The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My 3.6K word Short Story!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Male Posts : 1104
Birthday : 2001-05-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
My 3.6K word Short Story! Left_bar_bleue0/0My 3.6K word Short Story! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Character Name::
Alliance::

My 3.6K word Short Story! Empty
PostSubject: My 3.6K word Short Story!   My 3.6K word Short Story! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 7:20 pm

Today was the day, Clave Mattet was going to die. Why did these cruel people make people at age eighteen, sixteen people, and fight until fifteen of them died? It was just one of the traditions Northern Lampamania had. Grabbing two random people from each of the counties. But the worst part was, they never knew when.
Clave was only doing some jobs for his family when they saw him. They grabbed him by his shirt’s collar and took him away. Along with another girl, who he had no idea the name of. This was about the 400th time they’ve ever tried this. It was only to cut off population.
But now Clave was gone for three days. The people at the hotel he stayed at were very nice, only because they knew he’d probably die. Clave never attempted to interact with any of his competitors. They were just set out there, having to learn how to win by themselves.
People were also forced to watch, something Clave hated. Even the parents’ of the warriors. Nobody deserved to die. Nobody so innocent. China was one thousand times bigger than Lampamania.
Clave was finally prepared to go outside of his room. It was about breakfast time of the fourth day, and he was getting pretty hungry. Clave didn’t want room service again. He wanted the fresh bread, bacon, bagels, and bananas. The sun started to rise. Clave closed the shades and walked outside his room.
As he inched towards the elevator, Clave was getting a bad feeling. He was a bit outgoing, enough to talk to people. That’s when he heard.. laughing? From both directions. One way, two people, looking extremely similar, the other, a girl with long blonde hair. They were all going towards the same exact elevator.
“Hi! I’m Fawn. And that’s my brother, Hawk. He doesn’t talk. At all. Nobody really knows why.” The girl, known as Fawn said. Her brother waved. He felt so bad that if the two made it to the end, they’d kill each other.
“Oh, uh. I’m Clave.” Clave said, pushing the elevator’s buttons to floor one, hoping he did whatever he did correctly. Then Clave, Fawn, and Hawk stared at the other girl. She seemed so sad, tears in her eyes. She hasn’t introduced herself yet.
The girl was leaning against the wall of the elevator. You could see the tears drip and drop slowly down. Hawk, probably sensitive, put his hand on the girl’s shoulder. He knew was girls liked to do when they felt insecure. Lash out.
The girl exploded, “I’m Thread! I have seven brothers and two sisters at home! I need them! They need me! So I’m not going to act all lovey dovey just so you can take advantage of my emotions turds!” The other three in the elevator stared at each other, a little confused. “Look, I’m sorry, it’s what girls do!” Thread continued, sighing.
Clave examined the twins. Fawn had long brunette hair. Hawk, a bit similar, had short brown hair. They were both the same height, about 5”11. They were, as Clave always thought, were twins. Thread had long blonde hair, the same height as him. Both of them were 5”10. Clave shrugged as the door opened, he was adapting to the three people in the elevator. All four walked into the breakfast hall, none, besides twins Fawn and Hawk, sat together.
Now it was a day before the games, Clave was eating an English Muffin. In the corner. All alone. There were about ten of the fighters down in the hallway. There were Clave, Fawn, Hawk, Thread, Louize, two people named Joel and Wendy, and a few more people he didn’t know. All the people he’d have to kill in order to get out of the Bloodbath Games, alive.
After breakfast, Clave went immediately back up to his room. He didn’t bother to go upstairs, another encounter with more people was the last thing he wanted. He had a few siblings at home, who were both a little younger than him. He couldn’t let them down. Of course he had his mother to take care of them, but he was a serious role model.
As he sat on his bed in his room, Clave looked at the ceiling. Everything was falling apart in his life. His whole entire life. Down the drain, in blood.
By now it was nighttime. All Clave had done was stare.
All he did was sleep.
All he did was eat English Muffins.
Clave continued to stare at the ceiling. Why me? He always thought. Why did God put him to this test. The test he never wanted to take. Tomorrow, he was bound to die. The boy highly doubted he’d live, not even the first minute. Torture was not something Clave wanted to live through.
As the boy drifted off into a sleep, he had a spooky dream. His father had died in an extremely bad fire. Clave was in that fire, it was very scary. He never expected it. It happened so suddenly. This sudden moment scarred him for life.
But the most important party of the dream:
“I believe in you, Clavis. I do” His father spoke, just before he died. Clave woke up, frightened to see his father die once more.
“No!” He shouted as he awoke. Right through his eyelids, there was a dark light. He peeked one open a bit. Then two. His eyes were amazed. Not yet. Why now?
Right when the boy woke up, he was on some kindle of volcanic rock. It was moved by lava. In front of him was a huge statue, of something he hated. A phoenix! Clave feared these.
