The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's Write a Story! :)

Go down 
+3
Balisugar
JeromeOf6
Sorella
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Let's Write a Story! :) Empty
PostSubject: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:53 am

Hey, so, I really want to write a book. Obviously, that's not going to happen right now, but I do want to write a full-length story. With, like, chapters and stuff. Anyway, this is a text roleplay site, so I figured I might as well ask anyone if they wanted to help. First, we would need to set up a few characters. Let me start by saying I love characters. L-O-V-E. I love making them, developing them, roleplaying them, writing them, etc. So this won't be a problem. I want to put in a bunch of diverse character so everybody has a favorite. I know when I read a book, if it isn't AMAZING, I need to have a favorite character or I have nobody to root for and it bores me. It usually ends up being a side character.

Also, just an idea- the main character should die. That NEEEEVVVVVEEERRR happens, unless it's at the very end. Or if not the main character, then a minor character who is really sweet and innocent and a favorite. It makes it dramatic, ya know? Wink
Like, you know, this character....
SPOILER FOR MOCKINGJAY!!!:

So yeah. If nobody replies, that's okay. I can write it on my own. I just thought I might as well open it up if anybody had an idea for a story but didn't want to write it out. If that applies to you, post here and we can discuss it. I want to write something about a dystopian or utopian society, like the Hunger Games and Divergent. It's what most books are doing these days. That, or romance, which I don't want to write because it will only appeal to some audiences. Also, because in a utopian/dystopian society book, people make rp sites based on charries being in that dystopian/utopian society book. Razz

So yeah. Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Let's Write a Story! :) Left_bar_bleue150/150Let's Write a Story! :) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:18 am

Hey, Rainy Very Happy

As you probably know I have started writing my own book and well the thing is I haven't continued because really I am sort of stuck which is rather odd but it's true. I don't even have a first chapter done to be quite honest it's just a prologue. The main idea was going to be based on something else but it didn't quite stick and my idea is quite flexible so it could fit into a dystopian or utopian society. (:

Feel free to message me in chat box, pm, or on other places we are on ;D

The last one is probably the best choice to be honest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:34 am

Ok, cool. Smile
Back to top Go down
JeromeOf6
The Doctor
JeromeOf6

Male Posts : 607
Birthday : 1999-02-10

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Let's Write a Story! :) Left_bar_bleue150/150Let's Write a Story! :) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name:: Sagittaria Silverhand
Alliance:: None

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:36 am

How about multiple main characters. One huge story is told through the point of view of multiple characters switching characters each chapter telling what happened to them during the time we read about another charrie doing something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:59 am

Yeah, that could work. Like, it could start with one main character for a little while, and then when they died (they'd actually be a minor character and die early, but their death would somehow cause a rift with everyone else, maybe?), there would be an unexpected POV takeover by all the other characters, alternating. As for going back to both POV's for the same time period, I think they did that in Flipped. XD But it's kind of confusing, so maybe just have each piece told by different characters? Like, let's say, for example:

First, Character A, Alexandria, is about to deliver an important package when she dies. She gives the package to her friends (Characters A, B, C, D, E, and F) to keep safe a few minutes before.
Second, Characters B, C, D, E, and F take over. B will be Bob, C will be Catey, D will be Daniel, E will be Esme, and F will be Fabian.
Third, Character B (Bob) talks about how Character A's funeral went. (Alexandria's funeral.)
Fourth, Character C (Catey) talks about how when the group leaves, they are attacked and the package is stolen.
Fifth, Character D (Daniel) talks about the aftermath of that and their injuries, then how they got back home.
Sixth, Character E (Esme) talks about how when they get home, their house is on fire, and how they run away.
Finally, Character F (Fabian) talks about the place they ran away to and what happens after that...

