The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Waiting just like any other day.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
-Just Plain Crazy ;P

-Just Plain Crazy ;P

Female Posts : 10
Birthday : 1998-06-30

Waiting just like any other day. Empty
PostSubject: Waiting just like any other day.   Waiting just like any other day. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 11:57 pm

I stood and walked out of the house towards the Power Plants where my Father worked and soon I would be too. My sisters all three of them were at school, my mom was busy at work and I just got done feeding young Jay the bird and cleaning the house. I was let out early from school because I got into a scrap with the Biznip kid. Most of us at school called him Biz for short even though it wasn't his first name. The only reason we started fighting was because he called me a do gooder and said I did anything anyone told me and then he demanded I clean his shoes with MY SPIT.

Having walked quite a few ways down the path I was near the fence and could sense the powerful electricity that sizzled on its wires. I didn't look towards it. Not even once, and never will. I had nothing to do with the fence so why be curious? A smile curved my lips as I saw the buildings that made up the power plant rise above me. The man who checked for ID's new me as Charles son and let me in so I could wait it out for my dad. As usual the ID checker started snooping and asking me why I was out of school early. I looked up and told him the whole story. Hoping my da would get off work soon or someone could rescue me away from the ID checker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Waiting just like any other day.   Waiting just like any other day. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Evie skipped past the power plant, following her exuberant kitten, Turquoise. He had leaped off of her shoulder, wanting to play, and, while Evie knew he wouldn't run away, she wanted to keep an eye on him. "Turquoise! That's a wall! You can't run through it," she called to her cat, flinching as he almost ran straight into a wall, but propelled himself upwards at the last moment, bounding onto the top and frolicking along. She chased him up to the wall, then gave him a mother-type look until he jumped down. But Turquoise wasn't done having fun yet. Evie sighed. The hyper kitten charged through the doors of the power plant, bonking into things and knocking them over. She narrowed her eyes, knowing she probably wouldn't be allowed in, and turned to the authoritative-looking person talking to a boy who she figured she had probably seen before but didn't know the name of. "Excuse me?" she asked the man, "My cat ran inside, can I go get him?"
Back to top Go down
-Just Plain Crazy ;P

-Just Plain Crazy ;P

PostSubject: Re: Waiting just like any other day.   Waiting just like any other day. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Thank Panem! I thought silently as someone finally came along and before the ID checker could say anything I said, "Hey I could go in and help her find cat." I patted his shoulder and he shrugged, "Don't worry I'll make sure she doesn't wonder off or go somewhere shes not suppose to. Plus I'm suppose to start working here soon and I come here all the time. I'm trustworthy... right?" The man looked around and rubbed the back of his neck then nodded, "Fine. I guess so." Then his eyes turned stern on both of us, me and the girl. "But no fooling around in their and don't so much as TOUCH a thing or distract the workers. I don't want there to be another disaster like last week..." then he went off mumbling to himself. I raised an eyebrow and turned to the girl, "Well ummm... yea. My names Heath Savyon. I don't recall seeing you hang around here before. So lets go get your cat!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Waiting just like any other day.   Waiting just like any other day. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:46 am

Evie smiled, grateful for the help. "Hi, I'm Evie. Evie Northwood," she said pleasantly. "Yeah, I don't normally go this way. The cat, however, does not let me tell him where to go. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't even be saying MY cat. Turquoise owns himself. Oh, and thank you, by the way!" Evie was in a good mood today, because her kitten was happy and would soon be safe, so she made sure to be as polite as possible. She was still skipping along, even without her cat. They'd find him eventually.

Evie figured she should attempt to make conversation. "So, you told the guy outside you came here a lot, do you know someone who works here?"
Back to top Go down
-Just Plain Crazy ;P

-Just Plain Crazy ;P

PostSubject: Re: Waiting just like any other day.   Waiting just like any other day. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 5:37 pm

"Yeah as a matter of fact I do." I chuckled and looked around the inside, "I use to play in here and sneak in when I was younger. My dads worked here for as long as I've been alive plus some." I look towards her and smile, "So what are you doing way over on this side of the district if you normally dont walk by here?" I wondered if we would find Evie's cat soon. Hmm... Evie. That name seems... sorta. Familiar, in some strange way I have yet to figure out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Waiting just like any other day.   Waiting just like any other day. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:27 pm

Evie shrugged. "I normally walk around the District by my house and let my cat get some exercise, but he escaped today. One time he did that somewhere else, and I thought he was lost. He had figured I would go get him, so he was terrified when I didn't. A little girl found him gave him back the next day, and she said he had been upset to be alone, so I've let him run away from me sometimes. I always catch him in the end. He just happened to run this way," she ranted, and paused to breath without speaking for a minute. "Are there any high up, dry places that don't aren't too crowded that a cat might be hiding in around here?"

Suddenly, she noticed a dark shape move up by a window. "Quoisey!" she exclaimed with glee, chasing after the cat and muttering 'excuse me' to anyone she bumped into. Eventually, the kitten reached a dead end. He turned to face Evie, meowing loudly. She giggled. "Oh, Turquoise, you've got to stop doing that!" Evie scooped up her cat, thanked the boy who had helped her find him, waved goodbye, and skipped out of the building with Turquoise in her loving arms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting just like any other day.   Waiting just like any other day. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waiting just like any other day.
Page 1 of 1