The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Exploring The Arena

Go down 
+3
Ariiyoko
Prince Hawk
Loki
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue1/1Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:24 pm

I took the water graciously, but only took a few sips before putting the cap on the bottle. Better to conserve water now for when the Gamemakers cut off the rain. The second gift is my weakness. Bread. And the first food I've had in at least a few weeks. I eat about half of my portion ravenously before I can stop myself to thank Amy. After swallowing the bit of food left in my mouth, I look up to see there was a third gift. Two knives, short, but useful. She hands me one, and I accept it. "Thanks," I say, " for everything." I slip the knife into my belt, not needing it now. I watch her as she examines the knife she kept. I can't believe she so willingly trusted me enough to give me anything, especially her sponsor gifts, especially this late in the Games. Maybe it's different in District One, I wouldn't know.

As I think about that, Amy says something about her brother. I nod, understanding what she's talking about. I don't say anything though, not wanting to press in her old life.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue150/150Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:26 pm

The ground had begun to soften over time from the constant beating it took from the rain, which sloshed the dirt around and turned it to mud.
Back to top Go down
Emzink

Emzink

Female Posts : 258
Birthday : 1999-04-21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue150/150Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:42 pm

I took the med kit and healed a little. Noticing all the mud, I had to be careful. The last thing you want to do is trip and break something. I remembered that back home, some of the kids would play in the mud before their parents scolded them for getting all dirty. I miss home.

Emzink carried out 1 launched of one Heal(Other) :
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue1/1Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 5:42 pm

I take another bite of bread before getting to my feet. I frown as I realize the ground is quickly turning to mud. "We might want to find dryer ground," I say, though the idea is probably futile. This whole place is wet. There's probably no such thing as "dryer".
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 6:51 pm

With that last patch up, the first aid kit was empty.
Back to top Go down
Emzink

Emzink

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:05 pm

I nodded. Higher ground seemed like a good idea. I wondered where the other tributes were. There were only, what, three others? I brushed my wet hair out of my face, hoping to focus on a plan. When I looked back at the first aid kit, I cursed. Luckily, I knew some herbs that might help. I searched the area for something to heal Luke and I. I hoped I would find something. I just had to!
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 4:22 pm

I wasn't quite sure what Amy was doing, but I assumed she was looking for a plant or something for one reason or another. For a moment, I stood there, not knowing what to do. I looked around for something to occupy myself with before realizing something. I had way too much stuff to hold in my hands at the moment. I begin to look around for vines that would be strong enough to hold my weapons.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 8:43 pm

There were many leaves in the area, but the jungle foliage was unfamiliar to the tribute.
Back to top Go down
Emzink

Emzink

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 11:13 pm

I frowned. After studying plants both at the training gym and at home, I was shocked I couldn't find anything. It bit my lip in frustration, hoping that all those hears of training weren't useless. i figured my brothers were probably laughing at me right now. On the bright side, I was never one to give up. It must be hunger. Before giving it another go, I took another bite of bread and looked over at Luke. "Any luck?" I asked quickly. While awaiting his answer I checked the hill again.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 11:39 pm

I shake my head, "Nope," but keep looking. It's not like I have anything better to do. And I do need something to carry my stuff so my hands are free.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Out of nowhere a figure dove into Luke, grappling him and sending a shock through his body before letting go and rolling away to its feet. The creature was yellow and black and had 6 legs, like an overgrown insect. On its back was a parachute with a medkit, caught on its shell.

Loki carried out 1 launched of one MUTT :
Exploring The Arena - Page 8 20258398
(Mutt has 100HP. You have to kill it for the medkit.)
Back to top Go down
Emzink

Emzink

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 7:40 pm

I nodded at Luke, opening my mouth to respond, when out of the blue, a giant bug came crawling out of nowhere. A shudder of repulsion ran through me, when I spotted the medkit. "Look at its back! We need that medkit!" I tucked my body and rolled over to the beast. Witha slice of my new knife I attacked the bug and lunged for its back. I hopped on, riding it like a horse. If only I could grab hold of the medkit!
Emzink carried out 1 launched of one Attack(2) :
Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Arrow-18
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 10:17 pm

[color:2f40= white]Out of nowhere, I felt myself being attacked. I fell to the ground as the creature jumped away. After a second, I regained my footing, still dazed and feeling some pain. I found myself looking at Amy riding a giant bug-mutt, reaching for a parachute trapped on the creature's shell. Without a second thought, I stagger towards the beast, wielding both my sword and club, and strike out at its underside, hoping the shell isn't too thick.

Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Attack(2) :
Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Arrow-17
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 10:59 pm

The creature reared back, throwing Amy off its back into a tree. It proceeded to shove Luke down violently before it slashed at both tributes with its pincers hastily.

Loki carried out 2 launched of one MUTT :
Exploring The Arena - Page 8 20258398 , Exploring The Arena - Page 8 12849686
(Mutt has 25HP, both attacks for both.)
Back to top Go down
Emzink

Emzink

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:09 pm

I hit my head against the tree, furious that I didn't grab the med kit too. With a headache, and most likely a concussion, I curled into a tight ball to protect myself. I stood back up slowly, colors and she's swirling around. I clumsily swung the knife and jabbed at the creature. If I didn't slow down for a minute, my headache would get worse. I steadied myself and put my hand on my head. Lord, I hope I didn't have a concussion...

Emzink carried out 1 launched of one Attack(1) :
Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Arrow-19
Emzink carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) :
Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Blockedc
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 7:08 am

In my dazed state, I didn't notice when Amy was thrown off the creature, so I wasn't alert until the bug smashed me into the ground. At this point, I put up my club to block the snapping pincers as I slashed my sword wildly, hoping to land a hit.

Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) :
Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Ineffective
Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Attack(2) :
Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Arrow-15
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:06 pm

The attacks bounced off of the creature's shell harmlessly and it slashed outwards at the tributes.

Loki carried out 1 launched of one MUTT :
Exploring The Arena - Page 8 62270044

(25HP)
Back to top Go down
Emzink

Emzink

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 10:47 pm

I slid to the side, avoiding the attack. Regaining my footing I rolled my shoulders and took a deep breath. The creature was weak. One more solid blow and it would die. I threw my arrow as hard as I could at the creatures vulnerable underside. I knew it was risky, but if I hit it, it would die. I knew that the mutt was weak, but unfortunately, so were we. We needed that med kit. That stuff would get us in good enought shape to kill the others and one of us would win this thing.

Emzink carried out 1 launched of one Attack(1) :
Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Arrow-18
Emzink carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) :
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 4:09 pm

I winced in pain as the beast slipped past my guard. I rolled away as it attacked again. I got to my feet when I thought I was a good distance away and prepared to dash in again.

Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) :
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 4:34 pm

The monster tumbled onto its back, defeated. Sadly, the med kit was lodged in under it.
Back to top Go down
Emzink

Emzink

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 8:14 pm

I saw that the med kit we needed was lodged in between the ground and the beast. I bit my lip to keep a scream of disgust and frustration repressed. I assumed one or both of us would have to go in after it. "I'll roll it over, you grab the med kit." Seeing as this was the hunger games, I knew that the Gamemakers must have some other hidden toture in mind for us. I hoped I didn't barf from the smell. Ignoring the lagging sense of dread in the back of my mind, I focued on the task at hand. Stepping up and being brave, I pushed against the mutt, rolling it onto it's side. "Grab it now, before I lose my grip."
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 8:12 am

I was about to suggest that I would be better suited to roll the beast, but then I realized that the games had taken a much heaver toll on me than my new ally, so I obediently made my way back to the mutt. Briefly, I though it might just be playing dead, but when amy rolled it over, I dispelled that thought. As fast as my injured body would allow, I snatched up the medkit and took a few steps back. "Got it," I say. Then I sit down and open the medkit, looking for what I think I needed. After a second, I began to work on my newer wounds, hoping I was getting it right.

Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Heal(Other) :
Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Heal_zps1bba70df
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 1:08 pm

The Medkit seemed rather empty for being new. Perhaps the Gamemakers were trying to force the games to a swift end.
Back to top Go down
Emzink

Emzink

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 3:05 pm

I cussed under my breath. That's just what we needed. No medicine. After all that work. Well, If it's a fight they want, its a fight they've got. "Come on. We're going hunting." I looked around for the other tributes. Being on the hill, I figured that we had a good view. The pebble beach had a couple of tributes battling a mutt. I assumed that if we went down there to fight them, the mutt would run away, help us kill them, or attack us too. Honestly, I just don't care anymore. I took a bite of bread and rinsed it down with a sip of water. "Pebble beach?" I asked excitedly.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 6:48 pm

I frowned as I realized just how near-empty the kit was. But at least there was still something left. I'd leave that for later though. I slipped the handle of the medkit onto my belt, securing it to myself for now. "That's a little demanding, don'tcha think?" I grumble as Amy tells me we're going hunting, but I get up and follow her anyway. From her spot, I see two tributes and a mutt, but I'm too far away to see who it is. I nod in agreement to heading down there, not letting myself wonder if the other tribute is my old ally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exploring The Arena   Exploring The Arena - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exploring The Arena
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next