The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I've stolen all the stars

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Demeses

Demeses

Male Posts : 55
Birthday : 1996-02-29

I've stolen all the stars Empty
PostSubject: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 8:41 pm

The ground shifted beneath him and Kaspar stumbled, swearing under his breath. He was almost at the top of the cliffs after leaving the lake, but he'd chosen a stupid path for the last few meters and now he was in danger of falling. And it was a damn long way down. Both of his axes were stabbed into cliff, keeping him in place as he trudged upward. Everything was smeared with clinging dirt and stone dust, except where sweat had wiped it off. The clifftop better be worth it.

He took another step, grunting slightly as he landed on a pebble. Even through his shoes it was uncomfortable. Just a few more steps. Ignore it. His arms were beginning to wobble with the strain. He steadied himself, planting his feet firmly, then made a quick dash, axes thudding into the cliff just before the end. He'd made it. He just had to pull himself onto the top and that would be childplay compared to the climb he'd just suffered through. Keeping one axe shoved in the cliff, he sunk the other into the ground above him. With a quick jerk and a last monumental push from his legs, Kas managed to swing himself over, landing on his back beside some bushes. From below they looked like clouds of green, trapped on the teeth of the world. He lay there, watching the leaves shift as his chest rose and fell and his heart thundered. The axes lay clenched in each fist, his hands unwilling to relinquish them after the climb.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I've stolen all the stars Left_bar_bleue150/150I've stolen all the stars Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 9:12 pm

I've stolen all the stars Rheapic
Rhea Glass
---District 5---Female---17---

Rhea walked for a few minutes before finding a bush that looked like it might contain something of interest. She hadn't seen too many bushes in the previous area she was at so she was afraid this one may have been picked over already. She bent down to examine the bush, gently pushing the branches away glancing back ocassionally to see if anyone was behind her.

That was when she saw him, and she couldn't help but move back a bit. His sudden presence scared her. She hadn't expected anyone else to be there on the cliffs. She let out a little shreik and covered her mouth. She didn't want to alert the others to him.
"Kaspar?"

Last edited by Ari on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I've stolen all the stars Left_bar_bleue150/150I've stolen all the stars Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 9:34 pm

Some rubble fell from Kaspar's climb, sounding almost like the start of a landslide.
Back to top Go down
Demeses

Demeses

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 9:51 pm

His heart was beginning to slow, it's gallop turning into a canter before finally coming down to a regular trot. Then there was shriek behind him and his heart was all the way back up at full throttle. He scrambled to his feet, axes gripped even tighter as he turned to the noise.

It was her.

Rhea.

She was standing behind the bushes, hands over mouth as she stared at him. "Kaspar?" His throat dry, Kas nodded slowly. Part of him was thinking she knew his name, but the rest was frantically trying to think of what to do, what to say. He knew what he should do, if he was a psycho like Chaos. Kill her. But he wasn't Chaos. If it had been anyone, anyone but Rhea, then maybe. With her though, he couldn't do it.

"Hey Rhea." He tried a small smile, before realizing he still held the axes as though he meant to kill her. He dropped them hurriedly to his sides. At the same time there was a splintering crack and the sound of pebbles and earth tumbling down from where he'd just climbed could be heard.

"Perhaps we'd better move away from the edge. Somehow I don't think that's a good sound to be hearing when you're standing next to a long drop."

Kas was beginning to get some of his usual demeanor back, but he was still a bit flustered. Rhea was here.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 10:09 pm

He didn't attack her like she thought he would. She watched as the axes dropped down to his sides, and as he spoke her name she couldn't help but smile a little. She was thankful he didn't want to cut her down like the other careers seemed to want to right now.

She heard the sound of pebbles falling and recognized the sound. Her mind took her back to the other night when she was just barely able to escape falling to her death from a similar sound. She thought of the terror in Maria's eyes as she held onto Josh for dear life. If I fall, I won't have a Josh to save me. He might let me fall to my death. She quickly dismissed the thought, she didn't want to think about it. And at Kaspar's suggestion she nodded.
"Yea, best to get way from the ledge. It is a long way down." She moved backwards so she was away from the edge. "I thought you were with Chaos?" She asked suspiciously.

Last edited by Ari on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Rhea was starting to feel a little funny on the inside, nervousness? or maybe something she'd eaten or drank.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 10:31 pm

Rhea's stomach began to twist and turn, it felt like it was in knots. Was she nervous? Of course she was...he was standing in front of her. He made her feel a way she hadn't felt before. It wasn't like with Chaos, the attraction based on the need to survive. But instead it was something totally unknown to her. But than again, she had felt nervous around a boy before and this was a little more intense. She grabbed her stomach as she thought back on what she ate and drank today. There was her apple that she got at the Cornucopia, but the others hadn't done this to her. She thought harder, what else was there. That was when she remembered the water.