Next to him, and every other person, laid a pile of rocks, sharp ones. Probably how he’d have to kill. He picked up one, feeling its rough and jagged texture. He noticed that very few people picked up their rocks. One of those who did was thread. She had a long smirk on her face. Thread was probably the biggest threat.
“Let the Games, Begin!” Thread shouted, clapping her hands in one of the most fearsome ways imaginable. Moans and groans were the response to Thread’s opening statement.
When it was Clave’s turn to moan, everyone ran. Ruining his moment. A whistle blew, and everyone was now going after the most vulnerable person. So much fear. He heard feet coming closer to him. In his own defense, Clave jabbed his sharpened rock at the boy. His nametag read ‘Joel’
“Sorry kid, Joel. It was you or me. I’m planning on going home.” Clave said, giving a nod. A silver bag formed over the boy, along with two more. Three people were dead. Death was all around, blood too.
Clave’s eyes were now at Fawn and Hawk. They were fighting someone. Louize! Clave didn’t even bother to attempt to help or stop Louize. He didn’t know really what to do, help or help kill. Now she was near death. It was sad to see her go, but there wasn’t anything he could do besides fight.
“Die in a hole!” He heard Louize yell before she died. Fawn couldn’t help but giggle, while Hawk stood there. Something wasn’t right about that boy. He was.. lifeless! Was he acting or was he really dead. Fawn shrieked, chasing after a boy now. Clave ran over to Hawk, who now was on the ground. Clave hugged the lifeless boy. How could the boy die so quickly, with so much potential? Hawk’s body bag formed. Along with another. The boy Fawn had killed.
As Fawn returned, both her and Clave were crying. He felt sorrow. Fawn was such a good person, now her brother was dead. What did she ever do? Fawn squeezed Clave into a hug. “Lets kill!”
From that moment on, Clave was not the same. He was heart set on killing. But why? Honestly, not even Clave knew. Even though he killed Joel, that was one hundred percent in his own defense. Now there was no turning back. Both of them charged upto two people.
“Please!” The girl cried out.
“We have to live! Please!” The boy begged, on his knees.
“So do us.” Clave added, stabbing at the boy. The girl was in panic. The boy’s body bag began to form. The girl sobbed.
“Now, you’re dead too little girl!” The girl shouted, stabbing at Clave.
The girl’s rock hit right at Clave’s right thigh. He winced in pain, taking a few steps back. Now it was Fawn’s turn in the action. That girl, who stabbed at Clave, died seconds after Fawn took charge. Along with a brand new boy.
“Only a few more, Clave. Hang in there.” Fawn said, ripping a piece of cloth from her outfit. “Keep the cloth right on the wound. It will help keep the blood in. Less danger.” Clave nodded. He hid, while Fawn went out to fight.
Clave put pressure on his thigh wound. He heard very unfamiliar screams, two more body bags. But now, he heard a bird. Puzzled, Clave looked out. “No! No!”
The phoenix was now alive. It shrieked, grabbing a girl. It wasn’t Fawn, thank God. Clave couldn’t survive without her. However, there was one thing peculiar. No body bag was laid. Was the girl digested?
Now three people remained. Clave, hidden. Fawn, crazy and fighting. Thread, nowhere to be seen. Clave planned on letting the girl’s fight. If Thread survived, she would probably be weak. He could take care of Thread. But Thread, he’d let her kill him.
“Clave!” Fawn’s voice shouted. Clave smiled, as he saw another body bag, Fawn right nearby it. Clave was relieved. His best friend in the bloodbath games. How would they survive?
“Kill me.” Fawn said.
“Why?” Clave questioned.
“I have to take care of Hawk. You can and you will!” Fawn walked over to the edge of the molten rock.
“No!” Clave begged, grabbing her hand. He pressed his lips to hers. Then, there was rumbling. Earthquake.
“I love you Clave.” Fawn said, she pushed him away from the edge. She fell in.
“I’m coming with you!” Clave said, jumping in after her.
There was a long wait, people on the edge of their seats. Two bodies floating up, holding hands. Nobody saw, but the two warriors, their eyes, moved. A smile came on their face. A silver body bag formed. They were not dead.

Please feel free to post comments below!
Back to top Go down
Skyy

Skyy

Female Posts : 64
Birthday : 2003-06-15

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
My 3.6K word Short Story! Left_bar_bleue150/150My 3.6K word Short Story! Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Alliance:: None

PostSubject: Re: My 3.6K word Short Story!   My 3.6K word Short Story! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 7:26 pm

Awesome, but that's a short time for feelings of lurve to be developed ^^

I like it though Smile
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Male Posts : 1104
Birthday : 2001-05-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
My 3.6K word Short Story! Left_bar_bleue0/0My 3.6K word Short Story! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: My 3.6K word Short Story!   My 3.6K word Short Story! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 7:27 pm

What can I say, total Peeta and Katniss moment. Except they pretend to die.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 3.6K word Short Story!   My 3.6K word Short Story! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My 3.6K word Short Story!
Page 1 of 1