The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

District 1 Train

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
District 1 Train Left_bar_bleue150/150District 1 Train Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

District 1 Train Empty
PostSubject: District 1 Train   District 1 Train Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:12 pm

The Luxury of the High Speed Train awaits its Tributes...
Back to top Go down
Glaceon

Glaceon

Female Posts : 169
Birthday : 2001-04-28

District 1 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 1 Train   District 1 Train Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:07 pm

I look out the window blowing kisses to the people of district 1. My blinding white smile always beaming. I hear some people yelling my name, and some others yelling Kaspar's.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Female Posts : 556

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
District 1 Train Left_bar_bleue150/150District 1 Train Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Alliance:: None

District 1 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 1 Train   District 1 Train Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:18 pm

Vera Hollingberry
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
I smirked at the girl tribute, Snow. She was smiling and waving at the crowd. I sat down on a velvet sofa and crossed my legs. "You're a Career, I assume."I said to her. "I'm Vera. Listen to me closely if you want to get out alive. Don't trust anyone. Become part of the Career Pack. Put on a show. Make it seem like your best friends with all of them. But, never get attached. Do you hear me?" I asked the girl as I grabbed a beer from a nearby mini fridge.
Back to top Go down
Demeses

Demeses

Male Posts : 55
Birthday : 1996-02-29

District 1 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 1 Train   District 1 Train Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 7:39 am

Kaspar lounged in the comfort of a plush couch, watching as Snow played with the crowd. He'd done a bit of that, but he wasn't really the waving type. Besides, he wanted to look like a deadly Career, not an inane idiot who was so enamored with their brief fame that they couldn't stop smiling. There had been a brief moment of awe when he first entered the train, when he'd seen the luxuries the Capitol could produce in an instant. Breakfast alone would've been his entire family's meals for a day. Maybe even two.

Kaspar plucked a perfect apple from the fruit bowl in front of him, biting into it with a crunch. He made a face. They might be rich, but their apples were insipid reflections of true apples, the flavors only watered down versions of the real thing. If you wanted a real apple you had to go out on the dawn of spring and pick an apple so lumpy and twisted it held more resemblance to a potato. Those were the apples whose flavors burst into your mouth, their tartness overwhelming your senses in a rush with a hint of sweetness interlaced. That was a real apple.

He watched as their mentor, Vera, grabbed a beer from the fridge while talking over her shoulder to Snow. Perhaps it was time he reminded her that there were two tributes from this District.

"I am here too, you know Vera. No need to keep the tips to yourselves."
Back to top Go down
Glaceon

Glaceon

District 1 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 1 Train   District 1 Train Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:18 am

Once the train starts moving I hear a voice behind me."Got it. I wasn't planning on getting attached to anyone anyway." In front of me I see a green bottle with some type of drink. I decide to taste a bit. It taste like apple juice, but once it gone and swallowed a burning sensation fills my mouth. "Ugh! What is this!", I say looking for some water.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 1 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 1 Train   District 1 Train Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:17 am

Vera Hollingberry
I smirked at the boy, Kaspar. He was smart, I could tell that already. He would make it far. But, they were both useless if they didn't get a good training score. "That would be a very alcoholic drink." I said calmly to the girl. I took a sip of the beer I held. "Right, you, Kaspar. I can tell your smart. But, being smart or strong doesn't mean anything if you aren't likable." I said to the boy. Then I turned to the girl. "But, do you know what's even worse then not being likable? Being unnoticeable. Do your best to stand out." I said firmly. Then I looked out the window. "In the Training Center, make friends and enemies. Scare the non-careers so that they stay away from you. Befriend the careers. Make sure you have a voice in the Pack. In the Arena, go after the other tributes. Don't ever wait for them to come to you. Last year a lot of bad things happened to tributes who were just sitting around. You know why? Just sitting around isn't very entertaining. Entertaining is first, survival is second and fighting comes third. Remember that." I smirked at Kaspar again. "Happy now?" I asked him.
Back to top Go down
Demeses

Demeses

District 1 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 1 Train   District 1 Train Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:34 pm

"I can do likable. And don't worry, they're not going to miss me." He gestured at his body, just over six feet long. "It's kinda hard to disappear when you're my height." He listened as Vera outlined a strategy. It was only one strategy, but she'd been in the Games before and won so her advice was worth listening to. Some of it was the same as what Rolf had taught him, some different. He nodded as she ended her little speech, turning over the main points. Entertaining before surviving. Stick with the careers. Stand out.