Last edited by Ari on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Demeses

Demeses

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 10:35 pm

Kaspar moved away from the ominous noise that had come from the cliff, following Rhea deeper inland.

"Chaos? We split back at the clay pit fight. The same time everyone split."

He stepped easily over one of the lower bushes, halting some distance from the edge. The whole cliff would have to collapse to get them from here. Surely the Gamemakers didn't hate them that much. This was drama. He stowed one of his axes in his belt. He didn't think he'd need it, Rhea would've killed him when she'd found him if she'd wanted to. But Rhea wasn't the only danger in is arena so he kept the second one ready.

"Why'd you leave Chaos anyway?"

They'd seemed pretty close in the lunch room, but obviously most of that had been a facade. A sham. Misdirection. Kas looked up from the ground, which he'd been studying intently since they'd moved here. Rhea was clutching her stomach and her eyes looked slightly vacant.

"Rhea? Are you okay?"

It was stupid, Kas knew it was stupid, but he moved anyway. In a moment he was crouched beside her.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 10:40 pm

The odd feeling was spreading, it was becoming less painful and more confusing as it progressed. Everything seemed brighter to Rhea, despite it being a dark night.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 10:50 pm

The slight pain she felt before began to fade away and with it came a new feeling. It was odd, to put it mildly. It seemed so bright outside, although it was dark. She looked at her hand and observed it. That looked the same. So she looked at her body, seeing if anything seemed different. She couldn't pinpoint what was going on, but she knew something was. She sat down with her back against the rocks. She looked at Kaspar and it was like he saw an aura around him.

It was almost like she was dreaming, the aura was bright and it made her squint a bit.
"Your...glowing." She said to him cryptically, "why are you glowing?"

Last edited by Ari on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Demeses

Demeses

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:08 pm

"You're glowing...why are you glowing?"

This is not good. He was no expert, but when someone thought you were glowing that probably wasn't a good sign.

"I don't know why I'm glowing Rhea." he said. Humor her. This clearly wasn't natural. "Have you eaten anything different?" A berry could be more deadly than a sword in the arena. Kas knew his way around the basic plants, but the Gamemaker's could throw anything at you. He grabbed her hand, feeling its temperature. It was cold. Cold as the grave his mind offered. No. He wouldn't think about that.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:11 pm

Rhea was becoming disoriented, there seemed to be so many stars out, bright ones, but Rhea knew it was black overcast in the sky, so how was this possible?
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:32 pm

Rhea tried to stand, but it felt like she had a ton weighing down on her shoulders. Her knees buckled underneath her and she fell to the ground. "I...only ate an...apple." She replied, she was struggling to form the words in her mind. She was confused and her head was fuzzy. It was bright out, but at the same time she knew it was pitch black out. She tried to tell him about the water. "I drank some...water. At a stream..." she pointed in some direction she thought she came from. She couldn't tell where she was, the lights were blinding her, making her disoriented. "I have a first...aid kit." She grabbed her pack, and handed it to him. She couldn't think straight anymore, she just hoped maybe something in there would help.

Last edited by Ari on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Demeses

Demeses

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:45 pm

Rhea struggled to get up then staggered. Kas leapt forward, supporting her as she sank back to the ground. "I...only ate an...apple." Well, the apples were fine. He'd already eaten three and nothing like this had happened. Rhea moved and he leaned closer, barely catching her words as she flung an arm out to point into the night. "I drank some...water. At a stream..." Water from a stream. The Gamemakers must've drugged it.

Rhea thrust a quiver at him, which she was obviously using as a pack. A first aid kit. That was going to be more useful than an apple, which was about the only thing he had with him that might be any use. He pulled out the kit hurriedly, discarding the quiver to one side as he inspected the contents. Surely there would be something, anything that he could use.

"Just lie still Rhea. I'm trying to help."
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:52 pm

Suddenly there was someone else that Rhea could see leaning over her. Who was it? "Rhea, what are you doing?" he asks. It sounded familiar, like a sibling she could remember having still.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 12:24 am

Rhea's eyes widened as she saw Roe standing there leaning over her."Roe...what are you doing here?" She said softly. Kaspar disappeared into the background and she grabbed Roe's hand. She stood up and found herself back in district 5, in a field similar to the one they played in as kids. She saw Roe's kind face and smiled immediately. She hugged him and melted in his arms. He had a way absorbing all the negative emotions she ever felt with one single hug.

