The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Finally, something other than trees

Go down 
+2
Loki
Chiiyoko
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Emzink

Emzink

Female Posts : 258
Birthday : 1999-04-21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue150/150Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:28 pm

Was that hit ineffective? My computer won't load the image...
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue150/150Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:35 pm

Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Tumblr_mgoo1fzmh51rqv2hfo1_500
Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Spencernamebanner
---District 3---Male---18---

Spencer turned but hadn't noticed any sort of visible mark on the girl, so he just assumed he had missed. Time for another hit? Sounds about right. He dashed forwards once more as he attempted to hit her doing the same exact thing he had done before which was basically just run and swipe at her at the same time. He ran about 20 feet away from her before he stopped and pivoted once again as he came to a halt. Spencer faced her as he waited for her next movements and attacks to come towards him and tried to stay as focused as possible and put to the back of his head the dull headache that still seemed to remain.

Ariiyoko carried out 1 launched of one Attack(Other) :
Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Arrow-19

((And yes it was. Basically if it shows no image it is a miss))
Back to top Go down
Emzink

Emzink

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 11:43 pm

I flinched, but at first he didn't get me. At first. When he hit me the second time, i was unimpressed with my results. A double hit? I was getting sloppy. I threw one of my rocks at him, happy to stay by the med kit, for as long as I could. I reapplied some bandages to my wounds and called out, "How're you holding up buddy?" I liked the idea of some conversation before our untimely demise.

Emzink carried out 1 launched of one Attack(1) :
Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Arrow-17
Emzink carried out 1 launched of one Heal(Other) :
Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Heal2-Copy_zps400f1a22
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 1:11 am

The medkit was now empty.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 11:10 pm

Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Tumblr_mcz2sfelN91qlkfuv

Spencer stood readied and waiting trying to mimic what Amy had been doing earlier and standing at defense when she spoke to him. He stood up straight with an almost confused look on his face as he thought about it for a moment. No one had really asked him how he was in these games since he joined up with Solange. "Uhh...well besides being freezing cold, having a headache, being hungry and tired and also trying not to die I guess I am doing somewhat good. It really could be worse. I could be bleeding out right about now or slowly starving to death. And...I guess this is the part now where I attack you again, you try to block and attack me, I try to block and attack you. You know....until this ends." He ran right after he spoke and with his knife swiped sideways the same way he did before and ran past her. He turned to face her and stood defensively just waiting for the what was going to be a long back and forth between them.

Ariiyoko carried out 1 launched of one Block(3) :
Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Blockedc
Back to top Go down
Emzink

Emzink

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 10:13 am

I tilted my head at the empty first aid kit. No more medicine. Dammit. I hoped it would last longer than that. I kicked at Spencer’s hand, trying to deflect the sword swipe. Leaning forward and looking at Spencer, I heard him say something about being cold, having a headache, being hungry and tired and also trying not to die. I laughed, feeling empathy. "Yeah, I'm alright too. One of our sponsors sent us a med kit that was maybe... a quarter way full? And I'm out here in the rain, with wet and tattered clothing, fighting a boy who is two years older than me." I made a face and struck a pose with my right hand touching the back of my head and my left hand on my hip. "How scandalous." Still partly laughing, I swiped at him with my knife. In my best capitol accent, I cried, “Let the monotonous stabbings-BEGIN!”

Emzink carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) :
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:09 pm

The wind let up, possibly an indicator that the Gamemakers were not happy with the contest dragging on.
Back to top Go down
Emzink

Emzink

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:23 pm

Oh goodness. I felt the wind die down, knowing it was a sign that the gamemakers weren't happy with us dragging this on. I looked at the sky, half tempted to shout, "It isn't my fault that he's decent at fighting!" I rolled my eyes and smirked at the idea. But a bunch of angry gamemakers was not what I needed right now. I faked a punch to his nose, then stabbed at his ribcage. I'd either damage him severely, or look really stupid.
Emzink carried out 1 launched of one Specialty :
Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Specialtyweaponsuccess
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:59 pm

Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Tumblr_m95iehwQXf1qfgnjvo1_500