"Question. If a non-career looks like they'd make a good ally, would it be worth allying with them as well? Or should I just stick with the careers. And what kind of angle should we be looking to present to the Capitol?"

He stretched his legs put and leaned back, arms behind his head. He could feel the train thrumming beneath him, vibrating through his body. The train was a luxury, certainly. But the Games had begun and Kaspar didn't have time for luxuries any more.
Back to top Go down
Glaceon

Glaceon

District 1 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 1 Train   District 1 Train Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:14 pm

I find a bottle of cherry water in a mini frigid. I gulp it down as the burning stops. Finally, I turn back to Vera. "Don't worry. I'll make sure that I'm noticed. And just so you know, I'm not a stupid idiot. Just saying."I look out the window also, waiting for the Capital."I'll never let any non-career in the pack. I'll just kill him, makes others scared of me." I pull back my chair so I can lay down. I start day dreaming of the games, but I snap myself back to reality. I pick up a remote and turn on a television. It tunes onto a show talking about the games and the tributes. I turn up the volume when they mention my name.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 1 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 1 Train   District 1 Train Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Vera Hollingberry
I moved a curl of hair up higher on my head. Then I crossed my legs again. I intertwined my fingers and placed them on my knees. I examined the two of them. They were both good looking. The boy was tall and gangly with dark hair and large hands. The girl had wavy blonde hair and startlingly blue eyes. The stylist would have fun with them. Finally, I turned to them. "If they would make a good ally, ally them. But, don't tell the other careers about them. Like I said before, don't get too attached to the careers." I said. It was nearly night by now and the sky had gone all shades of purple and orange. "Angles... hmm... For you, Snow, I think we should go with Confident, Girly, and Prepared. Kaspar, you seem like the Mysterious and Determined. Sound good?" I asked and then without waiting for an answer I said "Good." I looked out the window at the sunset. It was nice. It was most likely the last sunset the two tributes would see since in the Capitol you could barely see the stars.
Back to top Go down
Glaceon

Glaceon

District 1 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 1 Train   District 1 Train Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:36 pm

I nodded and looked out the window. The sunset was a vibrant purple and orange. I had to admit, it was beautiful. "Near the end of the games and if's only the careers, What do you suggest I do?" I turn down the volume to listen to her answer.
Back to top Go down
Demeses

Demeses

District 1 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 1 Train   District 1 Train Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Stupid idiot. Kaspar almost laughed but that didn't fit his image. Stating the obvious there, you never heard about smart idiots. He wasn't sure he liked the angles Vera had given him, but they were hardly far from his usual self. He'd barely fit in with the other children back at District One, being both desperately poor and a career. The other poor kids had thought he was stuck up and the careers had looked down on him because of the money he didn't have. He could make determined and mysterious work.

"So what do you suggest we do at the training sessions? Show off our skills or learn something new?"

Personally he didn't think showing off his skills would help in any way. He was the male District One tribute, a volunteer and a career. Regardless of what he did in the training sessions his competitors would be wary of his skills and if they didn't know what those skills were - well, it could only be for the better.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 1 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 1 Train   District 1 Train Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 7:41 pm

Vera Hollingberry
I glanced at the television Snow had turned on. It was replaying the Reapings and District 1 was on. I smirked for a moment but then went back to my usual frown. I looked at Snow. "Kill the others before they have a chance to say 'Well, I guess we can't be allies anymore.' That's where fighting skills really come in handy." I said nonchalantly. Then I turned to Kaspar as I took another sip of beer. "Show off to the other careers. Make sure they respect you. As I said before, you need a voice in the Pack. Otherwise, if the other careers get bored, you'll be the first one off. Regardless of what District your from. Then scare the other tributes. But, be on the lookout for any non-careers who can fight. I suggest you two stay together most the time, but that's your decision, not mine. Remember, the Gamemakers don't just watch you at your private session." I said. I leaned back a bit and shifted my view to the television. I could see Kaspar volunteering. I smirked.
Back to top Go down
Glaceon

Glaceon

District 1 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 1 Train   District 1 Train Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:18 pm

The sun was now completely under and the moon was rising. My stomach growled. "I think it may be time for dinner." I get out from my chair and open a door. It's the dining room and I step in. An avox lays a large turkey omelet on the table. My eyes widen at the large array of capital foods. We where well feed in District 1, but this, is nothing compared to there. I grab a fork and start eating the omelet, such flavor has never reached my tongue before. "Wanna join me?" I ask Kaspar and Vera after swallowing my first bite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

District 1 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 1 Train   District 1 Train Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

District 1 Train
Page 1 of 1