"Geez being lazy today are we? I doubt you have done anything," he said playfully. He gave her a little push, and she pushed him back. She laughed. "I dunno, I guess I haven't really done anything. I was having the strangest dream though. In it I was in the Hunger Games and there was a swamp and there was a boy..." She looked down, it felt so real to her; that dream. Roe laughed for a moment then grabbed her and hugged her for a moment before speaking softly to her. "You sound crazy. You would never survive a day in the arena." Rhea thought back, she couldn't shake the feeling that it was real. The feelings she felt began to rush to her and she looked at Roe. "No there were these crocodile mutts and the girl. I killed her."

That was when when she saw her, the girl from district 7. Willow Gilder was her name. She looked horrified as the girl looked back at her blankly. She looked to Roe, "Do you see her?" She went to hug him, but he pushed her away. "Yea that's the girl you killed. You murdered her, over a blanket. How could you. You have changed, the sister I love would have never done that!" He yelled at her, his face angry. He reached for the necklace that delicately hung around her neck. "You don't even deserve to wear this." He ripped the necklace off and looked at her with such hate that she just ran. She ran and ran but he continued to follow her. That was when she found a cave, she ran inside, into the dark and cried. But she could still see Roe's face, his anger and disappointment flooded her mind.

Rhea's eyes opened wide, and she breathed heavily. It was a dream?...Just a dream. Just a messed up, crazy dream. But it felt so real, everything felt so real.

ooc: Roe's color is blue, so yea....he talks.
Back to top Go down
Demeses

Demeses

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 8:07 am

Rhea was mumbling behind him and snatches of words drifted over to him as he worked. "...strangest dream...I killed her...Do you see her?" It sounded like the hallucinations were getting worse. Kas began to get more frantic, shuffling through the first aid kit feverishly. Bandages, antibiotics, pills, creams... it was impossible to tell if something would be useful or not and he didn't want to kill her by giving her 'Essence of Nightshade' by mistake.

It was crazy, to have feelings for another person in the arena. Stupid. Ridiculous. His Grandpa would be screaming at the television right now. He wasn't exactly living up to expectations. But how was he supposed to know that Rhea would be in the games? It wasn't like he'd been looking for feelings, they'd just happened.

Rhea made a movement and Kas moved back to her side. He just gazed at her face for a moment, before reaching out and brushing a strand of hair off her forehead. As luck would have it, that was the moment she opened her eyes. Face flushing, Kas whipped his hand back and moved quickly over to the first aid kit. Hopefully she just thought it was another hallucination when she finally came fully to her senses. He picked up a tube of pills, squinting at the label that was barely visible in the light from the moon. Would this finally be something that could help?
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 4:02 pm

Suddenly Roe's face was pulled away from Rhea, almost as if he was being dragged. She could see him being pulled along the ground, yelling her name for help. Then as soon as the commotion had started, Roe was dragged off the side of the cliff.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 5:07 pm

She shot up. She was away from the dark empty cave and found herself on the cliffs in the arena. Roe was there, ripped from her in an instant. Roe was clawing into the rocks trying to hold on. She ran to him. "Roe! Roe hold on!" She yelled as she ran to the edge. She just grabbed his hand and held on as he hung lifelessly over the edge. She tried lifting him up, but he was too heavy for her to lift with just one arm. She needed her other arm to help keep her up, so she couldn't grab him with both arms. "Roe, you have to help me pull you up. You are too heavy." She yelled to him over the cliff, her eyes now filling with tears. She couldn't lose him, she couldn't let go. "Rhea, I'm slipping, don't let me fall." He yelled up to her, his eyes now pleading for her to gather her strength and pull him up. She tried to lift herself up, but the pressure on her arm was too much. She slammed down on the ground, almost knocking the wind out of her body. She continued to grip Roe's hand, but she could feel her grip starting to slip. "Roe I won't let you die, I promise I won't let go." She kept trying but it was getting harder and harder to hold on.
Back to top Go down
Demeses

Demeses

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Kas could only make out the letters '...cillin' on the jar and he tossed it back into the kit. He wasn't going to play scientist while Rhea was in her condition. He was just picking up a promising packet when there was a scuffle and Rhea was sprinting past him, right toward the unstable edge.