Spencer found himself almost off guard as Amy spoke but before he could really respond he jumped back away from her attack. A look of both confusion and questioning was put on his face as she talked about how scandalous it was that they were fighting. He thought for a second and nodded, the confusion still on his face. If it was sarcasm or a joke it was totally lost on him. "How is this one thing considered scandalous? The definition of the word is something disgraceful or something considered shocking or improper. I mean...this has happened numerous times in the past. So how is this one instance of you fighting a boy who happens to be 2 years older than you considered shocking at all? I mean there was a games only a few years ago where an 18 year old fought a 12 year old. Now that might have been more shocking if this wasn't the world we live in. I just don't get how you can consider this to be scandalous at all. I don't really think you understand the term you are trying to use." The wind had died down some but that didn't mean anything to Spencer. He kept his guard up because of it because now that there was a difference in the weather it only made him worry more. Had it just been his own confusion at her statement that seemed to make no sense to him or just the fact that he was getting tired and a little bored but she had ran towards him without him really paying attention or trying to move away. She tried to fake punch him, but luckily for him his towering height compared to hers she had clearly not really been able to hit unless she stood on something first, but what she had done was stab him. He hadn't really felt much, mainly just a pressure on his cold and numb body. He took the moment where she was near enough to him and he grabbed a tuft of her long brown hair. Cut her throat, watch her bleed, drag her to the creek and hold her down until the bubbles stop. His mind screamed as he wrapped her hair around his fist tightly and pulled towards him with his knife in his hand. He stabbed towards her and as he pulled the knife back he let go and pushed her away from him. He held his hand to his side where the knife had hit him and lifted it up to see the crimson color began to wash away as the water droplets hit his palm. Maybe it was just the fact that this was the first attack done to him by a tribute but his brain went into survival mode and without the option of flight now he had no choice but to fight. And fight he would, because in the end she drew first blood.

Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 12:04 am

Amy's attack dug through Spencer's torso, breaking a couple ribs in the process and sending Spencer staggering back a few steps.
Back to top Go down
Emzink

Emzink

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:45 pm

I rolled my eyes and let my hands drop. I sighed, exasperated at his reply. "It's district one humor, and is not to be taken at face value." Now I knew why some people thought district three kids were so difficult. I ducked again, jabbing at his injured ribs. They looked to be his "Achilles heel" so to speak. I had no idea what they would to to his fighting skills, but I was starting to get hopeful. Maybe I had a chance after all...

Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Ineffective
Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Arrow-18
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 2:20 am

Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_mfboxgGpRD1rxx4vz

Spencer staggered back a little as he moved a little. Yeah, something was cracked in there but there was visibly no way to really tell. He only had the dull kind of constant pain that stayed behind even after the knife cut through his skin. He jumped away as she attempted to jab at his ribs once more and gritted his teeth a little as the slight impact from that sent a rush of pain up his back. Spencer reached into the nice, full med kit he still had strapped to him and grabbed a roll of gauze. He used a piece it to wrap up his torso where the knife went in with just enough pressure to stop the bleeding from the cut but not enough to really constrict his broken ribs. He knew better than that, breathing was important after all and restricting the rib cage that much even though there felt like there was something cracked or broken in there it was actually more harmful to try and do a hard set like that. Nope this would be one of those things were he had to deal with the pain because as he had read in a book before there was really nothing more that could be done. He almost contemplated taking a few of the pills that were labeled "Pain" but decided against it for now. If it seemed like it was getting to bad then he would but at this point in time he didn't need it. But after all the movement that was going to be in his future he knew that he would probably be reaching for them soon enough. He swiped at her then jumped back away from her again. "Oh...right. Ok then." He was always told that he could be awkward and unsocial, if this wasn't an example of that then he didn't know what was.

Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Arrow-12
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 4:12 pm

A loud wisp of wind funneled in between the tributes, sounding angry, almost like a howl.
Back to top Go down
Emzink

Emzink

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 8:14 pm

I was half tempted to giggle at Spencer's response when I remembered to block. I couldn't afford to fail again. I tried to lunge out of the way and whe I was upright again, I heard a howling hurricane. Where do that get this stuff from? I bit my lip and frowned. This was very, very bad. I looked across, at Spencer and swallowed any thoughts of conversation I may have had. I swiped at him, praying I didn't miss.

Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 10:11 pm

Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Tumblr_m3pv5wJf4Z1qdb6u0o1_500

Spencer backed away once again from the attack as was custom for him to do now. And in the same movement flung himself clumsily forwards for a swipe from his knife. He backed away again keeping distance from Amy when the wind funneled in between them and a sickening sound could be heard echoing within it. The noise made a chill move up his spine as he was reminded of an enemy that he had seen not too long ago. It may or may not be that same thing but either way he was worried about that more then the girl. He backed away from the water, putting as much distance as he could between him and the creek and trying to put Amy as much in the middle of it as he could.

Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Arrow-16
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 11:14 pm

The wind picked up suddenly, blowing the tributes off their feet and down hard to the ground.

[-5 to Amy, -10 to Spencer, not blockable.]
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:05 am

Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Tumblr_m26zu3Gl5J1qlle6co1_500

Spencer could feel the blade not hit anything as was indicative of him missing and instead it was met with a swishing sound as it cut through the air instead of flesh. He sighed a little, while he had hated knowing that he had killed and hurt people it was just now apart of going home in the end. And he had gotten this far...what was to stop him now? As he went to slash away again at his target though he felt the wind push him off of his already loose footing and he fell to the ground as did Amy. But he couldn't let this stop him much...at least that was what he thought as he pushed himself up as fast as he could towards Amy, slashing at her while she was still down and reacting to the loss of footing she was also dealing with right now.

Back to top Go down
Emzink

Emzink

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 7:55 am

I was slammed to the ground, and groaned, I would not last much longer. I saw Spencer try to attack me, so I slashed a clumsy swipe to Spencer's center of gravity. I knew that my fall would leave me a little disoriented. I poked back at the ever-growing funnel. This was not good. Very not good.

Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 4:24 pm

No change
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:04 am

Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Tumblr_m26zu3Gl5J1qlle6co1_500

Spencer did really the only there was was to do at this point, just block and attack. Really what more was there for him to do? He could try to make it interesting but interesting meant prolonging this and in his mind now just ending it was best. Maybe if they made it boring enough they would send in something, or make the ground collapse underneath them. He looked to be in better shape than Amy, even with his cracked ribs. He blocked her attack by jumping back clumsily then with the same clumsy movements he flung his arm forward with the blade of the knife facing her. All it took was one good hit and hoping for a moment of distraction.

Back to top Go down
Emzink

Emzink

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:00 am

I took a deep breath, wondering if he could heal from broken ribs that quickly. Maybe they weren't broken. I was always overestimating my own skill, and he would be getting damaged if they really were broken. Stupid. I cursed myself. Never underestimate your opponent. I tried to dodge away halfheartedly. I was getting bored, and I was the one in the game. I stabbed at spencer, stifling a yawn. I knew they had to send something big, and dangerous. I was excited. This would be good!

Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 4:37 pm

The mud clung to the tribute's feet, pulling them off balance.

[-10 to Amy, -15 to Spencer]
Back to top Go down
Emzink

Emzink

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 5:27 pm

I assume its not blockable?
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 7:05 pm

Well assumed.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:11 pm

Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_mfcjolwCXV1rxx4vz

Spencer again just repeated exactly the same thing that he had been doing for the last...well forever. Just jump away from the attack and then clumsily swipe forwards. Nothing more then that could be done really. It wasn't like he was well versed in the arts of fancy weapon wielding anyways. Fancy moves just weren't his style. But either way Amy yawned in that obnoxious way that said she was bored already. But if she was so bored with this fight and it was so easy for her then why hadn't she killed him already? But he put these thoughts to the back of his mind, he needed as clear of one as he could get as he struggled through the exhaustion of everything. As he went to side step a bit though his foot sank deep into the mud throwing him entirely off balance and sending him to his side. He landed with a thud hard into the mud sending a pain right up his side. He flinched as the pain radiated through his body. He reached down for the med kit...tempted to grab the bottle of pain pills to lessen what he felt, but decided against it. No if the mud was continuing to be this bad then he may need it more then after a few hits. and right now that med kit was the one thing that he had that he felt might be able to give him the winning edge.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally, something other than trees   Finally, something other than trees - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally, something other than trees
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next