fire as he took a long stick to poke at the fire, keeping it going. He held the foxes above it, leaning back on one arm, "I reckon that this'll prolly be the best meal we've ever gotten in our lives." When life and death mattered, anything good was the best thing one could ever ask for. Derald wasn't sure if they had the time to cook the rest of the foxes but at least they were getting some into their malnourished systems. He stared at the fire, just thinking about stuff as he watched the meat roast. "Ever wonder what's going on back in our districts?" Derald talked with processing anything, just saying his mind, creating some small talk while they waited for some proteins.

Derald's Items:
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:15 pm

I accepted the stick full of fox meat with a sigh and turned it over the fire, listening to the two talk. I could feel my stomach growling in anticipation of the much needed food, but hey, it would be better cooked than raw. Staying alert, I kept the habit of looking around occasionally to make sure no tributes or otherwise were sneaking up on us. We'd been seemingly alone before, but the fire might catch someone's attention. I laughed humorlessly at Derald's question, "Probably waiting for me to die so that they can stop watching."
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:46 pm

From the distance the three boys can hear what sounds like stomping amd then a very small tremor follows it. It seemes to be coming from much further in the forest.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 5:13 pm

I mainly just focus on the fire. Well, more like the stuff I'm cooking with it. If there's one thing I don't need to screw up, it's cooking. Especially right now. My stomach feels like it's trying to claw its way towards the meat before I'm even done roasting it. How long's it been since I last ate? Too long.
After a minute, I hear a laugh that doesn't seem too familiar. My eyes flick up from the flames. But it's just Marty. Then I realize Derald's talking about the districts. I seem to have completely tuned him out, thank goodness. The thought of twelve almost brings a smile. Actually, the ghost of one shows up. I'm just about to genuinely miss that place when I remember what I'm cooking. Fox meat. Vossa. Even if it wasn't her... how'd they get something just like her? Who else did they have that they could use against me? Rose? Will? Their power is unstoppable. I've seen the Games, what tributes go through, what their fa- What was that? Stomping? The earth seems to shake for a second. I glance over my shoulder, regret it instantly, and slowly turn my head back to the group. "Any idea what can do that?"
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:43 pm

Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Tumblr_m24kj4cJPA1qcjsty

Derald lolled his head to the side, "Aww, but life would be too boring to stop watching if you're dead." He smiled and let his eyes rest, almost falling asleep as they waited for their meal to cook. Sleeping would take their minds off their hunger pains at the moment. Until he could felt light tremors under them and the stompings from afar. Derald's eyes shot open as he slowly pushed himself to sit up right. He didn't dare talk anymore as they all fell silent, listening to the smallest thing, ready to bolt it if needed. His eyes scanned what they could without making sudden movements, willing the meat to cook faster. "A huge ass troll that wants to nibble at us? Or a hiccupin' earthquake." Derald threw out ridiculous guesses in a hushed voice. He turned back to their meat, turning it around to get the other side cooked. "Let's hope whatever that is, it gets distracted by something. This boy ain't givin' off too much smoke." Derald shrugged, lifting his head from their meal to the trees in the far distant, eyes lingering by the grey wall again. "Yet," He mumbled, picking up a long stick to move the coal around, the red glowed for a second before dropping back to its usual red.

Derald's Items:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have your cake and eat some things too   Have your cake and eat some things too - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have your cake and eat some things too
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next