"Rhea!" The cry was torn from his lips and then he was running after her. Fear gripped his heart in a tight embrace, because he wasn't fast enough and she was almost over. Right at the end, just before she fell down that long drop, Rhea fell to the ground with her arms dangling over the edge. Kas skidded to a halt beside her, almost toppling over himself. "Rhea, what the hell are you doing? We need to get away from the edge, remember the rubble?" She didn't look to be in any kind of state to remember the rubble, her face was streaked with tears and she was talking to herself. "Roe I won't let you die, I promise I won't let go." Despite everything a stab of jealousy went through his heart. Who was this Roe, that she cared so much about.

"There's no-one there Rhea. It's a hallucination. You've got to move back."
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:40 pm

Suddenly Roe was pulled out of Rhea's arms and thrown down the cliff. The thing that had dragged him over the edge was then revealed. It was a large plant root, with thorns all over it. It rose up above the cliff surface to seemingly face Rhea and Kaspar. Behind them, nine more had risen in a half circle to surround them. This was unbelievable even for Rhea's drugged mind.

The problem with this, however, was that Kaspar could see them too.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 12:46 am

Roe fell, he fell down the cliff side and she couldn't stop it. She hated herself. Her face was now covered with tears and she saw the roots. The roots that took her brother down to his death. She was angry, so angry all she wanted to do was get rid of the things that was the cause of her sadness. She saw her spear and she went to grab it. She ran in a drunken stupor, her arms felt like sandbags besides her body as she tried to lift the spear. She clumsily swung the spear around her, not really aiming at anything. "Why did you take him!?" She sobbed, "why did you take my brother? I promised him!"

Ariiyoko carried out 1 launched of one Attack(5) :
I've stolen all the stars Arrow-17

She continued to swing at the roots, but she was doing so with such haphazard movements it was impossible to tell if she hit them or not. Her hands let go of the spear, letting it drop down to the ground. The roots were appearing and disappearing from her view, she couldn't keep her eyes focused on them. The only things she could see where the few seconds they flashed around her. It was like the world around her was dark. That was when she saw him. Roe.

She ran to what she believed was her brother and wrapped her arms around him. She cried into his chest,
"I thought they took you. I thought I was alone." What Rhea didn't know was that she wrapped her arms not around her brother, but the boy she was with Kaspar.
Back to top Go down
Demeses

Demeses

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Kas tugged Rhea's shoulder in a futile attempt to drag her away. And then the thing appeared. It rose above the edge to tower over them, vicious thorns studding every inch of the root. His mouth tightened. "Crap." From behind them came a slithering sound and he whipped his head around. More of them. "Double crap." He was still scared, but now he wasn't just worrying about Rhea. He was worrying about himself.

Despite her hallucinations Rhea could obviously see them too. She snatched up her spear and waved it drunkenly, shouting at them. She even managed to stab one before dropping the spear. Kas could see one of his axes lying right where he'd left it, beside the first aid kit. He swore. He hadn't needed them for combat at all these Games, and now that he did he couldn't reach one of them. How ironic. At least Rhea's spear was here, even if she wasn't using it properly. And he still had one axe tucked into his belt. His eyes were fixed on the spear, trying to work out if he could get to it before the plants got them. Consequently he didn't notice Rhea until she was rushing at him and burying her head in his chest. "I thought they took you. I thought I was alone." Any other time Kas would've been delighted to be in this position. Unfortunately they happened to be in imminent danger of dying.

"It's okay Rhea, it's okay." He patted her head awkwardly. "I'm not going anywhere. But maybe we should get rid of these plants." He unhooked his axe, reaching out and swinging it hard at the nearest plant. It was no spear, but it would do.
Back to top Go down
Dicemaster
The Computer Account
The Computer Account
Dicemaster

Birthday : 2011-03-05

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I've stolen all the stars Left_bar_bleue250000000000/250000000000I've stolen all the stars Empty_bar_bleue  (250000000000/250000000000)
Character Name:: Dicemaster
Alliance:: None

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:03 pm

The member 'Demeses' has done the following action : ROLL

'Attack(1)' :
I've stolen all the stars 83652039
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 10:58 pm

The roots began to attack the two, swinging wildly at them. Rhea managed to damage one of them enough with her spear to make it retreat, and Kaspar managed to cut another off.

Each root has 15 Hp, 8 Roots left.
First attack for Rhea, second for Kaspar.

Loki carried out 2 launched of one MUTT :
I've stolen all the stars 12849686 , I've stolen all the stars 12849686
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've stolen all the stars   I've stolen all the stars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've stolen all the stars
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next