And so on, and so on. But then they'd also each have emotional connections to each-other and they'd subtly reveal how they feel about each-other, and different voices/personalities that show in their sections. For this, different people could write. That way, it'd be from different styles of writing, and make the characters more diverse. FOR EXAMPLE, HERE I HAVE ADDED THE PART IN ITALICS:

First, Character A, Alexandria, is about to deliver an important package when she dies. She gives the package to her friends (Characters A, B, C, D, E, and F) to keep safe a few minutes before. She is a very naive and silly character who is easily distracted, so she talks about Fabian, saying he always acts weird around her, but she doesn't know why, when the signs she lists obviously point to him loving her or something.
Second, Characters B, C, D, E, and F take over. B will be Bob, C will be Catey, D will be Daniel, E will be Esme, and F will be Fabian. Nothing personal here.
Third, Character B (Bob) talks about how Character A's funeral went. (Alexandria's funeral.) Bob is a cruel character, and hated Alexandria. He is happy she died, and shows as much.
Fourth, Character C (Catey) talks about how when the group leaves, they are attacked and the package is stolen. Catey is a character who has mood-swings, so hers switches between being terrified and latching onto the others, and being angry and blaming the others.
Fifth, Character D (Daniel) talks about the aftermath of that and their injuries, then how they got back home. Daniel is a normal person, but he is Esme's older brother, so he is very protective over her. He is very worried about her injuries, and talks about that.
Sixth, Character E (Esme) talks about how when they get home, their house is on fire, and how they run away. Esme is very independent and doesn't like Daniel being protective, so she complains about that.
Finally, Character F (Fabian) talks about the place they ran away to and what happens after that... Fabian's section is frequently sprinkled with tidbits about him missing Alexandria and how he loves the new place, because he is adventurous, but he wishes Alexandria were there, etc...

And yeah. Hah, there, characters and a plot. Well, I don't like the plot very much. Razz

Anyway, does that make sense? If so, what do you think? Not of the plot and charries, just the POV thing and getting different people to write for different characters, so it basically is like a role-play but with better punctuation and an organized plot. XD
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Female Posts : 905
Birthday : 1998-09-29

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:11 am

I already have a favorite character xD

FAVE CHARRIE:
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:25 am

If we did that.. then we could split up the characters between two people and each person writes for their share of the characters. That way there is some switch back and such. It also gives you quite a different view on the characters and different types of characters really. Like say you couldn't seem to fit into a certain type of character where someone else like me could. xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:19 am

Yeah, that makes sense. I think I have a favorite character too:

Spoiler:

But the characters don't actually have to be those people. XD They can be, but those were just examples who happened to have names with first letters that fit. XD We can put some of them in, like Esme and Catey, or change their names, like Esmeralda and Catty, or whatever. Hmm, I like the name Catty, actually... but I like Catey, too, so whatever. Razz And if Esme's in, she needs an older brother. It doesn't have to be Daniel, just an overprotective brother.

But also, about what Sori said- some people tend to have certain characters. Like, for example, I tend to write either happy, sweet, and innocent characters, crazy ones, or sad ones. So I vote for your plan.

Okay, well, just because I'm bored, here's a sample character form for Catey. I used our very own charrie from, but simpler, because it probably won't end up being used at all, so I'm warning you, this is going to be bad:

Let's Write a Story! :) Brown_10
Name: Catey... um... Catey Brooks?
Physical Appearance: Catey has straight, chest-length, very light honey-brown hair that was blonde when she was a baby and pale skin with some freckles. She has light brown eyes that often look glassy. Catey is 5'3" tall, and weighs 105 lbs. She has thin eyebrows, a pretty normal nose, and relatively good teeth. She usually wears an old pair of jeans and a loose, off-the-shoulder top over a camisole, or something similarly casual like a t-shirt. Catey has a slightly narrow mouth, especially her top lip, and is smiling about half the time.
Personality: Catey has frequent mood swings, and can be considered a dangerous girl. (She doesn't have multiple personalities, as she is conscious of whatever behavior she is exhibiting, but the way she sees the world changes, so she does have two very different sides of her, as well as a normal one that hardly ever pops up.) Catey has named her 3 behavioral patterns Normal Catey, Little Catey, and Evil Catey. Evil Catey is also sometimes known as Ninja Catey. Normal Catey is just that, a normal girl. She's nice enough, friendly, and easy-going. Normal Catey is very rare. Little Catey acts like a small child. She's innocent, naive, and cowardly. Little Catey cries easily and often hides behind other members of the group in times of trouble. She always seems to come out just when they need Evil Catey. Evil/Ninja Catey is dark, cruel, sarcastic, and one hell of a fighter. She yells at everyone, and has no problem hurting others. Evil Catey will often appear when the only thing she can do is be annoying, but when she comes out in a fight, she's an asset. Catey does NOT have multiple personality disorder and is still completely herself beneath each mood. She just has mood-swings, but they happen so quickly and are so vivid that she named them.
Flaw: Catey's different moods each have different flaws. Evil Catey's flaw is being overconfident and not believing she can lose. Little Catey's flaw is being a total coward and very weak. Normal Catey's flaw is that she can't control her mood swings, and they often happen at the least convenient moment. For instance, Catey will often be Little Catey in a fight when the group needs her, and Evil Catey when they're just traveling.
Talents: Catey is quite clever and extremely intuitive. She also exhibits great combat skill when in her darker moods.
Other: Nothing.

