The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Into the Woods

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Into the Woods Left_bar_bleue150/150Into the Woods Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Into the Woods Empty
PostSubject: Into the Woods   Into the Woods Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:48 pm

Into the Woods Aubreybacon
Into the Woods Lorinamebanner
---District 12---Female---17---

Lori moved along the dirt road that lead through the Seam and reached the electric fence. She did a quick check to make sure there was no current running through it and dipped underneath the wire. She quickly made her way through the meadow and out into the woods that surrounded the entire district. She didn't really pay much attention as to whether or not Griffin was still behind her or not but she assumed he either was or decided he had better things to do. Either way she was going to shoot, with or without him there. And the first thing she needed to get was her bow, or more precisely Gunnar's old bow. She always left it in the same area hidden between two rocks and surrounded by bushes. In order to find it one would have to know where exactly to look. She patted at the ground for a moment before feeling the familiar wooden bow and the strap of the quiver. It took Gunnar so long to trade for everything to make this bow and weeks of work to actually craft it. She clearly remember him secretly carving the bow from simple wood he found in meadow and stringing it with a sturdy string that he had to trade quite a bit of his tessra rations for.

After Lori picked it up and stood again she saw Griffin there behind her and she looked at him for a moment before speaking. "I know its not as good as burning something down, but shooting tends to calm my mind. I don't normally catch anything though, I'm not that good." She held out the bow and offered Griffin the first shot. "I can teach you."

Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Female Posts : 1194
Birthday : 1997-08-21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Character Name:: Nixon Harley

Into the Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Into the Woods Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 8:44 pm

Into the Woods Download.php?text=Griffin%20Sawyers&name=balker

Into the Woods Tumblr_lpo3peCsvd1qjb5nbo1_500

I followed Lori, not quite sure where exactly she was leading me. Too much stress, worry, to loud in my head. I fall onto my knees for a second, and cover my ears. It feels as if a thousand voices are screaming in my head. Yelling things I don't understand. It's too dark in there, too dark and noisy. Maybe it'd be okay if I could understand any of it but I can't. I need to let this go. I need to. I need to let this go. I stand up and stumble ahead, catching up to Lori as she leads me through the meadows I follow without hesitation, and then she suddenly stops. I stop too, and watch as se picks up a bow. It look handmade, and I realize what she has for us in mind. We're going to shoot are worries away. I flash a small grin. 

"This is more, I dunno how to describe it, so I'll just say more safe then burning things down. If love to try and shoot, but I'm pretty lousy at it as of right now." I carefully grab the bow from Lori, and he it up in a position I think is correct. "I'll do my best." As I begin to aim the bow, I ask Lori, "So what do I do now?"
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Into the Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Into the Woods Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:24 pm

Into the Woods Tumblr_lrxtu7RGCX1qflm7eo1_500

Lori walked over to Griffin as he readied the bow. She pushed his arm down just a little and then backed away again. "Now take the end of the arrow between your two fingers and pull on the string. Use your other fingers to keep the arrow steady and pull the string as far back as you can. Don't worry you won't break it, and if you do you will owe me for a new string." Lori grinned in his direction. "And let go." She watched as he let go of the arrow and it flew through the air. It hit the tree at least, but he had just begun and for his first time using a bow he did well. "Nice shot, for a beginner." She flashed him a small smile, something she rarely did, and took the bow into her hands. She readied herself and pulled the arrow back on the string. The point had just reached her fingers when she moved them and let go. The arrow flew straight and hit the tree pretty close to the middle. She shrugged, it was an ok shot in her opinion though Gunnar would probably tell her she could do better. She held the bow out again to Griffin, offering him another shot.

Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Female Posts : 1194
Birthday : 1997-08-21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Character Name:: Nixon Harley

Into the Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Into the Woods Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:04 pm

Into the Woods Download.php?text=Griffin%20Sawyers&name=balker

Into the Woods Tumblr_lw6uv5j0kb1qmwn5f

I listen carefully as Lori instructs me. I try to hold the position she put my arms in, it's quite comfy once I'm fully positioned. You won't look like a fool if you do it correctly. Don't question yourself now, you're a strong guy and it'd be silly if you failed with weapons. Why am I always trying to make myself stronger? I push all the gibberish away from my head. "I promise I won't break the string, the only things I break are bones." I say jokingly, hoping Lori wouldn't take it seriously. I easily pull the string back, past my elbow, past my shoulders, and to about my cheek. I steady the strings between my fingers like Lori said to, and aim the bow as well as I can towards the tree. Then without thinking, I let go. I watch as the bow flies through the air, and hits the tree with a thump. I grin, proud that I at least hit the tree instead having the arrow go who knows where. "Thanks." I say with a smile at Lori and let her take the bow from me.

I watch as Lori expertly take the bow in her hands and loads the arrow. She takes the bow and carefully lifts it, so delicately as if she lets go it would break in two. She pulls the bow up and aims for the tree. I watch as she lets go of the string, which was pulled back pretty far. I'm surprised it didn't break. But then I stand in awe, as the arrow hit the tree hits almost the dead center. "Wow, sweet shot." I say with a big smile towards Lori. After I shoot another shot, I turn to Lori. "It's getting kinda late."
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Into the Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Into the Woods Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 3:18 pm

Into the Woods Tumblr_lphr5qjHxy1qc0fwzo5_400

Lori let out a little chuckle after Griffin said the comment on breaking bones, "Wow Griffin you are the charmer. You know just what to say to get right to a girls' heart." He shot off another arrow and again hit the tree, He is pretty good at that, he must have had some practice. Lori thought as she watched him. He then mentioned that it was getting late and she nodded in agreement. "I'm gonna get one more shot in and I will walk with you." Lori pulled the bow up and readied the arrow aiming right towards the tree. That was when she saw it, a curious squirrel run across a branch on a tree further back and stop. She quickly readjusted her aim right for his heart. That would kill him, right? Gunnar used to be able to shoot them right in the eye, and instant kill and none of the meat was damaged by the arrow. Lori unfortunately was not that good of a shot. She let go of the arrow and it hit causing the poor critter to fall right off of his branch and onto the ground. She collected him and the few arrows the pair had shot and put those back into their quiver. She almost gently put the bow and quiver of arrows back into their hiding spot under the bush that Gunnar had chosen many years ago.

She stood next to Griffin as she stuffed the dead squirrel into the bag she had with her, she needed to hide her catch or else be faced with a whipping from the peacekeepers for using weapons. "Let us go shall we?" She started walking back towards District 12 and the depressing aura that seemed to cover it like the coal dust seemed to cover most everything. She turned towards Griffin once more and looked at him for a few moments before speaking, "If you ever need someone to talk to, I am here. I understand you and the rest of these people don't get it. Besides I don't get to talk about Gunnar much with anyone so I know how it is to keep it all in. You end up like me." She looked down for a moment her eyes for some reason refusing to look at the boy in front of her. "Anytime alright, I'm here for you I guess." She turned away from him and kept moving, Griffin and her were like war buddies. They had both seen something dark and it was only them that understood it; trying to tell the others were met with looks and glares. But they understood what each other had seen and in a way they had this common understanding much different from anyone else that was walking down the street. They had a connection that bonded them together, a common tie that no one else could understand. Yes, Lori knew that Griffin and her were more in common than anyone else she had met recently, and it was nice to know that there was someone out there that knew exactly what you went through. Even if it was something that may end in an instant like most things in life, it was nice to at least have it in that moment.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Into the Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Into the Woods Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Into the Woods
Page 1 of 1