Last edited by RainyCat on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Female Posts : 1194
Birthday : 1997-08-21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Character Name:: Nixon Harley

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:23 am

I WANNA JOIN
sor, I've been writing a book too. I'm on about page 50.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:31 am

woah, this seems cool, 8D, i always wonder why the main characters never die . I've written a little book for fun in the past with my friends and we pass it around, writing style gets so different and sometimes the characters get off character but it was fun to laugh at. xD
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Let's Write a Story! :) Left_bar_bleue1/1Let's Write a Story! :) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:34 am

This sounds cool! I'd like to help, if you need it.
Back to top Go down
JeromeOf6
The Doctor
JeromeOf6

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Omg I went to sleep and when I woke up this topic was filled XD I actually love that idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:18 pm

Yay! Okay, lets start with a list of participants. Then we can move on to characters and a plot. Now, because I want to get to the plot and characters, I'm just going to do this right now, and anyone can join in if they want. If people come in later or don't really want to make too much of a commitment, they can write a guest chapter or page or something. Or maybe they can write for a minor character or edit or something. Whatever, I'm calling it a guest writer. Let me know if you'd rather be that.

Okay, people for sure so far, at least, I think:

RainyCat (obviously)
Sorella
Jeromeof6
Rccheetah
Lupaan
Balisugar

People I'm not sure if actually wanted to write or just posted here but I'd love for you guys to join in if you want:

Chiiyoko

Okay, now that that's sorted, should we start with characters or a plot?
What do you think?

Last edited by RainyCat on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JeromeOf6
The Doctor
JeromeOf6

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Characters in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:22 pm

I will participate!
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:46 pm

I think characters
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:50 pm

I actually think the characters should come first because then they aren't based exactly on the plot and stuff, ya know? We have to decide main characters and such.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Okay! I'll add you to the list, Bali! Smile And I love characters, so I have no problem with that, but I think we should start with just a basic skin and develop them for real later on as the story goes. One thing that needs to be done is assigning characters. First, who wants to be the original main character who dies early on, like Chapter 2 or something. XD Or should we all write that part together? What do you people think?

Also, I think each person should have a character, like Sori said, and write like them. You can use the example thing above for ideas, but keep in mind that you are NOT limited to that. Bali, if you want Esme, you can have her. Well, write for her. You know what I mean. I think it has been established that I want to write for Catey, unless anybody else wants to or has a problem with that. So if you do actually want a character from the sample example thingy, just post saying that you do. Otherwise, just make one up. Or, if you'd prefer to start with a plot, you don't have to make a character yet. And if anyone has any plot ideas, even if you think they're kind of weird, feel free to post 'em! Smile
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:58 pm

I've got 2 favorite characters
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:00 pm

I think I will not use an example character xD I prefer to go with my own made. Haha. I think I will actually take the character that dies early on and such and then perhaps I will take the writing from you guys and edit it a bit so it's nicer and I can add details and stuff because it's fun. Then maybe I can take up another character later on down the road in the book. You know... New charries for people to like/dislike xD
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:02 pm

I think I might make my own character. I'll think about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:08 pm

Okay, everything sounds great so far. Smile
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:03 am

I think I will use Esme. I like the sound of her xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:36 am

Cool. Okay, so...

Rainy- Catey
Bali- Esme

Rc- To Be Announced
Sori- The first "main" character and another evil guy later

Last edited by RainyCat on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:53 am

Will make the original charrie who ends up dead in chapter two Very Happy WOO!

Then I help do details and expand things a bit and just fix some errors that may have slipped. Very Happy Then later on in like chapter 13 a new main charrie will be introduced Razz Going to be one of those evil guys who like messes up everything.. Hilarious evil dude. Yess :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Write a Story! :)   Let's Write a Story! :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Write a Story! :)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next